Spoiler Kusuriya no Hitorigoto

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Pandababa, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Bansheehee

Bansheehee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So for anyone wondering is the emperor really a bad person to be honest no? Maybe a little but I don’t really think so more of him doing his duty as an emperor. Especially since during his father’s reign of terror and lust. It is said the reason why is although the lady rishu??? ( correct me if I’m wrong ) the youngest consort isn’t touched is cause he doesn’t like to touched ‘unriped fruit’ and cause of trauma from his dad being pedo******* the emperor doesn’t force himself on anyone and isn’t as lustful as he seems. And also revoked a few laws of his dad like abolishing slavery and given the fact that he let one of his consort to marry her childhood sweetheart cause she faked sleepwalking he could have have her to anyone.( Just my theory for this part only)
    Yes he is an ass to his son I agree. But overall as an emperor his doing ok maybe not as an emperor and dad together

2. Nuzlocke

Nuzlocke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What?

The emperor's the emperor. This story has some antagonists, and he isn't one of them.

But yes. His taste's are people like Gyokuyou and Rifa. Riishu's too young, but her position is a lot more ironclad than his childhood sweetheart's was XD

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  3. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    just additional info..
    I think the present emperor actually love consort A De (the actual mother of Jinshi)
    yes, there is some switching babies here, even Empress Dowager know about it (and maybe the emperor know too). Yeah, it is cruel for the empress dowager as baby is the innocent one, but the empress dowager is really hate the previous emperor that make her kinda hate the baby (I don't know if she hate emperor too. But, as Jinshi is the grandson not the son, maybe it make him more bearable than the actual son:hmm:
    )
    , but the consort actually thought the emperor as kinda her sibling (her mom is emperor's wet nurse, and they are childhood friend). If I am remember it right, as a crown prince, he only has A De, he has concubines only after he ascend to be Emperor (more to politics and some leftover from his father's reign)

4. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure the present emperor is actually Jinshi's father.

(and not his brother)

Need someone to confirm the spoiler though lol

RiannNeko likes this.
  5. ArkiV_10

ArkiV_10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes he is jinshi's father. But i think the only one who knows that he is jinshi's father is Aduo (jinshi's mom) and the concubine and best friend of the emperor.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2023
  6. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure the emperor himself knows too, and the previous empress who (if the spoilers on the wiki are accurate) actually let the switch happen because she hated her original spawn.

LynnLynn, lan2001h, Anthares and 6 others like this.
  7. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    He knows. He just plays along with people whoa re not in the immediate imperial family.

Add to that, the queen dowager, which is the emperor's mother, and the Jinshi's grandmother. She was the one who gave birth to the actual emperor's brother and she was the one who 'took' in Jinshi as her 'baby' rather than her grandbaby.

For those who are confused, Jinshi's mother and grandmother fell pregnant at the same time. Jinshi was given to his grandmother and jinshi's mother has to declare her baby was dead. The context for this is till confusing. And yeas, Jinshi name is not his true name.

In a way, yes, but the baby died. cant read the empress dowager, to be honest.

To be honest, the emperor has always in the shadow, and to be honest, that is a good change from your usual emperor characters. He likes to play around, not in a cruel way but I guess in a way like someone who likes to how people react. Like how he handles Jinshi and the latter's effort not to be the emperor. He's an interesting spectator and sometimes, I would just love to know how his mind works.

besides, he did learn something from his father - don't get very young girls as consorts. And keep consorts in line by not assigning an empress. Like most of his reign, he doesn't have one until he settled near the end when his 2nd son was born IIRC.

Yes he is.
    Jinshi doesn't want to be emperor whether because he was the brother and the son. And Jinbshi (not gonna reveal his true name) also knows this. I think both father and son p loves to play musical chairs with their courtiers.

I love Maomao's family arc part but that will further branch out into more arcs and personally, I already resigned myself that the development between Jinshi (fake name lols) and Maomao is gonna be when kingdom comes. In the novel, there are still dancing around each other. Somebody ping me when the manga catches up to the translation.

8. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    According to the wiki, which may or may not be accurate, the previous emperor (pedo!emperor) was a puppet ruler who feared grown up woman because of his mommy, who was actually in charge, and preferred children because they were weaker than him I guess. At some point after the current emperor was born, the current empress rapes him when he goes after another little girl and the swapped baby is born. Shit happens and the baby is switched w/ Jinshi. Current Empress despises the Pedo!Emperor though and the entire fiasco suited her just fine. She liked Jinshi and her granddaughter, I guess because he didn't remind her of the pedo. The swamped baby seems to just be a casualty.

Though yeah. Current emperor isn't into loli's lol. Think the only reason he has the 14 year old is because of her status and the fact that she's an investment XD

Glad to see the spoilers are accurate enough lol

9. Bansheehee

Bansheehee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I fell so relieved lol usually in some stories it’s the emperor the MC’s father or family member that is the antagonist I’m like bruh lol

RiannNeko, Chilli_Chiia and Nuzlocke like this.
  10. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    The only connection our MC has with the emperor is the fact that her "father" was there during his spawns delivery XD

And, you know, the fact that her biological father is on his payroll and kinda a big deal lol

Jukki, Uncopyright and Bansheehee like this.
  11. AllthingsAsian

AllthingsAsian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    has anyone found the answer to this?

12. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure her scheme was to use Rakkan to "buy" Meimei.

But then Meimei fucked it up XD

Anthares, Elisee, RiannNeko and 2 others like this.
  13. Xillais

Xillais Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kind of feel bad for her actually. Looked like she loved Rakan and actually wanted to get bought by him but she prioritized his happiness before herself.

Viliel likes this.
  14. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    ?

No, Meimei was there when Rakkan and Mao's mom were going to do the deed. She's just as invested in that drama as everyone else involved lol

Viliel and Dvenger like this.
  15. nixp

nixp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you for spoiler so far, more spoiler please:blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::cookie:

16. yunaa

yunaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankyou for spoilers

17. athene911

athene911 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like this manga despite the slow romance or the lake of it, I find the MC's character fantastic ,,, one of my favorite female leads

ArkiV_10 likes this.
  18. Arisa_DESU

Arisa_DESU Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, The real baby brother of the Emperor was given to Aaduo which actually died of poison. It was unintentional as a maid fed him with honey that is unknowingly poisonous for babies.

If Ruiyue/Zuigetsu/Jinshi didn’t get switched at that time with the real empress’ son, we wouldn’t be able to appreciate his beauty now. Aaduo cannot get pregnant again too since her body was damaged when giving birth to our Prince of the Moon

crystalleciel, Viliel and rock.doll like this.
  19. hjnffnjh

hjnffnjh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

yes, the cunning strategist (the one who sees people as go pieces) and that woman (in the brothel without the nose because of STD who most of us think will not have long to live).

Viliel and AMNigma like this.
  20. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    MaoMao was raised by her uncle too I believe.

Viliel likes this.