LCD Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by TUSF, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Mathio

Mathio Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah! Go for the final arc. Maybe a fight between D and Shiro?

2. Kphone89

Kphone89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's so much I want to comment on about WN331 but I'll pass on most of it. sigh
    Kuro still hasn't realized his plan is bad, and was just made worse by D. And Shiro's plan that would coincidentally saved some people will save fewer..
    Why is Kuro so stupid!?

edit: grammar

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    Shio likes this.
  3. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the WN the continuation is in the main story when it catches up to that point. there is around 200 WN chapters between that though (mostly side story chapters)

I think the LN is somewhere around that point of the story in Japan. (on of the images for LN 14 looks to be a scene at the very end of the elf battle)
    The Evil Elf Patriarch's real body, which is only seen just before he is killed by his "daughter" at the end of the battle

4. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Episode 2-3 of the anime was good, had to stop myself from skipping the parts where Shun appeared since they were extremely boring.

5. luckymorris

luckymorris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I skip every time, it's already been painfull enough to deal with this asinine cunt in the LN, i ain't going to torture myself once more in the anime. I understood that this beta japanese isekai MC is here for satire and to give a contrast to kumoko's hard times, but his story is genuinely bad, the author should have dropped the satire and make a genuinely good MC for the human side.

6. Kphone89

Reading List:
    Link
    (WN reader) I just want to see Shuns face when
    it's revealed that Sariel & Kuro who he's fighting alongside are responsible for his classes deaths. Add to that the fact that the previous demon king and the hero 2 generations ago are human for all intents and purposes (unlike Foddway and Ariel being monster demon kings), it's basically Sariel, Kuro, and the humans he's fighting along side who are responsible for his suffering.
    Summed up: Shun's friends, family, and allies killed his past self to make him their pawn and use their relationship to forcetrick him into fighting for them.
    I can't wait to see this face!

Shio and Arbelbyss like this.
  7. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    He's both inexperienced, ill advised, and indecisive. I think author have made clear what kind of man he is from his own monologue chapter and others comments about him. To name it short he is 'hetare' or loser according to Shiro.
    I think we'll see more back story on him on current arc that may explain why he turned like that. From snippet of his reminiscing monologue it suggests that he had made a big failure in the past which implies that he may have became indecisive because of it.

Anyway I'm predicting that current Pope of divine word religion would have a more lackluster end game pieces. He'd asks for Shiro's help and perhaps would come to compromise with what Shiro planned in mind and I'll predict that Shiro would be too soft again.

8. Kphone89

Reading List:
    Link
    There should be a limit to stupidity, and if he was really that stupid, he would've died already.
    Unlike most dragons, Kuro thinks, acts, and participates in interacting with others. His being a dragon won't ruin his ability to learn, adapt, and perceive the problems with his plan. These problems aren't things that magically disappear when he looks at them and reappear afterwards.
    He's unlike the dragons from A Demon Lord’s Tale who rest for hundreds of years and have no culture. Even the other dragons from the Kumo-universe show a culture of ruling planets (and their intelligent life), wiping out races that threaten the planets, and many other things.

A theory I considered about the pope was that he was the 1st Potimas was his clone but I don't believe it.

9. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    From the SS chapter he is definitely different person than Potimas the researcher.

As for Kuro i think the original plan already mentioned which is letting the system in place until the planet recovered to some extent before dismantling them. What he did not take into account however that the souls that are used to accumulate MA energy are slowly grinded into collapse.
    He's ready to continue the system as is replacing Sariel in cases she died earlier to maintain that original plan. I think we'll see what's his end plan now that his dragons come into play.

10. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Kuro had a refuge created, where people with dangerously weak souls could rest for the remainder of their lives. So he knew about the ground down souls, but like Dustin, he was waiting for the problem to fix itself eventually. Just keep the highly skilled, worn soul people safe for a few decades, giving the system time to build up, so that they could be healed when they died maybe, was probably as deeply as he thought about it.

11. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    So they plan to submerge the dungeon. From what i remember the sea they have isn't a real sea and have magical border on the far ends keeping the water off the devastated parts of the planet. But the volume of water can probably still fill out the bottom part of the dungeon while flushing down the monsters from higher level freeing them from having to spend manpower to clear them.

12. Anonymousbb

Anonymousbb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a good point, and I wonder if this is also something D potentially planned out. Even if the System continues, peoples' souls are still wearing out.

More in line with D though, the whole system could be a monkey's paw. It was made to save the planet, not the people. What if when the planet is fully restored, the system removes itself from the equation and rips the skills out of everyone, killing just as many as if Shiro successfully accomplished her goal (or more, since Shiro may not be ready to protect those she wants to)?

That'd be real Evil God level; Dustin could win the battle, but both sides would lose the war. Humanity still dies and Shiro may not be able to save anyone/can save fewer people than she desires. And D gets to enjoy her show.

13. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I finished LN vol. 10 from yen press translation. Where should I continue?

14. Kphone89

Reading List:
    Link
    WN reader here.. It sounds they're about the same point.
    D is more malicious than evil. I feel like someone labeled her as evil because she wouldn't sacrifice herself like Sariel did. For example, in Konjiki no Word Master, the human race declares the demons and beastmen as evil as a whole but they're not. Gods don't really work based on good and evil since they only care about allegiance (ally, enemy, neutral party).
    D doesn't care what happens as long as she's entertained. The system was probably made to save the world and its people. People could reincarnate with their memories so they'd continue living in another life, on the same world with the same people-an eternal life of sorts.

If people never had a chance to succeed, would D really be able to enjoy watching them fail time and again?
    Only because they fail when they can succeed can she truly enjoy their suffering.

Arbelbyss likes this.
  15. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Shiro explained that earlier, the system takes into consideration the wear on a soul when they die, and when everything is working properly, those souls would be kept in a reserve tank so they can heal, but since Kuro and Potimas were doing their own shit, the system was not working as intended.

Lydianne_Pyria and Kphone89 like this.
  16. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    In Shun’s defense, he’s just doing his best in a shit situation. He’s not going to win after all this. There is no winning. Only people who can leave the planet freely have any chance of winning. The only person guaranteed to win is D because no matter what, it’s all a game for her.

17. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Potimas really was the weak link there. Kuro was ineffective and all, but Potty just kept making things worse. Really Kuro, Pope-incompetent and the "Demons" should have all ganged up to kill the elves long before the story started.

At the least the elves should have been a distrusted and hunted race.

Lydianne_Pyria and Kphone89 like this.
  18. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Kuro interfered with all attempts to carry out any kind of genocide, it wasn't until the events of the story that he left his valley of op geezers, to finally do something productive. His excuse was that Sariel wanted to protect everyone, so he can't let them war against Potimas, or his mind-controlled minions.

Edit: this also means he can't raise a hand against them either.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  19. Rafaelbz

Rafaelbz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically Kuro politic was, i will not do anything and i will not let anyone do anything

20. Kphone89

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. Kuro does a lot: (collapsed list)
    • After the syetem booted up, he wanted to kill Potimas but was stopped by D. He did prevent Potimas from leaving the planet however-Potimas was shielded from Kuro with the MA barrier, and it would've been possible to leave with the MA barrier or dimension magic-sigh.
    • After souls approached the lethal state, he tried to let the weakened souls rest in a sanctuary. note: D's actions indirectly destroyed this.
    • He created the monster-dragons (after D added monsters) to be his arms and legs, and even created 1 of the hero's allies (non-God clone). The clone was both Julius and Shin's party member, but it's now near Ariel. Even his clone isn't working for him though. BURN!
    • He tried to stop the previous demon king and hero of 2 generations ago from fighting. Misinformation from Potimas led them to turn on Kuro and Sariel redirected the attack to D. This burned an outrageous amount of MA. First, the hero's attack utilized the system MA to overcome the difference of Hero (2 gen-) and Kuro (a God), and then Sariel used MA to send the attack to D. D recovered some of the MA, but a noticeable amount was lost. A small portion was returned when D said Taboo for everyone!
    • He was alerted to Kumoko's presence by his monster-dragons and went to purge her after she killed his minion. D stopped him. cock blocked!
    • He aided Demon Kingdom Maou Ariel because she and Shiaori we going to save the world and free Sariel. After Ariel and Shiro killed Potimas, he turned on them, #Betrayer Kuro/Gyuriestodiez.
    Kuro is half-assed at best. It can be said that he used Shiro and Ariel's good intentions to further his own goal (killing Potimas) and then betrayed them. The worst part is his plan and actions just keep making things worse. Plus, it seems like he's in love with Sariel so he should want to save her but humanity just keeps putting the knife to her throat. What's worse, his current plan is to practically slice her throat himself, #Betrayer Kuro/Gyuriestodiez.

No matter how I look at Sariel and Gyurie, they really deserve new titles;
    Fallen Angel Evil Goddess Sariel - Human supremacist and destroyer of worlds.
    EvilBetrayer God Gyuriestodiez - Betrayer of allies and himself. Supporter of destroying worlds.
    Why does Sariel need a re-title?
    Sariel's objectives as an angel are to protect primitive lifeforms and prevent the collapse of planets.
    • When humanity started harnessing MA energy, she should've killed off the humans responsible and erase any presence of technology and blueprints related to it. This is to protect the planet.
    • When humanity started experimenting on living humans, she should've killed off the humans responsible and erase any presence of technology and blueprints related to it. This is to protect primitive lifeforms
    • When humanity wanted to forcefully use MA energy to evolve, she should've stopped regarding humans as primitive lifeforms.
    • When the previous demon king and hero (2 gen-) launched an attack on Kuro, she should've let him die. However, even if she didn't let him die, when Shiro was trying to remove Heroes from the system, she should've supported it.
    • ALSO: The system itself is literally destroying the souls of those locked in it. The humans she loves continue to suffer more and more with each passing reincarnation. Pope Dustin did something to prevent people from having their memories after reincarnating but he has to actively MURDER people who so much as pick up Taboo Lv.1.
    • -There's probably more..
    Compared to the suffering and destruction Sariel and Kuro have caused, D's a fucking saint, and she's the self-proclaimed strongest Evil Goddess of the End.