Discussion Hello!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Beer_Kitty, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Heya!
    Its been a while since ive visited NUF and NU.
    Just a tad bit of drama. Just sharing.

The thing is, i feel like the flare of reading novels from the time i started to now is going down. Last time I moved most of my reading list to another list. And by now i feel like im starting to lose interest even to what ive left in there.
    As for now, theres only Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear, Death Mage and Kumo desu ga that i feel like reading.

Manga is also getting tiresome due to the long wait and sad to say trash translation by others. English isnt my mother tongue btw so it feels weird reading weird grammar mistakes.

Anime on the other hand is somewhat doable for now. But weekly releases isnt really my thing so I just binge watch after the season. Unless its something like Slime or JJK.

And at the end of this, what do you guys usually do if the flare dies down.
    I want to keep reading things to calm my mind due to this pandemic but im also getting tired of them. I tried stopping for a while but that didnt help at all. Even reducing them makes no sense now.

2. Emilyl

Emilyl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try different genres, or just take a break. BTW, webcomics tend to have much faster updates than manga

Beer_Kitty likes this.
  3. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Go back to my reading fave, the great invention of fanfics

Beer_Kitty likes this.
  4. eray.gns

eray.gns Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try dopamine fasting.

melomarl likes this.
  5. Zekard

Zekard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get what you mean, just recently i realised i have been feeling the same, though there are some series i still continue to read. But the list is getting fewer and fewer as either the translator caught up with the raws or after a longterm reading break i lost interest, especially when i see there a 50 chapters i have to read again just to understand why the plot mibes into the direction it does.

Worse is you lose interest in finding new series as true gems and real gold is hard to find.

Beer_Kitty likes this.
  6. MisterBubbles

MisterBubbles [The Omnipotent No. 2 at Everything]

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually turn to other forms of entertainment, but if I still want to read I’ll read some of my favorite books like The Count of Monte Cristo or The Sea Wolf. Stuff on NU are usually easy reads that are mostly for entertainment value and don’t particularly have an overly deep meaning to them, so turning to some of the more meaningful works for awhile is usually enough for me recharge my love of fun reads that are on NU.

7. Owl1412

Owl1412 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the past, whenever I got tired of manga/novels/anime I just stopped. There’s no point if it’s not fun right? Same reason why we drop series; we just don’t like it.
    You seem like you’re getting bored of the current series. There are always going to be completed series you haven’t heard of before. You could try using the series finders for novels or getting recs for completed manga. As for past anime, it should be fairly easy to search up reviews. It’s impossible to have watched EVERY single good completed series in existence.
    There’s also games we haven’t discussed. Even if you don’t buy them, you can always watch them on YouTube for their storyline. This is what I’ve been doing since I’m too lazy to spend time playing myself.
    Everyone gets burnout, but you’ll eventually return whether it’s weeks or years later. But be warned, backlogs are a bitch to go through...

Beer_Kitty likes this.
  8. Nightlily

Nightlily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally split my reading between Eastern literature, Western literature, historic literature and scientific literature. Then within those I have the genres that I like and don't like. So if I get tired of one kind of story or genre I work my way towards another and when I can't enjoy any of the genres I move towards one of the next categories of literature. If I can't find anything in any of the four that interests me I'll just stop reading books for a bit and do something like watch movies or play video games. Maybe even write my own book and which sends me down towards the more classic books like Dune and Lord of the Rings stuff I normally wouldn't touch again but I'll do so to help write a better story for myself.

Really it's all about having a break and doing what you enjoy and cycling through things so you don't just feel obligated to slog through something.

Baldingere, Beer_Kitty and Zekard like this.
  9. Kodiak

Kodiak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I troll the novel pick up requests. I've actually found some gems in there that I never would've found since it's not been translated yet. As an added plus, since you'll be using google translate (I assume), you can have it translated into your language. The biggest thing to remember is Chinese doesn't use gender so the translation can can get the him/her, mr./mrs. mixed up. Once you get the knack for remembering which character the author is talking about, it becomes much easier. It just takes a little practice.
    I also go back to books written in my native language or watching tv to give myself a break.

Beer_Kitty likes this.
  10. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello Beer Kitty. Did you read Ze Tian Ji?

11. melomarl

melomarl Burning Red

Reading List:
    Link
    Try playing games next

12. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    You're burned out.

Do something else besides the usual stuffs.

Beer_Kitty and ManyNovelSites like this.
  13. ManyNovelSites

ManyNovelSites Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with Chrono. But, don’t take too much of a break. I lost my spark about Comics after taking a year long break. Just lay back and chill out I guess. I can’t relate about manga, but I know how ya feel. Perhaps try WEBTOON or something. Have fun!

Beer_Kitty likes this.
  14. Beer_Kitty

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe ill try stopping for a week or about a month since i wont get a ton of backlogs reading only 3 novels. Or maybe just kumo desu ga for the moment since the author is updating pretty much weekly.

As for other recommendations, im bad at chinese novels. Or I just hate chinese in general. Either way, i wont be trying chinese novels since my hatred of the country itself with its culture. Sorry.

Im trying some webtoons now but theres a bunch that doesnt make sense to me since its jumping way more than Ive expected or they are CN webtoons, never checked, maybe later after work.

As for games im playing mobile mmorpg's, fps mobile, moba and lately genshin impact.

Thank you for the suggestion. Never knew i could get burned out. Always thought that i wont since i love reading comics and folklores/myths and legends type of things. Well see ya in a month or two. Bye

15. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh just move on ? Why not just pick it up back whenever your interest came back ?

16. Beer_Kitty

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of them are in my backup list. Im mostly reading things that i still want to keep up but the others are either crap now since theres a ton of different translators picking it up after going awol for a while or simply didnt expect them to go that route and i just got bored with the arc.

Maybe gonna read them back again if i feel i want to but for now, everything feels off. Not gonna lie, i even just skim most of the parts since last year.

17. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I don’t have much time to do other things. But since I'm still young, I enjoy traveling, surfing, camping, snorkeling, boxing and playing video games when I have a break. So boredom or stress will never exist in my dictionary. Reading is my last thing because I'm not a fan of it.

Kitty, just go beyond your usual habits.
    Why not try fashion design or fitness/yoga because you are a girl?
    Are furry friends your thing? Find out if your local animal shelter needs a few helping hands.
    Or make time for your friends... How about a girls' night out or play video games with them?
    If not just go for a vacation kitty.. *pats on the shoulder*

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    Fulminata likes this.
  18. Beer_Kitty

Reading List:
    Link
    Not gonna lie, the case of covid in my area isnt going down in the slightest. Still in the 3digits. Most "vacation spots" are barren and lifeless. If its close, like 3-5hour drive, not so much to do there. Theres still papers to work on just to visit a different region. If its on the other islands, flights and boats are almost "dead". No one is leaving just to do vacation.

Technically im a man lol. I just like cats and hate dogs(who barks).
    As i said above, hangouts and parties are forbidden also. Max people for parties are 5 with alcohol ban. Plus im really a loner guy with party people friends. Cant do much other than work, eat out and sleep.

19. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    Oops, here I thought you're a girl.. My bad, sorry!
    Anyway, If that's how things are going around you, you're in a bad situation man. That really sucks!!! *shakes head*

20. GREED444

GREED444 [STEP RED SIBLING] [ᏂᏁ][⚓️]

Reading List:
    Link
    i found comdare in loner world