Spoiler The Tragedy of a Villainess 합법적 악역의 사정

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Bobaaaa, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Bobaaaa

Bobaaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    upload_2021-2-4_16-3-39.png
    Summary:
    The social outcast, Seria, had changed.
    Seria Shuteren, the vile woman who had everyone trembling with fear at her feet, was now calm.

Truthfully, the woman had not just changed, she was a completely different person.
    Realizing she had possessed the wicked woman's body in this romance novel, she decided to live on the low, having a hunch about the future.

She would end those dreadful habits of Seria, avoiding her death by decapitation at the hands of Kalis, the sub male lead.

Promo:
    https://mangadex.org/title/61416/the-tragedy-of-a-villainess

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post.

Table of Contents (TOC)
    Summary
    MTL / Actual TL
    NovelUpdates link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-tragedy-of-the-villainess/
    (COMPLETED by RainOfSnow 09/30/22, 204 chapters including side stories!)

Characters

Specific events

Q&A

Others
    • Not sure: Additional info on OG!FL and Callis's marriage? (Post #97)
    • Cute Moments (Post #37)
    Spoiler Notes
    All spoilers found until post #305 on page 16 have been updated here. If there's any mistake, feel free to correct it.

More about Spoiler TOC
    For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
  3. Minezuka

Minezuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Title: The Tragedy of a Villainess
    Alt Title: The Case of the Legal Villain
    Raw: 합법적 악역의 사정

Summary:
    Seria Shuteren, the vile woman who had everyone trembling with fear at her feet, was now calm.

Truthfully, the woman had not just changed, she was a completely different person.
    Realizing she had possessed the wicked woman's body in this romance novel, she decided to live on the low, having a hunch about the future.

She would end those dreadful habits of Seria, avoiding her death by decapitation at the hands of Kalis, the sub male lead.

Manga Link: https://mangadex.org/title/61416/the-tragedy-of-a-villainess
    Raw Novel: https://ridibooks.com/books/4474000001

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    Manhwakrazy, DOHere, aom and 4 others like this.
  4. Aihi8

Aihi8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read 3 free chapters on ridibooks and so far
    The stuff in promo happens in the prologue. Kallis -the sub-male is being kind of sus about Lina (the saint) where he prioritises her over Seria in a way. As in spends time in the gardens, being vary of the dressmaker (that kicked out Lina from watching Seria checking out the dresses, and not coming to breakfast/lunch he was supposed to have with Seria. There's also info about Seria that from my understanding of mtl is also a saint but Lina is considered on different level -since she's from other world. Seria is still treated with respect though. Mc also visits or mentions the frozen lake in which monster is sleeping in. In the original Seria or Lina shenanigans woke it up and it killed a lot of people, including a child whose parents were sentenced to death (they threw a rock on Seria, a noble which is punishable). That's all I have for now. I may be wrong since I'm reading through mtl

5. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    61416.png

Raw title: 합법적 악역의 사정

Mangadex link: https://mangadex.org/title/61416/the-tragedy-of-a-villainess

Description:

minakun and ShiraYuuKii like this.
  6. hollymahayato

hollymahayato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow.. so Seria got betrayed in the second timeline? Thanks!

chubbykitty likes this.
  7. Aihi8

Aihi8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not entirely sure, I only read 3 chapters and I might have misunderstood something.

hollymahayato likes this.
  8. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    I was a bit confused with the synopsis since the comments at Dex kept mentioning subML betrays MC but the one who decapitates MC is the subML? But judging from the promo, seems like MCs injury is on her hip or back.
    Honestly, placing my bets CP/OGML endgame, he has the more... dominant features. Plus, is the one holding MCs hands in the cover. Unless the title or synopsis says otherwise, and since this doesn't seem to be a possible Harem, this is mostly on which guy has the stronger features/presence. Though if both guys tried to harm her regardless of which timeline, even if TL1 from the promo is still villainous Seria (which makes her death semi-justified), these men have caused some level of trauma and she's better off with someone else

Nia2760, Nikibunny, Bella94 and 14 others like this.
  9. Mindy1

Mindy1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What I understand is that in her second life, she lay low and save the sub male lead who has again become her fiancee. She thought she could live well and avoid her bad ending because he seems infatuated with her and will not behade her like in her first life. But somehow, she was injured at the altar in her weedind dress and see the prince panicking and run to her. Right know, I want to know who will she marry and can she avoid her death or is it inevitable? Is she doomed to die at the hand of the SUBML regardless of the path she chose???

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  10. Aihi8

Aihi8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    chapter 4
    So from what I understood Seria went to inspect the state of the lake with a knight name Alliot. Alliot is the head knight of Or!Ml I think. They finished quickly and met with or!male lead Lesherberg or Berg (mtl wasn't very clear about it) Lesherberg checked up on them and threw coat on Seria when she seemed cold. We have more exposition about the kingdom. Apparently the area around the lake is "toxic" and Saints are able to "purify" it or something. Guarding the lake is job of Bergs that's why they have title of Grand Dukes. If I understood correctly the wedding ceremony is going to happen in Berg territory which is apparently a big deal since only The Bergs and Saints (or Sterns mtl Im really unsure if it's mtl of saints) could have wedding in this place. Once they depart Seria maid/knight/assasing joined her. If I understood correctly, knights are supposed to wear special "star armor" that prevents them from being sick from their magic. Saints apparently can also purify them I think. That's all that I could understand, mtl korean is even worse than mtl Japanese

11. Aihi8

Aihi8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hopefully Ridibooks would give 1 chapter free a day, since it's really interesting so far.

12. starryriverbank

starryriverbank Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

13. Zayleigh

Zayleigh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So is the OG Heroine a fake or what. And what's up with the Sub Male lead. The promo messed with my brain

BrytteM, Mikaa, RuLiLa and 3 others like this.
  14. Mindy1

Mindy1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I was able to read until chapter 11. I couldn't wait so I bought the chapter on ridibook. And I don't regret it! And OMG even with Google stranslate, the story is really good so far.
    so Seria receive the lest name stern when at 15 she awakened her divine power. STERN is a common last name given to people (mostly women but I'm not sure) who are born on winter Wednesday and with a birthmark in the shape of a star that will appear on their 15th birthday when the Divine power awekens. STERN are rare so they're valued and given privileges as they help the country against monsters. So our Seria as divine power. She will use that divine power to heal Callis/fiancee arm.
    When she transmihrated into the novel a year ago, she only strive to survive and avoid being cut up by Callis. So she heal his arm in this time line the same way as the previous saint in the precedent time line. She knows thats how the SubML will fall in love with the saint. And the same way as Seria heald him, he falls in love with her and will propose to her. MC agreed to become his fiancee and thought that since they had both a miserable ending in the novel, they were well-matched and she liked him. So OG:MC has a really bad reputation as she mistreat people and indulge in luxury (mc took some time to pay her debt when she arrive in this world), she a party maniac/a socialite pour les connaisseurs. She know she will took some time to rebuild her reputation as it is really worst. But right know people's view are starting to change slowly. She's now reasonable, she takes her duty as a Stern seriously and she's more aimable. And in order to survive, she has learnt how to read people expression and to adapt quickly

In the first time lime, he will apparently commit suicide because the FL/saint didn't choose to marry him but the Duke instead (the one with silver hair). He will be appointed as a gardian of the Saint but he will take his job to much to heart, letting people wonder if his fiancee is really MC and not the Saint. For example, Seria was going to try her wedding dress and the saint invite herself at the dress fitting without MC consent because she want to see the weeding dress of this world. But the designer shased her out and she of course she goes complaining to SubML. He will later go to MC (ans you expect) and try to make her dump the dress she made and chose a new designer... Or another one: Seria caught a cold but he seems to didn't care. Or the fact that Callis and Lina (the Saint) call each other by name when MC said that it took her almost several month to have his permission to call him Callis...and some other action that wil irks you. According to him, she has no one in this world so that's why he is so devoted to her . He's the kind of guy who doesn't see anything wrong with action and keeps repeating to MC that he only love her (*eyes rolled*) But on the day of their weeding he didn't show up

it is your typical naive heroine, who appeared in this world one day out of nowhere. She has black hair and ivory skin. She is knew to this world and didn't know the custom and manner so she will make many mistake but didn't bother to learn and listen to people's warning. Even thought she makes blunder, she is forgiven especially by *try to guess* the suBML/fiancee. Every time he will make excuse for her. She makes so many mistake that the Duke (the silver head) don't want her to stay in the north anymore and want to send her away because he is tired to clean after her. Oh! A it came to light that she is also a stern and I think she is envious of MC saying "she really has it all"

I think he is definetly the ML. He is called Lesche BERG. So he comes from a family who protects the North and guard the frozen lake where monster are sealed. He has a stern and cold personality. He has silver hair and blood red eyes. He didn't like MC at first. STERN has the duty to purify the land and so every year MC has the duty to go to the north to purify. But every time she went Og:MC throws tantrum, act like a mighty princess and yelled at the servant. So she didn't have a good reputation there. The Duke never meet OG:MC so he judged MC on her past. And right know he become curious with her and keeps wondering what happened to her to change her so much. He wonders if it is her love for Callis who changed her like that. He is a man who value and take pride to do his duty. So as he sees MC going to purify the lake every day without exceptions (even when she just recovered from her cold) his appreciation of her gets better. He keeps wanting to talk to her but as he is cold and don't know how to talk "normally" she gets the wrong idea and takes everything he say as a warning (she kinda afraid of him at first). He is the one who scold her fiancee for being to close to the saint and that he has a fiancee. He is the one who try to confort her and say that her fiancee his really lucky to have her. At some point he told her that he hopes she stays in the north and never leave. But she took it as "he want some free labor" (because with a stern around to purify the lake, they can reduce the man power patrolling from 30 to 1, so a stern is a really valuable asset to the North)

So the scene when MC collapsed in a wedding dress in the Promo comes from here. As explained, a STERN wedding is very special. You cannot delay it or be late. And not anybody can become a stern husband. So there is some condition to follow. The stern wedding can only take place in some chosen place. And for MC and Callis wedding, it was the North. The north is cold and remote. So keep in mind there are step and condition to follow and they cannot be late. But but, the groom didn't show up...
    Because he sneaked at night with the saint and they were caught by a blizzard. So he couldn't come back 2 days before the weeding. The Duke organize a search party and muttering to himself how irresponsible the fiancee is. Because everybody knows that a stern wedding is a matter of life and death and even so Callis because he has pledge to be MC's husband and it his a vow he cannot break.

So on the day of the weedind, MC receive a report from the Duke saying that she has to dress up and wait at the altar like everything is fine. So MC don't understand but comply and wait and stand before the priest alone. People have heard the rumor. Everybody now know that the groom is missing because he sneak out at night with the saint. There is a timer and time keeps running out. It indicates the time for the weeding ceremony. She keeps getting nervous and pleople too. And suddenly, her white dress become stained with blood.

As time running out, if she doesn't marry, she will die and the groom too will die. She keeps wondering why it's happening to her as she's been good and didn't hurt anyome and blame her fate as a villain.

She is bleeding because her power is out of control and as she keeps bleeding, she fell on the ground but nobody is allowed to touch her as it'll only aggravate her case due to her power going astray. It was then when the Duke arrive and call her name. To the last moment she hope Callis would come but it wasn't him

I did not post any detail but keep free to ask.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  15. Tt123

Tt123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much!! May i ask is SubML and the saint having an affair or did he had a feeling for the saint? Cause from the way he make her his first priority kinda seem like he fall for her

16. Svitlanak

Svitlanak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for your hard work :aww::blobbunny::blobbunny::blob_plusone:

Twiggysan and Mindy1 like this.