Spoiler The Tragedy of a Villainess 합법적 악역의 사정

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Bobaaaa, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, just what IS MCs noble title before marriage? I know its still a patriarchal society in that era but its honestly so painful to read how SubML is... an entirely different level of trash. MC saves him, I can at least understand not forcing someone to love you even if said person saved you but... that level of justifying his actions plus the obvious violence was just painful to read.

As for Lina... I'm confused. Lina is a WRITTEN character whose written bg is that she's a transmigrator herself

2. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    As mentioned by the spoiler giver above, series is still short and ongoing

3. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    She's a stern so that in itself gave her all her luxuries in life even after she left her family. Her father is a marquis (corrected), but her mother is a commoner actress. When her fiance asked for her hand in marriage, he did went to the father for permission while ML didn't since it was a rushed marriage. As for MC saving him... well she was also the reason why his arm was like that in the first place. The og Seria poisoned him and that left his arm in rotting state so when she took over the body, she healed him to ask for forgiveness but he fell for her instead.

Lina is a transmigrator so she does return back to her original world. The difference between her and MC is that MC transmigrate into another body while Lina kept her original body. She fell from the sky. Lina does have some inkling that MC might not be og Seria since Callis eavesdropped a conversation between MC and ML and told Lina. But no one knew for certain since MC didn't confess straight up. She just hinted towards it when ML asked if she's really Seria. But in the end ML chose to believe she changed for love.

Actually MC mentioned in og story there was a time Lina will return back to her world for a year and Seria will be labelled as a murderer since they couldn't find Lina during that time.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  4. Spoiling Queen

Spoiling Queen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do hope that both of them get their Karama and MC, the Duke a wonderful, blissful ending.

5. AnnHime

AnnHime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers! :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:

If possible, please :blobhug:,could you answer a few questions?
    After MC married ML, and there was the incident that Callis hurt MC's arm and ML appeared, what was the saint's reaction, what was the saint's reaction to ML's appearance? What did she say when she heard that MC married ML?
    Does ML know about the saint's obsession with MC?
    Could you tell any moment of jealousy about Callis from MC? Yes ... I want to see him suffer :blobpopcorn_cool:

YanJun, Minaeli, Mikaa and 6 others like this.
  6. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    Callis is mainly jealous when he finds out that MC is in the room alone with ML or when she talk to him. Around the later chapters, this was when MC started calling ML by his name and Callis heard and got upset. He can see they got closer. He also spotted ML's changes since now when ML looks at MC it's much softer.

ML doesn't know much of the saint's obsession with MC but he doesn't like Lina, not does he like Callis. He can tell they both treated MC rudely so originally he didn't want to save them when he overheard there's a group getting attacked around his area. But in the end they ended up all working together to defeat the demons. They got split into groups though.

When Callis hurt MC's arm, Lina originally wasn't even there. Lina only showed up to try to talk her way into making herself seem innocent. Callis had kept waiting in front of her door to talk to MC for days but MC tried to not bump into him and even tried to go out through the window, but eventually the knight keeping watch outside told her she can't go out through the window since it's cold and not safe. She bumped into him and he had grabbed her arm and broke it. And he didn't even know until ML came and told him to release his wife's arm and had a priest heal her arm. As for when Lina even showed up, Callis was more focused on her hurt feet, than MC's broken arm. He didn't even notice MC was very injured just as much as Lina. Lina had been scared of ML the whole time until that ball. After that she just keep getting bits and pieces of more reason to want to marry ML. First his title, then the necklace. She did see him alone one time and accidentally cut his arm with her powers while she kept looking at him and ML wondered why she tried to attack him. Lina kept saying it was accident.

7. Spoiling Queen

Spoiling Queen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to congratulate this sub-male lead, cause he is first ever sub-male lead that I have hated and now he has got the second rank in my list of hated characters after trashta.:blobparty::blobparty:
    After reading more about the sub-male lead I wanna say, W-O-W sub-male lead you are so trashy.
    As for the heroine, she's got some guts but she ain't on my list cause she's kinda typical transmitted story wench.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  8. Mindy1

Mindy1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

It is said later that MC was originally the daughter of Western Marquis Kellydon. Her mother was a commoner and her family didn't care about her. When she awakens her divine power at 15 and took on the last name of STERN, she was given a mansion and an allowance from the Temple but she lived above her means, accumulating many debt that MC had to pay-off.

She indulges in luxuries and dresses and it said that she bought new dresses every week and didn't wear the same dress twice. As she is pretty she received also many gift from men trying to court her. But MC said that it wasn't very valuable as she didn't get much when she try to pawn them to pay the debt.

But every time she go to the North during winter to purify, everything (housing and meals and commodities) are provided to her. The Duke take really great care to offer premium service to make the Stern stay and do the actual work. As the stern have special status or is it the North status( I don't really understand that part), the Duke cannot force them to work if they don't want to.

So that's why the Duke was really "happy" (in his own way) seeing MC so dedicated to the purification

9. Azure_1802

Azure_1802 Procastination Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh fvck it. That bastard fiance marquis needs some kind of punishments so that he would realize his faults and regret deeply later.
    And that Lina woman, she may not know the customs and traditions of that strange world, it's understandable, but it's common sense that one should not approach others who have marriage engagements. I guess she's just a burikko after all.

10. carrotl.ry

carrotl.ry Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will the MC die again? I hope she just marry the Duke if things are going that way :(( and the fiancee is a jerk. I hope he and the saint just get stuck in the blizzard and not come back anymore hmph

11. Aihi8

Aihi8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had the feeling that secondml is going to prioritise Lina but I had hoped he would "wake up" >_> At least Leshe sounds alright which makes me wonder whether he actually married Lina in the original or not.

YanJun, Alniyat, Mikaa and 6 others like this.
  12. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    thx for all the spoilers above :aww:
    I read in pickup request that someone picked this novel up :aww:

yana5656 likes this.
  13. Lovina

Lovina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously they accused her of murder without any proof . Ok there are good reason to souspon her but they should have make an investigation (did someone try do it or they just accuse her without proof ?) . She make an easy scapegoat.

14. ArguingApples

ArguingApples Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This a major WTF moment for you subML. You deserve to be a fucking subML! I feel so bad. FUCK YOU to the moon and back.
    This is just my opinion but I think that what's worse than a blatant playboy is a person who is TOO KIND. He gets too close and personal with other women. Telling his legitimate lover that it's okay, we're just friends, I'm just nice. Fuck you bruh

15. Mindy1

Mindy1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sooooo we learnt that it was Og:MC who poisonned Callis.
    We see the story in the point of view of Callis himself.
    A little background story of Og Seria: she was ruthless. She didn't let any offense pass and would retaliate double. Thats why and with such personality, she was labeled a villain.

OG:MC grew up neglected by her father family. Her mother has died (i don't remember when) and as she was a commoner, Seria didn't have a good position in the Marquisate. She grew up without love and care and would compensate the lack of love in buying luxuries. They say she even competed with the Emperor over a blue gem and the Marquis had to sell an island to give it to her.

And on her 15th, she went to live alone as in the stern manor. And since then, she will attend every ball and parties hold in the Western land.

So that when Callis learn about her. She was notorious in ruining ladies dresses and in face slapping. LoL
    So their first encounter was when Callis stopped her from trying to slap a lady. As a revenge from blocking her way, she poisonned him. It was a non lethal poison that made his limb stiff for some time. And since she was still a marquis daughter and a Stern, he couldn't send her to trial so he let it go. But one time, his nanny gave him a soup with an ingredient that cannot be mix with the poison Seria gave him. And the effect was devastating. His limb began to hurt and his right arm start festering. He loved his nanny like his mother so he kept the worsening secret and sought healer.

But the case was severe and they all told him to be ready to loose his arm. And that's when MC shows up. She came to him to propose to help heal his arm. He was surprised at first because it was a secret that his arm was festering and there is no way she could hear about it.

But has he was desperate and began to accept that his arm is lost anyway, he consent. At that time, he notice the change in her eye which isn't as cold as before and comment in his head how beautiful she was.
    As his vassals keep pressuring him to get married, he later propose to MC. And she accepts.

16. kaila83

kaila83 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks to Mindy1's explanation the promo now makes more sense :LOL:

17. talexus93

talexus93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Callis is acting like StupidShit from RE. I’m shocked, because I always fall for the second male lead. I feel so bad for MC.
    Also, I’m curious. It was stated in one of the spoilers that Lina asks MC if she will return the necklace the Duke gifts her when they divorce. Now I know that Lina wants the necklace, but why is she so sure that she will marry the Duke and get the necklace herself? Does Lina know about the novel too? Or was she just being excessively greedy and thinks she can have any man she wants?