Recommendations Good quality novel with this criteria

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Kamuizin, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Kamuizin

Kamuizin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Need some decent novel to read with the following descriptions:

Chapters: 800+ or near, translated. Reaching the end of the novel if possible (so, no 800 ch if raw is 3000+ ch).

Theme: cultivation or level up.

MC: rational preferable, can be ruthless if background justify, same for kind and zealot (if background allows).

Environment: if possible well described. I like J R R Tolkien style, description of the environment to it’a minimum detail is a huge plus.

Behavior: coherent plz, this is the main point of my search. You can be good, you can be evil, it doesn’t matter, as long the script describe the MC as he really is.
    You can also fake your identity or personality, but ppl around must be coherent to what they see and know.
    ex: Chu Mu of ATG kill an entire clan because they kidnapped his grandfather (without even any harm to the old man) to the point that even babies, servants and ppl with no relation with the incident died.
    That’s not a problem, the problem is the world around him that give approval to the act, not as political talk or by fear, but as if ppl really agreed with the act, as it that was reasonable. So plz, no suggestions with ATG like bullshit.

Being objective now:

*non-human MC: +3
    *Female MC: +2 / If strong with no ML: +2 extra
    *medieval/fantasy scenario: +2
    *relevant characters in harem: +1
    *no personality harem: -1
    *intelligent plot armor: +1 (no stupid click a button kill all plot armor, Han Li bottle in RJMI enter in this criteria).
    *no plot armor: +2 (personal qualities and what you achieve through it aren’t plot armor, i don’t consider Ji Ning fortress as plot armor for example or a one time interference from someone powerful)
    *relevant side characters: +2 (if they’re even near a half-mc, then +3)
    *no happy life: +3 (happy life = novels that say life is hard and ppl die at millions, but no matter what, MC or those around him only grow without any problems).
    *relevant characters being killed: +3 (George Martin style, but they need to exist in first place, preferable with some emotional impact, like grimgar of fantasy and ash).
    *Non basic elemental power (fire, water...): +1
    *Non stupid villains: +2.
    *Events out of MC control: +3
    *Events non related to MC but mentioned (with or without influence in MC history): +3

Gimme a +10 or more suggestion if possible!

2. Kamuizin

Reading List:
    Link
  3. mcarandang

mcarandang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    historically speaking OEM and Transcending the nine heavens seem to fit, but it's been a while since i read them. There's one novel, but it's not translated that I remember being amazing, I think it was Lord of War. Although, in a different direction than cultivation, maybe try transitioning to kingdom building or intrigue like joy of life or kingdom's bloodline, a new direction for reading, take it from experience. There's a few more good novels in that direction after one gets burned out by wuxia with stuff like alchemist god, dan god, omniscient sage, ISSTH, BTTH....etc.

Kamuizin likes this.
  4. Kamuizin

Reading List:
    Link
  5. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
  6. armad224

armad224 Well-Known Member

Reading List: