Spoiler The Emperor Reverses Time

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Lasika

Lasika Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @xAnnAx ohhh I read the "prologue" for this novel and I was a bit skeptical at first. The webtoon makes it look like the Emperor only wanted the Empress back to solve his problems but given what you have mentioned, I want to know more now.
    I'm okay with the calmness instead of the drama - there's plenty of drama around for the isekai /time travel tropes ^^;
    Thanks for making the thread! Hopefully we'll know more soon.

Plumpuppeach likes this.
  2. wilee

wilee New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same thought!! I'm curious already :blobrofl:
    And actually, I don't mind the calmness at all. I think we all need some detox after those dramatic isekai hahaha.

3. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    jkumi7, evanesco99211 and Shey_04 like this.
  4. Sea serin

Sea serin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But i guess not trying to save her and being indifferent is still kinda involves him in killing her...
    Most cruel part was He didnt even bother answering dying empress last qus...it was beyond indifference...like dude come on she did her duties well.so,simply ans her....
    To me he is more than a murderer

5. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, in a way he indirectly killed her, but the thing is "he had complete disinterest in the empress." They were married but might as well have been strangers who just got together. Although they knew each other since they were kids, I'm assuming they didn't interact much in a more personal way or well, more like him taking the imitative to get to know her. Since he had no interest in her, he doesn't care about her at all. Doesn't care what she does, if she's alive and if she's dead so that's why he didn't try to save her or answer her question. He's not cold bc of trauma but bc it's his personality(?):hmm: I mean I've read a lot of novels with cold MLs and they act cold/have no interest in other ppl etc. so I just see it as indifference—lack of interest, concern, or sympathy. He definitely has a shitty personality and I'm so glad he knows it:blobamused: it's good to be self-aware.

Whatever was written in FL's book must've been smth for him to do a complete 180 and act like a clown in their second life. Didn't give a sh*t about her and suddenly his life's goal is to make her happy:blobpopcorn_two: srsly a fu*king clown. There seems to be smth more to her death and the pensioned drink. It would be such a twist if she actually knew it was poisoned and drank it:blobfearful:

EDIT: just read Ch 2 and the book was her diary

Spoilers pls:blob_plusone: I'm so interested to know what happens and how the story develops bc it's so rare in romance novels for the ML to be the main character and have it in their POV

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  6. Gothita

Gothita Alive...

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you guys read chapter 2?
    Omg! Imma so pissed. Her parents and every person she associated with are piece of shits.
    [​IMG]

Not even one tried to ask her what she want or how she felt!

Seriously make her happy!?!?! Give her one more chance to be happy?!
    What a petty bastard! He just wants his guilt to be lessened. Make her happy my foot!
    I wish I could slap the shit outta him.[​IMG]

Free Ocean, torte1315, noula and 17 others like this.
  7. Pakhi

Pakhi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why the heck these jerk male leads need second chance, why the f*ck fls forgive these sh*ts.. sometimes I just want to transmigrate in these type of novel and slap the heck out of them:blobangery:

torte1315, noula, TyShaye and 5 others like this.
  8. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh:blobsleepless: I was thinking of 2nd chance novels being rare for MLs and in their POV compared to FLs and I just realized those FLs are fu*king CLOWNS too. I never really gave it much of a second thought. Like oh, FL misunderstood ML & treats him coldly and gets with the other guy who is actually a piece of trash and ML was the one who cared for her all along and does everything for her so she resolves to treat ML right in the 2nd life. Or there is no other piece of trash and FL was just cold to ML and so she doesn't try to get to know him and keeps her distance but boom, realizes she completely misunderstood him and so resolves to treat him right in their 2nd life. Other times, FL indirectly gets ML killed and after that FL realizes how much ML loved her and resolves to treat him right in their 2nd life. And I'm just like ok yeah u better treat them right this time and go about my day reading and rooting for them:blobawkward:. Hmmm...why do these trash and stupid FLs get a second chance? Most of these novels actually have good rating/are popular.

9. iheef

iheef Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So i read this one in Arabic and my first language isn’t English so excuse my bad english
    just like the end the ml wakes up in his childhood room and realizes that is the same day he met her anyways he meets her and while she greets him she will raise her eyes accidentally and after that we’re gonna see her MOTHER’S abuse to her and her obsession abt being the fl the perfect empress by making her wear high heels in a young age and it shows the ml knew from diary’s she wrote so he will save her and break into her excusing that he will see her before he leaves or something after he says he came to see her he will see the tears in her eyes after that he will say he hopes to see her again safe and good (?)
    after that he leaves
    (Again my friends excuse my bad englisheu )

DOHere, jkumi7, DapperDabber and 28 others like this.
  10. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    no worries, ur english is good and thx for the spoiler:aww::blob_pompom:

Svitlanak and iheef like this.
  11. psychofreak

psychofreak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers! Actually looking forward how this ML changes things, and in his POV as well.

Because it's fantasy and most people probably fantasize about second chances happening to them as well, kinda like "if only I had a second chance, I'd do this and that and blahblahblah". Thing is, stories with second chances like these should also drive it hard to emphasize to not be a shitty person the first time. Come to think of it, I'd like to see a second chance story where they tried to change what happens but ultimately fails. Should show that even if given a second chance, things may still not go the way they wanted because they did something so bad even karma is so disgusted it decided to flip. Bottom line is "Remember kids, don't be a jerk, be nice".

12. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh! a failed second chance:hmm: I think that would actually be interesting to read about but too bad there's nothing like that or at least not that I know of:cookie:

torte1315, Nagisa11 and Lovina like this.
  13. CaffeineMachine

CaffeineMachine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, it feels like a lot of you jumped on the typical pitchfork frenzy without waiting for the story to develop... again. Frankly the amount of "trash male" bashing that occurs seems to be getting to a ridiculous level. Just some vibes from how I've read the first two chapters, I kind of feel like the author is intentionally hiding something with regards to the real reason the emperor is turning back time. I think there's probably something that is being skipped for narrative effect. Personally, I'm more inclined to speculate based on some of the spoilers here, that maybe at some point in time. the emperor was probably deeply in love with the empress, but that may have changed when she went to the clock magicians. There may have been some purpose to it (such as in typical tropes, saving him from poison or some other crisis that was a threat to his life.) I think the revelation that she had gone to the clock magicians may have had something to do with his becoming indifferent/emotionally closed off to those around him. So I'm speculating the arc may go something like this-> they grew up actually deeply in love with each other, but some crisis occurred, and the empress visited the clock magicians to resolve said issue, but the price was actually their emotional attachment. The emperor possibly discovers that after her death when he read her journal, which may have been what breaks the curse or whatever, which is the only logical explanation as to why he does a 180 in attitude and desperately wants to sacrifice his life to give her a chance at happiness. So I think in their second life, narratively it may be interesting if the emperor goes down the path of caring deeply for the empress on the second go round, and due to having read the journal, he ends up rectifying/resolving the crisis in a different manner that doesn't require the same emotional sacrifice. There might even be a moment where they flashback and fill in some of the background from the first life.

That said, this is all speculation, but it is disheartening to see people jump instantly on the bandwagon of vilifying the MC because he is male and what he did in his time and background is not acceptable to modern standards of etiquette and generally not being a douche. If anything, that behavior in these forums is, as Chinese novel tropes expound, not much different from those melon seed eating bystanders whom get manipulated every which way by the very "trash males" they curse until the female lead inevitably does her face-slapping.

14. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, there does seem to be more to the story. By your speculation, wouldn't this be their 3rd life? Since she went to the clock tower to turn back time(?) Someone said that the poison was actually for the emperor. Could it be that in the 1st life, ML drank it so FL goes to clock tower to turn back time and save him. So, in 2nd life FL drinks the poison instead and she's the one who dies. ML finds out from reading her diary and turns back time so now its their 3rd life.:hmm: Damn I'm even more interested now.

15. _artemis_

_artemis_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think in the 3rd life thing except if it was a small time jump. But, I have a theory that in the future perhaps teenage years or close to their marriage the empress will came back to this time. And I also think the empress might have been friends with the magician because when the emperor when to her to turn back time she focused a lot with the empress as if she was angry,sad for her and what had happend to her and what she's been through.

Th.ay likes this.
  16. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Gosh guys, keep it down. Don't you guys have dual standards? If a FL treated someone who truly loved her like trash and gets a second chance, you go and cheer. But if a ML treated someone like trash and gets a second chance at repentance, you go and put him down? Like, seriously, how pathetic could that be? Everyone deserves a second chance. Male or female. We fight for "gender equality" but people stay for dual standards. Look at yourselves and check your values, will you? You guys haven't even read the novel in its entirety and you're pitching your forks already. If you don't like it, stop reading it.

Simple.

torte1315, Ravenz, Dobokan and 49 others like this.
  17. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    • ML wakes up and realizes he returned to when he was 10 years old.
    • After some thought, he concludes to break the engagement bc if FL doesn't become the empress everything would be simple. FL will meet someone else and live like other ordinary noble girls and will never die for him and maybe will live happily.
    • He decides to go to the emperor to break the engagement but then a maid comes in saying today was an important day bc he will be meeting his soon-to-be empress, FL for the first time. The maid asks ML if he remembers FL.
    • ML is shocked upon hearing this. Then, he gets ready with the help of the maid.
    • ML recalls the first day he met FL and what was written in her diary about her hair being like spider webs.
    • He keeps repeating to himself that he can't say spider webs and to say something else but no matter how much he looks back on his memory, he really didn't think of anything else than FL's hair looking like spider webs:blobsweat_2:
    • ML vows to praise FL for how beautiful her silver hair was instead of repeating the same foolishness.
    • I think ML and the maid were heading over to meet the FL in this part(?)
    • ML wonders if he and FL really won't have the engagement, will she live a happy life? Can she meet someone who truly loves her and will give her everything for her?
    • full MTL: Only afterwards he could understand why the emperor had to make an uninteresting deal with the Duke of Elysium and Taejung's wedding. The imperial family and Elysium formed an alliance in order to maintain a friendly relationship, at least on the surface of each other, in order to maintain a friendly relationship with each other. The fact that they were united from the inside is how ridiculous and miserable to him who just took over as the emperor. Perhaps I didn't know the attitude I showed to the empress was Amon's(idk who this guy is) anger towards him, but it was not the innocent empress that he should be angry with, but the Abamama(emperor) and himself(it said herself here, but sometimes it translates he as her & vice versa but I'm gonna assume it's ML unless it’s someone else?), who could not strengthen the emperor's power.
    • ML's eyelids are becoming heavier and he rubs his throbbing forehead on the nanny's shoulder and closes his eyes. (he's being carried?)
    • He thinks getting used to the body of a young child seemed to be an urgent priority and before he falls asleep he questions himself.
      • What if the empress was forced to sit in the seat of the empress again?
      • What if she became the empress or queen of a country other than the empire?
      • What if in the end she met someone other than him but wasn't happy?
    • FL is the prince's fiancée, the crown prince, and eventually the empress.
    • He wasn't able to answer the last question so he decides to not force that future to change, it's what he has to do. He just needs to make her happy. But he wonders if he deserves to make her happy.
    • In his heart, he asked for permission from the empress, whom he will meet soon. Empress, my empress. Can I love you? In this life alone, this life, can I make you happy?
    I wish this novel was available to read on the site instead of the app bc that would make MTL so much easier. Had to take SS and upload the image to google translate. Good thing the MTL wasn't that hard to understand tho:blobhug: I’ll continue later.

18. Zazaisme

Zazaisme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I wish the emperor suffered enough, there is only a prolog in mangadex

19. nori-wings

nori-wings New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some spoilers from chapter 4 and 5

-At first, the ML wanted to broke their engagement so she could marry another man and have a normal life, but since he woke up the day he met her, he was not able to do it. He decides to do his best not to repeat his mistakes.
    -ML notices that same day that she was physically abused by her mother and her feet were hurt from wearing heels.
    -He asks her about her favorite color and she confesses that she actually likes blue, but her parents ordered her to like white.
    -ML personally meets a shoemaker to design comfortable shoes for her (without heels!)
    -There are some changes the next time he visits her, since ML had told FL's father he was surprised that her room was so white when she prefers blue (in this way, he basically tells them that he knows they don't listen to their daughter's opinion) so now they allow her to wear blue dresses and a less tight corset.
    -ML gives her the shoes and she is surprised at how comfortable and soft they are, when he invites her to play she is able to run and that makes her smile (ML also thinks she looks way prettier when she smiles)
    -When they sit on the grass, he makes a ring out of a flower and proposes to her, promising that he will make her happy.
    -Later, FL's mother asks her if she behaved properly in front of the prince and she answers that the ML proposed to her with a flower ring. Then, her mother gets enraged and hits her.

20. radical6

radical6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    FL gets ML's approval and an engagement

Mom slaps her?????

Isnt that what they wanted? Or did they want her sister to be the empress instead?