Discussion Most hated anime cliche?

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by animefan217, Apr 28, 2020.

1. drewjn

drewjn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Perhaps you should ask which examples we mean or refer to for unrealistic representations of ultra-ruthless mcs before you just blatantly assume all of us as ignorant fools.

Being ruthless for sensible reasons is different from making a 'ruthless mc' with laughably poor settings and reasons just to have the author create a self gratification story.

At least understand the meaning of context of others' posts before going on a rant.

2. Daresan

Daresan Well-Known CN Master

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea my bad, what you said is correct i might have assumed that you find each and every ruthless character unrealistic.

There are definitely some CN novels that have Mc ruthless just for the sake of it. In that case i am also on your side cause i too dont find it realistic

3. Stopitgetaway

Stopitgetaway ↳ [HIATUS] Holy Property

Reading List:
    Link
    Dumb poor girl needs a prince-like rich but toxic man. Seriously, shoujo heroines need to get a back bone.

4. RainMorga

RainMorga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Situation: Everyone has been cornered by ruthless enemies. They will be killed or be toyed with before dying.
    Warrior: Wants to fight the enemies even though he/she is clearly weaker than the enemies.
    Warrior's friend: "Stop! You can't fight them. You will be killed."

Me: "Bitch, you are going to die anyways. Why are you trying to stop someone who is aiming for survival?"
    This happened in last week's Solo Leveling so it's kinda fresh for me.

5. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Worse is when its their fault and they still get mad.

6. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    - beta MCs
    - fake harems that are basically RAEG-bait
    - the 'man-bashing' of harem anime of the 00s and early 10s (like Love Hina) where it's done for bullshit reasons or no reason at all.

7. Chu2

Chu2 Sunshine~

Reading List:
    Link
    pretty much anything a harem protagonist does

overtly ecchi/innocent
    suuuper dense
    beats up super terrible bad guy that's been hyped up for the past season in the span of 1-2 episodes, sometimes less
    sexual harassment is okay because the guy's actually a sweetheart/idiot

8. BugEater

BugEater New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    mines is actually when they are doing something perverted, and they just get away with it and everyone's just fine about it (i mean like them watching people change and end up getting caught)

9. Rohan Hades

Rohan Hades Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate it when the protagonist has a power and it gets nerfed. (Power it works once, then it never works as well again, wind resengan, tsukiyomi, arematsu)

I hate it when the protagonist loses because of plot. (Warf effect or artificial drama)

I hate lazy heroes who train last minute and get gains to compete with the newest villain. Like train constantly or like get smart with it like resistance seals or whatever yuske in yu yu hakasho had.

10. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Weak dense MC's

What I mean by that is mfs that can tell what theyre opponets thinking by their fucking breathing patterns but they cant tell a female character likes em.

Also the type of MC that deadass just beats the living shit out of anyone but as soon as a chick hits em they go weak like tf.

11. rerere27

rerere27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    •Overpowered MC's from the start who does not have to work hard.
    →Not just by power, ability, but even intelligence. I enjoy seeing MCs suffer and villain's announced as winners so i hate this kind of trope. V
    •Dormant Protagonist
    →Very annoying
    •Harems
    →I can't express it enough in words how much i hate this. It's even more annoying if the MC is dense.
    •Tsundere
    →Used to be cute but now it's very annoying. There are some tsunderes i love because they are done right but some just makes me skip whenever they appear.
    •Fangirls in School Setting
    →Really very annoying. Was just watching Braveheart striker or something (forgot the title) in AnimeLog rn and i hate the girls who fangirls over the MC's brother.
    •Unique girl
    →Again, watching braveheart striker just tests my patience. I hate the Female Lead. She's annoying, everything about her. She's portrayed as this unique blah blah who doesn't fangirl, and the way she speaks to the MC just ticks something in me.
    •Pips who won because they have to
    →Really i hate this. We are introduced to this 'very strong' character but then was easily defeated by the MC or the MC defeats him because of the power of friendship. Well a part of this is just because i tend to love the villains more than the Main Characters. I find side characters and villains more entertaining than the MC in most animes.
    •Constant Misunderstandings
    →I luv sum misunderstandings here and there but some is just.. you know? Overdone.
    •Love Triangles
    →Im done with this trope. Well, i really don't like the 'Romance' genre.
    •No awareness
    → Does not only apply to the characters but also to the plot.
    I have a lot of things i hate but these are the only things i thought of now.

12. Megatron

Megatron Decepticon

Reading List:
    Link
    Beta dense mc, Tsundere, and Truck-kun. These tropes have been played out to hell

13. ALostCause

ALostCause Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC keep professing their goals every second of every episode.

14. nancyjoshua

nancyjoshua New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like anime romance.