What would you do if your partner makes horrible food?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ai chan, Jan 19, 2021.

1. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    I would ask her to eat it and tell her what is good about it. If she insists it's good I'd bluntly tell her it isn't and offer for us to cook together. Then we can learn to make our favourite meals together. The top guy is a real sweetheart though.

Ai chan likes this.
  2. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's really bad, tell them but eat it anyway.
    If it's just somewhat bad, suggest maybe not using the same recipe next time.
    If it's just slightly bad, just thank them for cooking and eat.

Jevanka926, imK and Ai chan like this.
  3. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    Would still eat them. Been having stomach ache a few times since I got married but life feels so much better than before.

imK and Ai chan like this.
  4. powwder

powwder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    being all shy and saying it's delicious when it's not is cute when you are first dating but if your married or been together for any amount of time and are serious about each other then nobody has time for that. i would tell her the truth but sugarcoat it (i said be honest not stupid) then try to work something out. offer to do the cooking instead, offer to cook with her and give her tips while she's cooking (only do this is you know how to cook) or some other helpful situation and not something like "we'll get you lessons".

5. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Break up before we even get to marriage. Hypothetically of course. Or at least threaten him into learning to cook simple dishes for himself. Being an unpaid maid to someone for life absolutely terrifies me as an idea, so there's no chance I'd get with a helpless man who can't cook a thing himself (or clean, or use the washing machine, etc). I have lots of lazy days where I don't cook and I'd rather kill than go cook especially for someone else while I'm not in the mood. Luckily, I'm aromantic + asexual and don't need to look for a partner, or else I'd be suffering from trying to compromise. I can be a happy hermit instead. Might get a cat eventually, when I learn to care about something other than myself. Would've preferred a dog, but the cleaning and walking...it's still like being a maid.

6. Magwayen

Magwayen Sedated

Reading List:
    Link
    Commit seppuku because we're both horrible at cooking. :hmm:

On a serious note, it seems fun to learn cooking as bonding time.

7. Naraina

Naraina Step Red Sibling ⭐ | † Trickster

Reading List:
    Link
    If my partner is a good person and loves me a lot then
    I WILL COOK

8. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    man, it would be nice to have a partner to have that problem, that said I'll try to fix the food if it can be fixed, other wise I'm just gonna cook

9. Deleted member 316045

Deleted member 316045 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    We can burn kitchen together :blobmelt::blobowoevil:

10. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    eh, I'm neither aromantic nor asexual but I'm quite a happy hermit myself. I think there are just people who feel lonely more frequently and with more intensity than others. I might get one ping of loneliness a year at most (last time I felt it was a few years back). Hell, I went to college on the other side of my country (west coast USA to east coast), and didn't feel homesick at all.

Also, 100% agree on this : "Might get a cat eventually, when I learn to care about something other than myself. Would've preferred a dog, but the cleaning and walking...it's still like being a maid."

ludagad likes this.
  11. Ekisiel

Ekisiel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try to learn how to cook by myself.

12. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Send a playlist of cooking videos to them

13. kikurie

kikurie Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I first started dating my SO, he thought the way to thicken the sauce in his mac n cheese was to add more water. I was absolutely horrified. I'm not the best, but since moving with him, I'm showing him how to cook more decently. He can't seem to nail the perfect fall apart beef soup yet though.

14. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

There, problem solved.

Luckily we don't live in the old days. Nowadays, you can get a bunch of decent premade frozen food to last ya a lifetime for only $2 or less per meal on sale.