Request Female Protagonist Romance Novel but she chooses to be single

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by herosaver, Jan 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herosaver

herosaver Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This may sound weird, and I don't even know if it exists, but is there a female MC romance novel where MC chooses to be single rather than be with ML at the end of the novel.

After reading so so so so many romance female MC novels, while I enjoy seeing MC and ML get together, I'm also tired. Especially when the plot is where MC is transmigrated into a book where ML is to meet another woman and love her but MC is now the person ML loves. I would like to read a novel where MC decides and sticks with just being happy being single, free, and living a leasure life rather than being married with ML.

I know I stated it as romance novel, which some may disagree since MC doesn't end up with ML, but in a way, I find that also romantic for MC to just choose herself. To be single and live her life happily. Why must it always be that a woman needs a man, even if that man is kind and loves her. being single can be romantic in it's own right.

2. lazykitty_99

lazykitty_99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    U can try
    Transmigrated cannon fodder please calm down .
    Mc is op (due to her thousand of years being a bounded cf) .but she wouldn't care about ml in many arcs where ml has hurted the original one .. even if later ml repents.
    U can check nu spoiler thread if it suit ur tastes

3. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is an anime movie called "Josee, the Tiger and the Fish" you might like.

4. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Alina Moktan

Alina Moktan LaLisa Stole My Heart

Reading List:
    Link
    Recommended my favorite novel where MC stay single. It have interesting plot.
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/thre...-a-cannon-fodder-quick-transmigration.117895/

6. NightSky_

NightSky_ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Low IQ Supporting Female, Waiting for Death Online.​

There is tragedy in the genre, so make sure that you don't hate this genre first!!
    I adore tragedy and, as a lover of this genre, I can say with confidence that "tragedy" is not in vain here. This is a quick transmigration, and in every world there is always BE, hurray))).

In fact, this is a very original and atypical (at least for me) title. I cried in almost every arc. MC is a victim of circumstances, well, I mean, everyone is always against her because of how eccentric she is. She sheds light on the clichéd villains who supposedly have no feelings and are bitches without morality who deserve to die. MC plays the role of a villain in different worlds. And in the end, I'm glad that she really DID NOT FORGET (not like many Chinese FLs who forgive everything, just because it's ML) about everything that ML did to her and didn't love him, on the contrary, she even coldly treats him, I almost went to heaven with happiness... And I'm glad that in the end, ML realized what kind of trash he was...

Spoilers, don't read, please, if you have expectations on this title!!!
    Although these were, of course, misunderstandings (it was very funny, so it is also a comedy), but misunderstandings show that even an arrogant and proud villain knows how to experience emotions and can be hurt. For me ML and pseudo-FL from other worlds are always scum, pieces of shit. All this cliché with an innocent and stupid heroine and a ruthless and cold hero at the end of the arc is always shed with common sense.

The stupid pseudo-FL thinks only of herself, all the affection and love that she experiences is measured by whether she is comforted when she cries with them, and whether they pay ALL their attention to her. It's like when the teacher told about the terrible past of the girl who bullied FL and everyone began to sympathize with her A LITTLE (they were still on FL's side, ok yes), but FL begins to feel sorry for herself and sad, how pathetic she is and how no one pays to her attention. This is absurd, right? She constantly cries and regrets herself, she constantly needs someone who would comfort her and forgive everything. It was painful to watch ...

ML is just a scumbag. He treats MCs so coldly and cruelly in all worlds, but constantly excuses himself to be absurd. Because of him, MC died in every world!! Bastard...

And what is most important - everyone around always insists that ML and pseudo-FL are very good and kind. Cute and cool, and MC is trash that deserves a gruesome death. It was so absurd and immoral! It's very sad that only after the death of MC did they realize how unreasonable they were. ALL of them!!

Spoilers are done!!

This is one of my favorite Chinese novels. It has everything that I like! I highly recommend it!

7. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I Work Hard Every Day To Make My Husband Bankrupt
    My first impression is that this book isn't a Romance novel to begin with. However, that's mostly based on the fact that the protagonist doesn't get together with her main love interest. He definitely does try his best to make the relationship work, and the patterns the book follows are very much in line with regular Romance novels. I think what happened is that the writer realized that having a regular romantic ending would do a disservice to her story and its themes so she jettisoned the relationship as the book came to its conclusion.

8. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.