Discussion First VN: Fruit of Grisaia

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Ruyue, Jan 30, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I started playing the Fruit of Grisaia, and this is my first Visual novel, well technically anyways.
    I got it because I was looking for a reason to use my switch and the Grisaia trilogy was like 55$, which is a deal, I think.

I've played for 6 hours now and I am pretty addicted. The story is pretty chill. I would say Yumiko is best girl without a doubt. Anyways, hopefully nothing tragic happens...

For those of you who played it, what did you think of the game and what other visual novels should I play after I finish this game?

Svalinn likes this.
  2. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you playing All Ages version or the original version? I just watched the anime as the individual ending routes are non-canon.
    I recommend playing The Devil on the G-String and Sharin no Kuni: The Girl Among the Sunflowers. Both are mystery and drama with some action.

Svalinn likes this.
  3. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The storytelling is amazing, but the storylines are bittersweet.

The second part has afterstories for the first.

Speaking of which, I should play the last title in the series. I heard that one is a combination of all the storylines with a good ending.

I hated Devil on the G-String because there is one true route. If you didn't like that girl, then I'm sad to report that the developers gimped your favored girl's ending. They focused their creative energies on the true route while they hand waved an ending for every other girl.

4. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly it seems to be the All Ages Version which is hella annoying.

5. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Funny, I played for H scenes but stayed for soundtrack and plot. H scenes were subpar or mild in comparison to the hot action and thrill of confronting the Devil. The plot twists were good, too, along with the bad endings. Some kind of vague, to be honest, as it would be in conflict in the true route. I did laugh and shed an invisible tear for that particular scene in the last episode. Not the best, but definitely gave Death Note for a run on its money or even surpasses it.

Svalinn likes this.
  6. Deleted member 110464

Deleted member 110464 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I found it very unrealistic when I read it. Somehow I was putoff by the h scenes and never picked this again.