Spoiler When I Quit Being A Wicked Mother-in-law, Everyone Became Obsessed With Me

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by theilikepie, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    Ani family is Marquiss of Saxony, maybe it was political one because Ani isn't really depicted to even give a shit about duke himself. She just does her bare min as wife/mother and lives her own life like she did pre-marriage. And Ani personality was same since very start so duke kinda knew he was sleeping with the crazy, so can't blame her afterwards.

She is extremely apathetic about anyone below her status, not hate or dislike just pretending they don't exist.

This is prolly why she was taken advantage of in the first timeline, since if she actually bothered she could destroy the Mag and Co. with just her marquis family much less use duchess status.

2. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    Chap 12 Summary
    - Duke asks about elliot and butler tells he is sleeping
    - He asks butler to send a coffee to his office, he has work and then internally contemplates whether to greet ani or not and swallowed his throat before shaking his head.
    - He thinks Ani is prolly sleeping in soft warm bed with attitude of Im the most important woman in world, so he is sure that she is taking care of her well.
    - Butler rushes in and tells Ani brought lily to house
    - Duke is shocked and about to get mad thinking she bought lily here so she can bully her around now?
    - Butler hurried up to explain according to duchess , Lily was being mistreated and had to work like a maid and thats why she bought her.
    - She bought her dresses, dressed her enatly, had lunch and is ... now sleeping with her.
    - Duke shocked and reasks about Lily being a maid? Butler affirms. He thinks , He made sure MAG periodically check on wellbeing of Lily so what is up now?
    - The duty should have been left to Ani, but she wasn't interested in Lily at all, Her attitude was Should we let a low-ranking girl into the family?, so it was a good thing if she didnt run wild already. So he left to MAG, the head maid.
    - Lady Lily is doing very well, was the response he received from Mag every time.
    - Butler says, Mag and Madam testimony is very diff so they should be able to tell him the truth, but duke says to keep silent and invest in secret.
    - Butler says he wants it secretly so he doesn't have to ask mag and duchess directly?
    - Duke thinks if he had to choose bw ani and mag, he would rather trust his head maid.. (yikes)
    - He thinks ani was too lazy to be even near her son and this behavior was first of its kind.
    - Butler says.. "She is Valois Mistress".
    - Duke sombers up with it and agrees in mind that Duchess should be respected in accordance with her position , No matter how sus she seemed, he could not appear to be sus of her without establishing clear facts.
    - Duke says It wont be too late to make judgements once its all clear and butler replies with yes.
    - Then his voice suddenly sinks saying how dare the Baron family act like it, He thought they were good people that is why left his precious friend only daughter to them till she grew up. But she was living a miserable life it seems.
    - He asks butler did he keep up with news of Baron Orphanage and stuff of it, Bulter couldnt reply instantly.
    - Alexei eyes were bitter, and he said I'm sorry, Mag was saying everything was okay so he did not bother more. He trusted ? her too much and reflected on himself.
    - Monologue continues that there was a reason he couldn't pay attention to Lily, due to his massive work but that was not an excuse, he should have atleast let butler check on her instead leaving it in hands of Mag/Baron.
    - Butler couldn't be blamed as he was busy himself, but it was true that I trusted them too much.
    - He takes deep breath and asks how much funds they gave to baron to raise Liliana? Butler replies 1000 Gold?, to which duke thinks that amount is enough for a common family to live for an year and they treated her like maid with it?
    - He spoke in cold voice, do not let any property of Abert be taken by barons , that it will all belong to Lily alone when she is adult with cold glint. Butler responds with yes.
    - He further says, contact tax department and tell them to run a tax audit on School and hospital run by baron, Butler eyes got bigger but duke was determined.
    - Butler asks, lets go to the office? Duke says no, He will go after 30 min. I want to see their sleeping faces.
    - Duke silently sneaks into room, Moonlight shines from the curtains and sees eli sleeping, His atmosphere is like Alexei but he looks completely like ani. Dense features, Purple Eyes, Graceful neck.
    - He tidies his scattered hair over his forehead.
    - Duke lost in thought about when he first met ani, he went speechless. Lady of Famed Marquis of Saxony, She was a noble, elegant and elegant lady. He believed despite it being a political marraige, they could have a happy marriage.
    - It may not be fiery coalition but he had faith in other person and believed that with Trust, it would lead to stable marriage.
    - But that belief was reduced to ashes since he came to know how ani was, that it was the worst idea.
    - he shakes his head only to see Eli bright violet eyes were wide open staring at him in the eyes and he thought he did exactly look like Aniriche..

NubeBlack, komo komo, DOHere and 56 others like this.
  3. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    So the speculation about Political marriage was correct indeed.

Big summary because first duke POV chap, I was initially worried and went yikes when he was shown to choose to Trust Mag over words of his wife and the duchess, But atleast not a complete lost cause as after butler reminder he decided to pay enough consideration to her words and took pre-emptive action on Baron family and re-evaluate his blind trust and his own decisions so far, which is an improvement some ML's dont get over whole series much less next para.
    His PoV about ani was fairly fun too.

Our boi was a simp for ani, but she destroyed him so hard he turned an Anti, now he gonna be her simp again :bloblol:

As for butler surprised, I guess butler and head maid relation meant something else that I what I could make of from it, Because he absolutely took Ani side in this matter over mag explaining her motives and reasons before duke flipped and even reminded the Duke that She is the duchess and needs to get the respect worthy of her position. Absolute Mad Lad.

And this chap further cements that this is going to be on more realistic side of power plays, so mag should not matter much once duke has confirmed that she had been lying to him.

Also what a fucking bitch she is, no matter she wanted to drive wedge bw Eli and Lily, because she has been in cahoots with baron couple to hide Lily treatment from the duke.

Leileya, AkariCandy, Irishh and 37 others like this.
  4. ninanation

ninanation New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the hard work
    When will the duke and Eli notice that ani’s behavior changed??

NubeBlack, Mob Character and Ceilo27 like this.
  5. Audmod

Audmod Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m sorry, I have a question. So it was Mag that was in charge of making sure Lily was okay!? Ani doesn’t know right? Cause I would think she would’ve said something to her right away. Also I’m confused, The Duke wants to investigate who is telling the truth, Mag or Ani and yet he immediately believes how the Baron treated Lily. So how can he think badly of the Baron when he’s still unsure as to who is lying (Mag or Ani) cause if Mag was telling the truth, there wouldn’t be a need to get mad at the Baron........also I’m wondering if he’s gonna sneak into Ani’s room to see them sleeping (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)

6. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    Strictly, Ani was supposed to go and talk to Lily but She put it beneath her, So Duke sent to mag to check on Lily periodically who told him she is living very well.
    Duke does want to investigate truth because he personally thinks Mag is more trustworthy but respect and reputation of duchess can not be harmed unless clear facts are established.
    But for prudence he rebukes himself since while Ani is sus, she is not guaranteed to be lying so duke feels bitter incase it is all true.
    He hasn't took any action on orphanage itself but just alerted Butler to ensure Lily Parents estate is safe and sound till Lily can inherit it and tax department for tax audit because he feels like their will be some dirt on them in school and hospital running.
    He has not decided to punish anyone yet but per-emptive measures bar self rebuking.
    He prolly will after this since he is curious about lily and she is sleeping with ani

7. Audmod

Audmod Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh okay thank you for explaining!

8. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    Chap 13 Summary
    - Eli says dad? and duke laughs awkwardly at waking him up, Eli stretches his arms towards him and he hugs
    - He sees a cup on the bedside and sees brown stuff, thinks mag gave him cocoa before sleeping.
    - He thinks although there is some issue with rondini regarding mag, He is glad she is here, Unless ani she treats eli with smile always and he would be pretty lonely without her ( Duh cuz she is a 2 faced bish)
    - Just as he was thinking it, Eli refutes him saying mag didnt, Mother gave him and duke is shocked and his hand patting him stops.
    - after while he smiles and asks eli if he brushed teeth, then puts him back on bed saying he should sleep, since it is quite late.
    - He leaves room and wonders what the hell is ani thinking and doing, She brought lily and gave eli cocoa, it is too different from before. Unknown to him he had a expression full of joy till he jolts himself saying what the hell is he thinking.
    - Ani is woman who is arrogant, extravagent and thinks everyone is beneath her feet, he has been disappointed countless times yet he was laughing with expectation from one thing. He says it is useless, since she wont change anyway, He goes back with a tired look.
    -----
    -Ani wakes up in morning and felt lil warmth in her arms, She called lily name as she peeked at her asking if mother slept well, she responds yes and asks her same.
    -Ani smiles at her and rubs her hands on lily soft cheeks, She asks if lily wanted breakfast. Lily replies she ate late yday and also had cocoa so she is not hungry yet.
    - Ani nods and asks her what she wants to do today. Lily goes into stupor, since no one has ever asked her what she wants.. She timidly replies I want to spend time with mother.
    - Ani asks with her? Lily nods and says no matter what ani wants to do, she wants to spend with her. Ani thinks for a while and asks if she wants to bake cookies with her?
    -Lily eyes lit up and she excitedly hurries to ani. Ani says lets get ready and lily jumps out of bed. Ani asks if she should wash her face b4 going to kitchen? Lily nods and follows her like a chick follows mother duck.
    -----
    - Lily comes out of room dressed having a doll in her hands, Ani asks why she took it and Lily says it is a precious gift by mother with a smile.
    - Lily says it will double her joy to spend time with ani while having her precious gift making ani blush and she freezes thinking lily is too wonderful!
    - Ani was talking while she suddenly jolts because eli was at her door, who had never come. She gulps as Eli says he came to say thank u, Ani asks why?
    - Eli says for the cocoa and ani thinks he came that far just for it? She tilts her head while Lily greets Eli - Hello Lil Duke, Eli Stutters with his greeting H-hello and pretends to be not interested in her as he looked at his toes
    - Ani catches him red down to his neck as teasing smile appears on her face, she thinks this lad was in stupor when he saw her first and even came to her bedroom for just a thank you?
    - Ani watches them curiously and thinks of the novel love bw them? Eli is staring at lily doll with tight eyes, He was embarassed to look at her face so he stared at the doll in her hands.
    - Lily mistook his gaze and held out the doll to him asking if he wanted it? He panically rejects saying he is boy and lily asks yes? He responds boys are supposed to play with wooden swords and toy carriages
    - Ani listens to both talking and teases eli what is talking about, Boys dont have to play with swords only and he can play with a doll if he wants to.
    - Lily nods with her small head and pushes the doll in eli embrace, eli hugs it as their eyes meet. A smile like spring flowers spread on Eli face and only a few min later he realizes what he was doing.
    - Eli face goes beet red as he pushes back the doll to lily and runs away like a rabbit.
    - Lily looks at ani and mutters why did eli run away? Ani says she wonders as she smirks boldly and takes lily to kitchen.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  9. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG! Eli is so adorable haha. Young Love is so cute. Totally different from Ani and the Duke though.

10. BlueRoseJuliet

BlueRoseJuliet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have feeling the duke will be pleasantly surprised when he see's how Ani keeps treating Eli and Lily. I think it will turn into him having to fight with the children over her affections LOL.

11. Elvirgo

Elvirgo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eli is so adorable omg:aww: and the relationship between Ani and Lily is cute too!

12. Audmod

Audmod Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh this makes me so happy, it looks like it won’t be as hard for the duke to see how Ani has changed. I’m excited to see Ani and Eli form a better relationship. I can’t wait to read about all their cute moments. I hope in the future there’s a chance for Lily and Eli to wear coordinating outfits, that’d be so cute!

Ceilo27 and L0GIC like this.
  13. beazacha

beazacha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lemme camp here cause this is soooo cute! Ty for translating for us @Viole1369 :bloblove:

Rakshanu likes this.
  14. thoughtless

thoughtless Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you for these translations!!! @Viole1369 :blob_pompom:

looking forward for more fluffy moments! :aww::blobxd:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  15. Yunfei Xu

Yunfei Xu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tysm for the spoilers. I really enjoy it.

16. applebeans

applebeans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Day with mommy (in law)!!!! Thanks @Viole1369 !!

17. Katelyn2425

Katelyn2425 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm curious too

azal likes this.
  18. Glass Shard

Glass Shard 【Fʅσσϝ Hυɳƚҽɾ】【Cαƚ Lσʋҽɾ】【⚓️】

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you for the spoilers

19. Naruto lover

Naruto lover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys don't know about you but for me after reading about all mag thing I think the villainess mother in law plot is a twist of the original story and even though ani may have done some bad things due to young age and immaturity it would never reach the level that everyone believe in.

My inner mind: Swear to God that mag bitsh has something to do with all of this mess:blob_catflip:

20. yunaa

yunaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link