kek

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by betterdays, Jan 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. betterdays

betterdays Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    found

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  2. mytus123

mytus123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, you don't even know how happy I am about this news, It was only a week ago when I finished latest chapters and I was having an existential crisis when I figured out that it was dropped once again.

Seems like I am really lucky guy, since I had to wait only one week for a miracle :D
    I hope this time it will be a fruitful experience for you with the new team, as well as for us readers (ehmm... leechers).

PS.: Also I kinda feel silly right now, after catching up with Centinni drama. I couldn't hold it and went for Patreon chapters, it definitely feels like a badly placed money now, supporting a scammer and knowing that it never reached the TLer... kinda annoying.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    betterdays likes this.
  3. Euphues

Euphues Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is wonderful news

4. WhiteMoonlight

WhiteMoonlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Been a while *ahem* you know that feeling when some part of your body feels itchy but you know that itching it will make it worse but you decide to do it anyway? right so i will be borrowing this recruitment ad/alleged obituary of my translator-sona (oh god i did Not just say that) to clarify some things real quick! Don't mind if i do! :blobhug:

(list form bc some people lack comprehension skills)

1. No one owns the license to translate PN (as of yet/that i know of). so it's fair game for any and all translators to pick it up at the same time. NU is not a regulatory authority of any kind so they can't take your translations down. they just won't post it in some cases (since you were the primary translator in this case, regardless of where you post it, you could just continue translating and request them to reroute links instead of being a dumbass). Besides, it's not all that uncommon for multiple translators to be doing their own thing on one novel. afterall, it's fan translations !

2. OP here chose to translate PN and work for centinni knowing fully well in great detail about what kind of people (referring to the 2 'bosses') they were. I do remember warning you once but if one party wants cooked noodles and the other party wants to cook it for them, then why should i be a meddling third party ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (im sorry but it was rather funny when you came to tell me about how you were mad at them bc like lol???)

3. While we're at that, if 4 emails or so over the course of 6 months(? idk how long it has been) count as staying in touch regularly, then what up bestie :blobhighfive: anyhow, i wasn't gonna say anything but i've been rather annoyed by this one misunderstanding for a while. aka the itch that i'm here to scratch ^^

-while i had some emotional attachments to the novel since it was my first time translating one, i didn't particularly care about the novel itself. I just really liked my editor (and proofreader lol fun ppl must say). that said, i was not desperate to continue translating it nor do i care whether someone trashes it or does an excellent job on it. good luck to the next tls :blobokhand: it's really got nothing to do with me.
    -did not entrust it to betterdays or any sappy thing like that lmao this isn't my legacy pls and thank you. he chose to do it because he wanted to. once again, nothing to do with me

-uh do Not acknowledge me anymore. i really do not wish for this drama to be stuck to my name forever ( i mean even though i don't use this name it's still very annoying when you don't get to neatly wrap something up yknow). Centinni isn't really a company or anything. it was just two very incompetent people scamming others left and right. even the 2nd boss scammed the first one which was something anyone with half a braincell could predict but it's none of my business. (note: pls don't go start hate commenting on them bc of this bc that's cyberbullying and quite frankly it will have Zero effect and they ain't gonna change. maybe feel like shit but cyberbullying is wrong frens. type responsibly)

-while the stress did pile up a lot alongside irl stress back then, it's not like centinni is the worst thing that happened to me lol i've seen worse. like any sane person would, i deleted my discord account and just didn't look at any comments whether good or bad and lo and behold mentalhealth.exe is back in business[​IMG] so just move on with life man. mentalhealth.exe is going to be out of business thanks to uni assignments tho [​IMG](semester break WHEN)

4. moving on to our last section (pats on your back if you're still reading. not if this is my little sister tho. go do your homework instead of minding online drama little brat).

so i did not quit translating lol. i do still translate, just not novels. i've worked on and off on several other sites and even among the worst ones, centinni seems to be an outlier lol. i won't go into analyzing the reasons for the group falling apart here (because it was obvious it would happen like 1 month in lol). not worth the time, so maybe if someday im freed from the shackles of assignments i might come online more ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-so i did translate the occasional chapter of novels as i read them on ridi here and there. ended up not posting them and then saw someone picked most of them up so welp lol. but i did translate a fair amount of manhwa a few months back. and i've mainly just been doing subtitles[​IMG]

-translating has NO correlation whatsoever with my career so i was never all that invested in it. there's a lot more hobbies that are funner (never thought i'd use this word) than staring in front of a screen in the dark and tap tap tap typing like a machine. it's really so unfulfilling! plus readers are USELESS. ngl only romance novels are fun to translate if you want a supportive and sweet reader base. but i don't like translating romance. action/fantasy readers will sell you off with no hesitation for half a peanut.

5. lastly, i've done a lot of growing up since and i really do not wish for this circus to go on (well, y'all are free to do as you please but i'd highly appreciate it if everyone decided to just forget about my existence).
    i had a sudden influx of emails in my inbox so i came to check it out and nothing's changed it seems. but ngl it's very very very annoying when people just make shit up about you and guess your intentions and whatnot (even more so when they get it wrong). then again, that's how the internet be so i don't really care (i did say the magic word tho so y'all won't die if you be a little nicer)

also sidenote: im super embarrassed about my translations on PN bc i didn't really have any experience translating a novel at that point so i hadn't figured out what kind of decisions to make when translating just yet. as a result, it followed the original text too closely and was basically a machine translation with good grammar. i've learnt a lot since then and now i translate just for myself/my own satisfaction (readers can go cry themselves to sleep idc). i do think i'm a lot better now so allow me to flex. (y'all are just going to have to take my word for it)

Right, so that's about it. i haven't proofread any of this so god bless the grammar nazis. also what is this tribute nonsense. This is my 3rd time losing the weekend to even more classes AND i have an exam on valentine's, so if there's anything you wanna pay tribute to, it should be that. ah, and if you wanna translate, just do it using your own name. i let it pass when you did it on discord since i just quit using it but no more using my name to cry injustice and throw pity parties lmao

then, ill go back into my prison of assignments. adios besties :blob_pompom:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    Sutad Aatma, LiLi041, Butters and 3 others like this.
  5. WhiteMoonlight

WhiteMoonlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh that got long. my bad. ill edit it someday if i can be bothered

tl;dr good luck with translating betterdays! :blobokhand:

6. BlackCat666

BlackCat666 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Betterdays,
    just come out clean.. you didn't leave centinni because you weren't paid.
    you were over .. ehem .. OVER PAID, and you were asked to share the money to your editor.
    but you did NOT do that. you made excuses to push it back and hoping people would forget, and they had to complain to paypal.
    because they wanted to give your editor and proofreader their fair share.

Don't try to ride Lanji's coat tails. No body did anything to you. You left because you were ask to share your over pay fairly to your editor. And you left like a drama queen because you did NOT want to. And now your trying to make people attack centinni as a whole.

You and centinni's "owner" aren't actually that different.

Edit: here is a quote from your chat in discord:

I'm sorry I cant post up the ss. I'm still a fresh account, but I have it saved...

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    Sutad Aatma likes this.
  7. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    you need 5 post to be able to include a link. just post somewhere for example P.N's lcd, or recent centinni-related thread, and then you can come back and insert link to images into this post.

8. BlackCat666

BlackCat666 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you :)

this the image i was referring to
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Jaspaaar

Jaspaaar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To provide the context for this mention of Wuxiaworld – Betterdays was directed to one our contracted translators as a potential candidate for some editing work last summer, after taking a preliminary test issued by a member of our staff. He was brought onto that project by the translator on a probationary basis, but his role on it ended before he had edited any chapters.

He does not work for Wuxiaworld, and we don't appreciate our name being used in a message attempting to incite toxicity/brigading.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    SolarPioneer, Butters and DjB1 like this.
  10. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the poor TLor has a stock of chapters ready that they were planning to release but looks like betterdays will be your guy now

11. betterdays

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    I would like to see you say more please, I have clearly sent multiple screenshots in the past to solidify my stance on this matter.

Here are just a couple things you should know :

1 - the money that I sent backwards (refunding) in order to pay both the editor and poster, whilst later not receiving a single paycheck,
    2 - ask lanji what the account "[redacted]" is and
    3 - please post a screenshot from discord that is not clearly edited
    4 - in regards to ww please refer to the only other post I have on NUF clearly stating all I did was pass a test that I was proud of and did enjoy my time there albeit short due to timing across the world
    5 - I did get into translating because of "them" I did not want the novel to get dropped either and was proposed to tl it and that it would not be that difficult. If you look into the past and look for 3 things (this is why I clearly mark my timeline on posts)
    6 - Yes the whole getting scammed post and inciting toxicity was childish of me 100 percent and I can 100 percent apologize for that
    7 - I am over this whole instigation and just need a fucking PR at this point, so if you please stop using an alias "RandomAlex" it would be appreciated (financial manager at Centinni for those of you needing a clarification here)
    8 - If you won't come with the sses, then I will and since I have no inclination on letting you berate me publicly
    9 - there was no mention of "legacy" or "passing down the torch" I simply stated "got me into tling" which is provided in a link below.
    9 - thousands of messages on two different accounts apparently equate to 4 emails for over 6 months

Check the facts and then decide

[Redacted - Transaction record contains name.]
    https://imgur.com/gallery/5kLvAjK
    https://imgur.com/gallery/k8jnK0s (lanji/kitket's deleted account) and more of the siphoned revenue from centinni
    https://imgur.com/gallery/iMKI55T literally the conversation we had about telling me to get into tling

12. the otter lives

the otter lives Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi @betterdays, I know you are angry and want to prove your innocence but keep it civil

13. Vitigirl

Vitigirl Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do feel bad for what happened to you. And i really appreciate that you acknowledged and apologized for inciting toxicity towards centinni. I can understand your anger but please don't cross a line. I know you're angry and want to prove your innocence, but don't repeat what that guy has done to the previous translator. Then what's the difference between you two? So please blur or mosaic the personal details.

As per the previous translator, she never really said she was desperate to translate that novel. If this is really true please apologize to her. Because you did use her name to bring attention to yourself. That's really not pleasant for the person being used.

One last thing please from now on don't say you've been an editor for WW. As per what the staff and you've yourself said, you've only just passed the test but haven't edited anything for them. Being an editor for ww ik does add more credits to your 'resume'here(though no one gives a damn about it lol) but it's kinda deceiving and scummy because you've exactly never worked for them and you are just using them to build a nice image of you here.

I just hope you reflect on this. I wish you luck for all your future endeavors.

14. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Should this be attached to Centinni drama? :blobpopcorn_cool:

15. betterdays

Reading List:
    Link
    100 percent fair, and I did get a discord pm saying it would be good to at least blur the name which I was lazy about. Also do agree with the editing stuff, do appreciate the feedback and it is worth reflecting on.

As per the translating stuff, it would probably be better for you to ask the translator herself for the discord dms since there are some clear wordings in there involved

16. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Locked since OP deleted his original post.

Sutad Aatma likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.