Discussion How realistic is the Economy of Past Life Returner?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Grand_Rider_Iskandar, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Grand_Rider_Iskandar

Grand_Rider_Iskandar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what the entire novel is about so far.

Drake98 likes this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure, mate, but the author def. sounds like he has researched or knows his stuff, or at the very least, makes a convincing job of pretending to know. At any rate, the finance and stocks were the best bits of the story and I wished it had stayed that way instead of devolving into your typical dungeon crawlin' fantasy stuff. :sushi_sigh:

Drake98 likes this.
  3. amaliajun

amaliajun [Gloomy White Cat]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know any economy... So just hoping an economy major see this thread...

4. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhhh, you hoping any stonks from the novel??

5. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I dropped the manhwa solely because of how much it kept on popping up dem stocks, similar to the times when I dropped a KR novel because too much golf. If I want golf, I will go play PangYa! and not read the story.

Also, I kind of hate stocks because I am a shitty in catching trends, not referring to the Gamestop shitstorm.

6. Hamski

Hamski Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s actually quite easy you see. Head over to WSB and read the latest news, then do the OPPOSITE of what they recommend. You will get the trend right with 60%+ probability. It’s really great that we have such great helpers nowadays

0000000 likes this.
  7. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel the opposite, to be honest. Not because the finance and business is bad, but because it completely breaks the momentum of the prologue training arc and feels extremely out of place compared to what the author "promises" with the premise... Again, it's not the wrong thing to do, it's just a completely different story from what you'd expect coming into it. And with the guarantee that the story will be different again after the dungeons pop up.

It might have been interesting though if he started with the whole finance and stock bit as a premise and planned on "investing" in various good people who could become strong in the future, created a company that would do well in the future after the dungeons showed up, and focused on managing that throughout.

otaku31 likes this.