LCD Orc Eiyuu Monogatari Sontaku Retsuden

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by venu101, Dec 22, 2020.

1. venu101

venu101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    BAD MACHINE likes this.
  2. BAD MACHINE

BAD MACHINE Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for making an LCD thread for my project!
    Released chapter 4 part 3 on Foxaholic just now, which includes a tiny little bit of creative liberties.

I've been having a heck of a fun time translating this novel, and I hope all the readers are too.

Thanks for reading!

Starfighter, Arbalest and VawX like this.
  3. rei_hunter

rei_hunter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh, not sure if i wanna read this.
    I heard its pretty great on the comedy...
    but its by Mushuko Tensei author.... *sigh*

4. Aean

Aean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That guy had the ability to turn a cringy premise into a good story.

Also its illustrated by Asanagi. No wonder the girls look deli- I mean good. If it becomes popular enough even getting the anime, I hope he makes a h doujin of this his usual tropes.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    elengee likes this.
  5. BAD MACHINE

Reading List:
    Link
    I can guarantee that's it's not nearly as cringe inducing as Mushoku Tensei.
    Well, it is cringe inducing, but in a positive, well executed manner.
    Not the "I've got too many fucking wives AHHHH" manner.

rei_hunter likes this.
  6. rei_hunter

rei_hunter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hum.
    I'll take a gander at it once its past 50 translated chapters. :(

7. BAD MACHINE

Reading List:
    Link
    Raws have 4 volumes with around 10 chapters each right now. Literally 41 chapters available.
    TLs are already halfway through volume one. Just go give it a try.

8. BAD MACHINE

Reading List:
    Link
    Slapping a bump on this since I've made it to the final chapter of volume 1.
    Perfect place for any new prospective readers to jump in! Come on and join the fun as our favorite Orc tries to lose his virginity!

9. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man's never gonna get a wife for the sake of the series.

10. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    I will give a try, but considering that it is by the author of Mushoku Tensei...

11. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh shit, that just killed all interest I had in the novel. Let me know if it turns out better than Mushoku(Not like it’d be hard).

12. Schwarze_Kreuz

Schwarze_Kreuz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not that I'm comparing this to great classical stories, but in the Odyssey, Odysseus goal was to return home. My professor always pointed out that it was a paradox (irony? contradiction? I forgot the actual word he used) that the story actually continued after Odysseus reached Ithaca. I mention this because it's sort of become my expectation for the story to end when the actual quest is realized.

Now, we have Bash on his own hero's quest to find a bride. Narratively speaking, it would never have made sense for him to end up with Judith. If he had, I would've expected the story to end right there (and on a rather cliche and dull note at that). But I'm just wondering how long the author can play with this "find candidate, mess up, repeat" trope before it starts dragging on.

13. BAD MACHINE

Reading List:
    Link
    Heya! Thought this would be a good a time as any to give this thread a bump, as we're getting to the spicy part of volume 2!

Bash is finally getting into the thick of meeting the Elves, and this is some good shit. For us. The readers.
    For Bash? Eh, not so much.

14. BAD MACHINE

Reading List:
    Link
    Another bump.
    We've reached the conclusion of volume two! Great place to jump into the story if you haven't already!

icerror likes this.
  15. icerror

icerror Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IDK how good this is, but orc Guts? Sold.

BAD MACHINE likes this.
  16. Raubtier

Raubtier Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LMAO, dunno what some people have against Mushoku Tensei. I mean if it was some kinda food I'd say it's edible and one of the reasons I started reading it. But this is Orc Eiyuu Monogatari's thread tho, the author has put some great effort into world building. I came for the mouth watering art but stayed because of the plot.

icerror and BAD MACHINE like this.
  17. icerror

icerror Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, despite the troupe, the story took itself seriously and was well-written.

By the by, you are going to compile all the artworks, no? No promise of more traffic, though, if you do...
    P/s: Just nitpicking, but the spellcheck could use a touchup. Keep up the good work, bud.

BAD MACHINE likes this.
  18. BAD MACHINE

Reading List:
    Link
    Compile the LN artwork? Not sure why that'd be necessary, seeing as the illustrations are placed where they're narratively supposed to be, but I suppose I could.

And yeah, I catch my mistakes pretty often re-reading my releases a couple of days later. When you spend several hours reading the same text over and over again while translating it all just becomes one big blur. Don't hesitate to point out my typos in the chapter's comment section or in the Foxaholic Discord, I go over them pretty often!

lohwengk likes this.
  19. Cellan

Cellan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoiler on who potential heroine/wife for Bash could be? I like Judith tbh, is there any chance for her as of latest raws? :eek:

20. Aean

Aean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    These are the list of possible Heroines that I remember
    Judith - Human Knight
    Sonia - Elven Heroine
    Primeria - Half Human Dwarf (Declared a dwarven style proposal of being his personal blacksmith which means she would be devoting her whole life with him after he showed her how she is still lacking in skill and also helped her develop a better personality)
    Silvia - Nekomimi/Beast Woman - (Used to hate his guts due to killing her favorite uncle. Was shown that he is honorable and that his uncle's death is an unfortunate result of war and she was able to see Bash's similarities with his uncle. Also the thing that allowed her to change her mind and transform her hate to love is when she was betrayed due to being an idiot and letting an enemy get a mcguffin that her race is taking care of)
    Curly - Succubus Queen (wip)
    Asmodia - Demon Princess (wip)

These are the possible heroines from the antagonist faction and all respect Bash
    Carrot - Succubus General (Respects Bash's strength. Tried to team up with Bash to resurrect the Demon King but was declined by Bash himself due to his unwavering will and honor. Bash and her got into meetups and clashes but he maintains a cordial relationship with her while she absolutely admires him and wants him to be her partner someday.)
    Paprika - Demon Witch (wip)
    Nameless Woman - Strong Warrior (Was able to survive Bash due to being a woman and also being skilled. Got proposed by Bash but declined. Then she got a near to death battle with Bash again and this time proposed Bash to team up but Bash went with his current companions out of Honor. Hinted to be Nazar's sister, the Human Princess)