LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    Latest News by the author is that the author has been struck ill metaphorically by the yokai known as 'procrastination'. Author is perfectly healthy physically. All according to the author's blog post.

No new translation, but check out the fandom wikia page and feel free to go back and read the series again from the beginning while updating the wikia site.

2. Prothvar781

Prothvar781 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The body type is more svelte than what we’ve heard Pauvina described as but I lean toward 1:58 segment just cause “Magical Girl with a HAMMER.” Or maybe that’s just what I see Pauvina wanting lol

Eddy andres likes this.
  3. Superioreos

Superioreos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would read a series about a group of onmyoji/exorcists who work for publishing companies and defeat/exorcise the yokai known as procrastination which are possesing the publisher's beloved writers (loyal slaves).

They can even capture the yokai and unleash the curse of procrastination upon their competitors' writers.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  4. Darkaeluz

Darkaeluz 『Whosays25 Onii-chan』, 『He who gave up on Love』

Reading List:
    Link
    A question, is the incest tag real or just a mistype?

5. SupahHamster

SupahHamster 『The One Who Lurks』

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow. I never realized it has that tag. I am up to date in the chapters and there has been nothing of the sort. It was probably a typo trying to write insect.

xd123 and Eddy andres like this.
  6. Prothvar781

Prothvar781 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Or it could be that this is technically a wiki that anyone can edit and someone added it out of their own desire for it to be true. I checked you can add and subtract labels without proof.

7. Magron

Magron Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel has serious topics but i havent seen anything along those lines, but i can see that in the future when Van is older he might marry Zadiris and Basdia, and in a 'real world' setting it would not be strange for the wives to eventually want to pleasure him at the same time, Basdia doesnt seem like the kind of person to think that deeply about relations "well if we both love him why not?"

8. SupahHamster

SupahHamster 『The One Who Lurks』

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda doubt it though. The tag was made when the translation started, so we have probably already caught up to the point the raw was at when the tag was made. I think it is more likely a typo.

9. Zing

Zing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't recall there being any incestual content, except for blood drinking I suppose.

10. zerfo

zerfo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are no incest, Van is just a mothercon

RealSaMu and Eddy andres like this.
  11. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering the ghoul culture at the start, it is likely that some of it occurred in their societies, due to them not knowing who their fathers are.
    Otherwise it is just Van's mother complex...

12. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's because of the way Darcia reacts to Van drinking her blood.

DragonMage18 likes this.
  13. blue skywolf

blue skywolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think Van qualifies as a mother con. He loves his mother as a mother not a potential lover and is highly protective of her since she is the first person to ever show him familial love then was killed and finally brought back to life by Van. She is the only person related to Van by blood and his only family (though he considers everyone in Talloshime to be like family to him) left in this world that he knows of.

14. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Van has on multiple occasions said he is a mothercon, or implied he is one.

Gin_Hindew and Eddy andres like this.
  15. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    who was Jadal's (Basdia's daughter) father again?

16. zerfo

zerfo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Vandalieu is a self-proclaimed monthercon:
    chapter 193: “Mom is free to make her own choice as to whether to take that Job, and it’s up to her whether she wants to use a transformation staff,” Vandalieu replied. “As a severe mother-con, it’s only natural for me to try to provide her with the best equipment possible.”

Paps likes this.
  17. Tarrian

Tarrian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mothercon doesn't necessarily imply incest though, any more than siscon does. It just means that they're devoted to their family member to an unusual degree and would do anything for and to protect them.

Incest is definitely a misplaced tag for this one unless you want to nitpick about the ghouls and their very free lifestyle that may or may not have implied it at some point.

RealSaMu likes this.
  18. blue skywolf

blue skywolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok i just wanted to say he has no romantic feelings towards his mother like a lover would. He just loves her as a child loves their parent.

RealSaMu and Eddy andres like this.
  19. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    It was pointed out right at the start, that when he bound Darcia's spirit to her toe bone he warped her with his Death Charm.

20. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    at that moment Van for a moment understood how eleanore, islands, Bellmond, Mile and basically any vampire who drinks or smells their blood feel
    I think everyone knows, but no one besides Homework gives importance to it, not even the subject, the role of father has been covered by Van, perhaps too well (like half of the things he does) because now there is even less chance of to be separated from him in the future (no matter how uncomfortable it is for Van)
    It must be remembered that Van cannot feel romantic feelings or sexual attraction for anything or anyone yet, perhaps at most he finds several attractive or beautiful things (that his mother is among those things is pure concidence)

Rexy likes this.