Spoiler The Villainess Who Traveled Back in Time Inexplicably Lost Her Magic, So She Went into Seclusion

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Mikaa, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    61466.jpg 3ry1j5tw9q6q15u8hvuzbu4j84bc_a57_go_oo_5qop.jpg

Alt title: Somehow, The Villainess Who Regressed in Time Lost Her Magic Power, so She Turned into a Secluded Maiden
    Raw title: 逆行した悪役令嬢は、なぜか魔力を失ったので深窓の令嬢になります

Novel updates link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series...c-power-so-she-turned-into-a-secluded-maiden/
    Mangadex link: https://mangadex.org/title/61466/th...bly-lost-her-magic-so-she-went-into-seclusion

Raw manga link: https://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_FL00202097010000_68/

Description:
    Rachel was chosen as the Crown Prince’s fiancée solely by virtue of the immense magical powers she possessed. Thus, when the Saint appeared, she feared that her most coveted position would get snatched away from her.

Spurred by jealousy, Rachel committed evil deeds against the Saint, resulting in her engagement getting annulled. As further punishment, she was sent away to a monastery, but her carriage was attacked by bandits en route. Just when she thought that death was imminent, she woke up with a start... only to find herself three years in the past — with almost all of her magic gone, and her body so frail and weak that she could barely even leave her bed!

Determined to prevent fate from repeating itself, Rachel resolved to take full advantage of this second chance and call off her engagement pronto. But for some reason, the Crown Prince keeps refusing to break things off with her—?!

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. DIJ28

DIJ28 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. kirakv

kirakv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read a couple of chapters of the novel so as far as I know:
    The prince doesn´t want to break the engagement at first because he found her interesting without magic powers, is actually the first time someone has lost their magic so it's interesting for him, also he found her change of attitute interesting and intriguing, he was expecting that she will be angry and complaining about her magic lost, so seeing her so calm was a surprise for him.
    Latter he goes under some character develepment and he actually starts to worry about her as a person.
    I want to know if the Saint is a reincarnator as well or of she is from another world or something like that, because the first chapters make it sound like she knew what was supposed to happen originally, so maybe she is really evil now.
    Obviously the prince is the ML but before everyone starts complaining you have to understand that he wasn't evil to her in the past, he was pretty decent, he didn't cheated on her and the reason why he broke the engagement was because she was bullying the Saint and that could mean the ruin of the kingdom. Also it wasn't his fault that she died, she was killed by bandits on her way to the temple, when she was already having a change of heart and realized her behavior was bad

ghiel25, charisa, Elisee and 69 others like this.
  5. akera93

akera93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if someone knows whether she regains her magic or not please do spoil me. I don't like stories with frail weak MCs so I will drop this if it's just a story about retribution. I want her to atone for what she did but she also needs to move on and have a life of her own. If she is going to be stuck as the damsel in distress....it's a big NO from me

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  6. BooBoo

BooBoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:
    thank you for the spoilers :aww:
    it’s very suspicious that she was killed by bandits on her way to the temple, I am thinking that maybe the saint had something to do with this, maybe she was evil in 1st timeline as well :hmm:

8. sharl

sharl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried to MTL this, and this is what I could understand.

The Saint from the first timeline and the second timeline are basically different people. It was mentioned that the saint in the first timeline had a personality that suited a saint, but not the one in the second timeline. When Rachel went back in time, a soul transmigrated into the saint's body... it's the usual thing, she was hit by a vehicle, transmigrated without the saint's memory and recognised it's a game world she was playing before.
    The difference between this one and the ones you usually read in other stories, this particular soul REALLY wanted to go back home, and she thought if she completed the game she'd be able to return. She desperately tried to force the events, including trying to get close to the Prince and getting into a wedding end with him... but she never did anything malicious. When the events didn't happen she didn't lash out, she tried to observe and figure out _why_, but never antagonised Rachel. She just... kinda stood in the corner wondering why nothing was happening as it should.
    In the chapter I'm up to, she confessed to Rachel about her previous memory, and she was desperate as the memory from her previous life was starting to fade away. She couldn't even recall what her surname was in her previous life or how her parents looked like, but memories belonging to the actual saint (childhood memories etc) was beginning to surface replacing the ones she lost. She broke down, but beginning to accept that this might be her life going forward.

Pest-chan, Sonu, charisa and 79 others like this.
  9. nixp

nixp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:
    more spoiler please:cookie:

10. Nightingale4444

Nightingale4444 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers!

YES. This is good stuff right here. It’s been so long since I’ve seen an antagonist with actual complex motivations in this genre. Or at the very least a realistic approach to reaching her goals instead of the delusions many ‘heroines’ go through when going up against the MC. The mechanism of her regaining her new memories is also very interesting, because it raises the question of what constitutes a person. As she begins to lose more and more memories of her past life and they get replaced with those of the saintess, could it be said that she as a person is dying? Is her soul getting forcibly remodeled to that of the saintess? Is this done by some sort of corrective force in the game?

It sounds really interesting to me.

Also, do we get a moment where the prince actually acknowledges that pestering someone because they’re ‘interesting’ to you is a serious insult against their dignity as a human being? Because earlier spoilers said that he begins to grow past his attitude of sticking around MC because she’s ‘interesting’ and regards her as a person eventually.

11. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. sharl

sharl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With regards to the saint, I'm not sure if she can be classified as an antagonist. In the first arc she wasn't there at all since Rachel went back to her family territory, in the second arc at school she felt more like a background character.

With regards to the prince... I was reading MTL, so I lost a lot of context and nuances which would affect my opinion, but I didn't find the prince to be annoying or off-putting. ...it's also entirely possible I've read too many domineering/possessive MLs that in comparison, the ML in this story felt harmless. He slowly started to grow fond of her, thinking about little things such as what he could do to see her smile. So in that aspect he grew to be a better ML in terms of his treatment of her. The prince's aide commented that the prince had grown more as a 'human' after he started falling for Rachel - before this the prince was somewhat ruled by logic and never let his emotion affect his decisions.

When it was time for Rachel's debut, as per tradition the prince sent her a dress to wear to the debut. Rachel noted that the dress was different from the one in her previous life. In the previous life the prince probably just picked a popular dress from a designer to send to her. But in this life, when the designer showed the prince the popular dresses, he felt that none of them could do justice for Rachel's beauty... so he designed the dress himself, which Rachel eventually found out (even though he wanted it to be kept a secret).

Another reason she was desperate to go back... was her childhood friend she had a crush on, Makoto-kun. She grew up with a neighbouring kid (a few years older) and told him one day she'd be his bride. If my understanding of the MTL is correct, her family ran a bakery/sweets shop, and this neighbour used to make sweets/desserts for her. On the day of the accident they were on their way walking home and they'd just split up, her last memory before she was hit was seeing Makoto-kun turning around to look at her, his look turning to shock, and he started running towards her. The saint thought, if she really died in that world, Makoto-kun would blame himself, so she was desperate to go back to reassure him. When she was telling Rachel about how her memory of her previous life was starting to disappear she also said, as long as she could remember at least just Makoto-kun, she'd be able to persevere in her current life.

The next time the saint/Anna visited Rachel and they had tea, Rachel noted that her demeanour is very similar to the saint she remembered in her previous life, so Rachel cautiously tried to bring up Makoto-kun's name... only for Anna to ask back who's Makoto-kun. Rachel was left saddened by this, thinking that apart from her, no one else would know or remember that a girl named "Kyou" once existed in the body of Anna.

Makoto-kun had also transmigrated... as Samuel. Different from Kyou who woke up as "Anna" without any of Anna's memories, Samuel was born with Makoto-kun's memories from the start so unlike Kyou/Anna he had no issue with his identity. When Anna ate a dessert he made her memories as Kyou came back and she recognised him, so there's a happy end there for the saint at least.
    Amusing was how Anna requested to Rachel... that once she finished her saint's training she wanted to come to Rachel's house to work as a maid so she could be with Samuel/Makoto-kun.

13. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just not a Japanese novel if someone horribly overqualified doesn't wind up as a maid, butler, valet.

I can just see the punchlines for this in the kingdom

" I have no idea who she is but the Saint is her maid"

14. Glass Shard

Glass Shard 【Fʅσσϝ Hυɳƚҽɾ】【Cαƚ Lσʋҽɾ】【⚓️】

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:
    This story has a nice twist given that the saint in the 2 timelines are different people
    Do you guys think the saint can go back to her original world?

bleedingliar24 likes this.
  15. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    Does she get her magic back?

bleedingliar24 likes this.
  16. Nuzlocke

Nuzlocke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, that's fucked up lol

Fostofina, bleedingliar24 and samster like this.
  17. fiminkio

fiminkio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhh this story sounds really good bcs there are no annoying & frustating characters like other novel when the man cheated or annoying woman who manipulated anyone. This is more like development character

18. hjnffnjh

hjnffnjh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read the translated chapters, and the crown prince is similar to Prince Cecil of Jishou Akuyaku in terms of how they find people interesting.

raziel010 and nixp like this.
  19. kirakv

kirakv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well as far as I know and it's not much, she gets a contract with a deal spirit (that is actually am unknown kind of spirit and she is the first contract in the history) and with his help she can get some magic back a little bit only, I don't know if in the future she might get more magic

charisa, Elisee, its0k and 29 others like this.
  20. Deleted member 321603

Deleted member 321603 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for spoilerss

bleedingliar24 and Muskaan2004 like this.