Spoiler Beware of the Brothers! (그 오빠들을 조심해!)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by theilikepie, Jan 31, 2020.

1. booho

booho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it depends on the situation. Is she considered as 'little sister' or just ' adopted family'?
    In beware of brothers, Hari was adopted as a SUBSTITUTE for Arina by Ernst brother's parents as a substitute for their dead daughter.
    1. Eugene-Erich-Cabel >> they think Hari as 'adopted-sister' but not 'real-sister', for them their sister is only ARINA. if they think of Hari as their real-sister, then they will erase Arina's figure from their memories.

2. Hari has always projected herself as Arina, she acts like Arina in order to be accepted as their 'younger sister'. But gradually she realized that she was not Arina, and finally she became herself.

In short, even though they were raised as siblings, they didn't see Hari as real-siblings only as family who need to be protect + a guilty feeling because they bullied her when she's a child.
    Because in Erich POV he said " Maybe if in the past they treated her better, now they will more like a real-siblings )

From 3 brothers, only Cabel who looks like real brother.

Besides, in Europe in medieval era, it's common to married your cousin etc ( distance/brother/sister)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    Mi shiru, Crims28, AmyAmiera and 2 others like this.
  2. princess40286

princess40286 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember there was a chapter in which Lavender Cordi was thinking to herself that tecnically Hari’s relationship with Eugene wasn’t against the laws of Arlanta or something like that.

3. DarkeAOU

DarkeAOU Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep. A relationship between adopted siblings is not really approved of, but it's not illegal or wrong, and even if it was, the people perpetrating the act is the Ernst family. Not even the royal family has the ability to protest it, because Eugene and Hari aren't doing anything legally wrong. Their relationship also only affects the Ernst family, not anyone else.

But since their relationship isn't exactly praiseworthy, it's subject to gossip and ridicule...by anyone stupid enough to go against the Ernst family and risk having their own family wiped out. Lavender's an idiot, though, so. :blobthinkingsmirk:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    Mi shiru, Crims28, Naant and 3 others like this.
  4. Eiidachan

Eiidachan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think people have difficulty accepting it simply because they knew them growing up as siblings, so it feels weird for them that Eugene and Hari start a relationship.

Well, honestly, as long as they're not related by blood and are happy, I'm totally fine with step/adopted-siblings pairing.

5. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems to be entirely a reader-oriented complaint, since no one in the novel cares other than Cabel (who doesn't understand), and Cabel's future wife's cousin (who thought that Hari was available and was rather put out to discover that she wasn't). Even Lavender doesn't really see anything wrong with Hari and Eugene being involved, outside of giving her more competition for Eugene's heart. The gossip is just her being malicious and stupid and wanting to hurt Hari.

Personally, I don't mind Hari and Eugene together because none of the other men ever had a chance. Hari hasn't seen anyone but Eugene since page one. Shocking it took her more than six years (and two lifetimes) to notice it.

Alniyat, Mi shiru, Crims28 and 3 others like this.
  6. Eiidachan

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot, but who's Lavender again? I really don't remember her.

7. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    Lavender Cordis. She's a lady who's in love with Eugene. At first she tries to act friendly to Hari, hoping to further her plans to get close to Eugene (ousting his fiancée), but after she starts to suspect Hari and Eugene of being attracted to each other, she gets murderously jealous of Hari. She's a very entitled young lady without two brain cells to rub together, and it gets her in a big way.

8. LazuliBean

LazuliBean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone predict how long it will take the manhwa to reach the confession scene?

9. Eiidachan

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading the latest manhwa chapter. It's satisfying seeing Lavender being pushed to the pond and then got ignored by Eugene who only focused on Hari. She's really an idiot. She thinks that bullying and getting rid of Hari would make Eugene like her? That'll only make him hate her. If someone hurt your loved one, of course you can't easily or neve forgive that person. Why can't she understand something so simple? Sheesh.

10. booho

booho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh it seems the side story translation already complete.
    The ending really fun and satisfied. Johannes also got a girlfriend LOL

11. salaza189

salaza189 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much. How can I read those translations :(

12. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking at the chapter list (without rereading to refresh my memory), I'd guess less than five chapters to the first kiss, then the confession proper...maybe two or three chapters after that. So I'd say, probably somewhere between six and eight chapters. Since we're currently on chapter 55 in the webtoon (which is 102/103 in the novel), that would be somewhere between chapter 61-63.

But that's just a rough guess based on memory. :notlikeblob:

AmyAmiera and Sherlockisk like this.
  13. booho

booho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  14. Svaril_sup_doma

Svaril_sup_doma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now the novel has been fully translated, so I want to leave my opinion on the story and the characters. Probably no one needs my reasoning, but maybe someone will be interested in reading it.
    First of all, I want to say a big thank you to everyone who translated this novella. You are my heroes!

I liked this novel. It's pretty easy to read without any strong tragedy, but it's written in such a way that you can still empathize with the characters and their inner conflicts. You could even call this novel a chamber novel; honestly, some big, sweeping villain would have been really unnecessary. The fact that Hari didn't die, but just suddenly woke up unexpectedly, I think is a good option. It would be kind of bad for the story if Hari was struggling with the idea of "I might die."

Now about the main characters separately

Some readers have spoken ill of Hari because she never acted like an adult, although she sometimes mentions that she was 27 years old before that. In my opinion, Hari's behavior can be explained by the fact that she subconsciously wanted her good childhood with her brothers. She herself said that she wanted to be a family, so why would she want to be an adult when she could start over with something that was going badly before? However, I won't say that Hari never acted like an adult. The kind of relationship she formed with Cable and Eugene is a consequence of her being able to look deeper and more closely at what's going on.

Of Eugene, I would say: "Where the river is deepest it makes the least noise."
    If I didn't know the events of the future, I couldn't tell at the beginning of the story that Eugene was capable of all the bloodthirsty and decisive things he was willing to do against his enemies. But, of course, that he would always be a reliable and considerate older brother was clear from the beginning. If Hari hadn't shown her latent initiative, Eugene would have continued to boil alone with his demons and raging feelings. And so Eugene turns out to be a rather ardent young man, I think you could even call him a one-lover.
    There was one moment, though, that got me thinking. Eugene didn't like it when Hari sometimes treated him like a child. I think it was something on a psychological level. When Eugene needed to prove to the other adults as soon as possible after his parents died that they had to reckon with him and he was no longer a child who was easily fooled. So this with Hari it looks like: "I'm an adult, don't make joke with me"

Now Cabel.
    He's so funny :D I love him so much. He's so easily manipulated by Hari and Erich, I even feel sorry for him. What I really like about Kable is that he really thinks of Hari as his sister. He's willing to get mad even at his brother, but not at her. The moment after Eugene and Hari's relationship was revealed, he kept avoiding Eugene, but he went straight to Hari to tell her that he was a brother, that he would protect her and that would never change. And how he cried at her wedding, both in the first life and the second life. Okay in the first life, Hari would have gone to a different house there, but the second time... Dude, the maximum she'll do without you is go on dates with her husband or to some aristocratic tea parties (but practice has shown that that won't stop you either). In general, what kind of personal life can you talk about Hari and Eugene when Kybel is so unable to read the atmosphere!

Erich.
    In fact, Erich did not become too memorable a character for me. He didn't go overboard in his behavior like Cabell and didn't cross the line into a brother-sister relationship. This is where I really like Erich, he read the situation well, that there were no awkward moments between Hari and Erich in the end. That he might develop something with Louise I began to suspect back when they were children. Only I wondered if Eugene realized that Erich liked Hari. Sometimes I thought he figured it out.

If I begin to analyze the other characters in the novel, there would be too much text. One thing is certain:
    1. Louise is really suited to such a passive Erich. She will move them forward, the other will make sure things don't get out of hand.
    2. When Hari called Johannes "brother Johan" you could forget that he could be ML.

I could go on and on in great detail, but what I have now written is long enough.

15. booho

booho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, Eugene figured it out. I think it is before Hari-Eugene goes to some party. Erich sits on the stairs and leans his head on the railing. Erich said "bye" to them. Hari thinks he just wants to say "bye" because they want to go out. But Eugene seems to know the meaning behind his words and pats his head.

When someone said it's a heartfelt novel at the beginning, it's true. No unnecessary drama, no politics, no love triangles. Absolutely pure relationship between Hari and her three brothers. I really like it when the Author tells it from the POV of Eugene and Hari alternately.

Johannes, who is said to be the 2nd ML, doesn't really stand out. He likes Hari but not a passionate one. Even after Hari dates Eugene, she's still friends with Johannes. No protracted heartbreak scenes. Eugene and Dice, Rosabella and Hari also have a good relationship even though Eugene-Rosabella break off the engagement. But I agree, Cabel is like a lemon soda in this story. XD I really like his character he's so Drama Queen.

The Eugene's frustration holding back his feelings for Hari until finally letting his feelings grow is depicted so well.

Louis and Erich's relationship is actually very interesting. Even though Erich always grumpy and doesn't seem to like it when Louise comes and asks him out, he NEVER refused.

In the middle of dozens of isekai / time travel stories about father/mother-son, villain, etc. This beware of brother story is very fresh, and different from the others.

For the manhwa >> I think it won't be long and will finish only in 2 season ( 80-90 chapter ) + side story.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  16. ArkiV_10

ArkiV_10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only difference is the eye color, i believe the daughter's eyes were blue...the daughter looks like erich as they are twins..

17. Atheijddd

Atheijddd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then that means that they did look identical?

18. ArkiV_10

ArkiV_10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Somehow..the in the first place that was the reason the Ernst couple took in Hari. Because she have silver hair and is same age with their dead daughter. By that time Hari's true mom was already dead and she was an orphan.

19. Serphinalily

Serphinalily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. It's mostly because they both have silver hair. Also purple and blue eyes look a bit similar. Most importantly, the sister was sickly in her last days (also addicted to pain medication) while the couple found Hari as a starving street waif (with malnutrition). I'd assume that at the point they would look pretty similar to the mother (who was suffering from the sister's death and would probably see the sister in any silver-haired unhealthy girl of the same age) due to their unhealthy complexions and body weight. The dad took her in to help soothe the wife while the brothers just had to accept it. I think a previous post mentioned that after being properly fed and filling out, Hari doesn't really look that similar to the sister.

Jukki, ArkiV_10 and rock.doll like this.
  20. booho

booho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    only the silver long hair..... but the face isn't

ArkiV_10 and Charotnixa like this.