Recommendations Cultivation novels like...

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by aclgrafix, Feb 7, 2021.

1. aclgrafix

aclgrafix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm currently sick and tired of all the cultivation novels where the mc is some kind of waste at the start and treated like sh*t stuck to the bottom of your shoes who then goes on a psychopathic revenge spree mass-murdering anyone that even looks at them funny

So I'm looking for cultivation novels that are pretty much the opposite, where the MC isn't waste, isn't treated like trash and doesn't turn into some sort of psycho

so far I've only found 2 such novels
    - Pocket Hunting Dimension (i like this 1 cause even though the mc is underestimated it's along the lines of "I knew you were strong but not that strong!")
    and
    - History's Strongest Senior Brother (with HSSB I've only read up to before he goes to the higher realm his mother came from though and yes I've read the other novel by the same author HN1F but got bored when it became all about the pupils instead of mc)

anyways I'm looking for suggestions similar to the 2 novels which have:
    - Male Lead
    - MC isn't a waste who is treated like trash (i want the opposite)
    - MC isn't a psychopathic killing machine (actually has morals)
    - Romance is always welcome so long as its not the type where the ML and FL go separate ways for 1000 chapters
    - actively translated (kinda sucks when you find a good novel only to find out its no longer being translated when your halfway through it

2. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    RRL beware of the chicken... Kinda fits the bill.
    Cultivate your sister

69 others, Reack and armad224 like this.
  3. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't mind a modern one, Cultivation Chat Group (Qidian/Webnovel)
    MC's a university student, got invited to a chat room by it's admin, thought that it's members are wuxia/xianxia chuunis only to find that they are the real deal

4. aclgrafix

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks but can you link that RRL 1, no idea what that is and found nothing when I searched it, as for Cultivate your sister its description makes it seem like its dissing cultivation novels lol, definitely gonna check it out

thanks, I actually forgot about CCG, so I was wrong in the OP as that it's 3 novels, not 2 :p but then again I kinda got bored of CCG around ch 1000

5. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/39408/beware-of-chicken

6. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Kamuizin

Kamuizin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Desolate Era fit perfectly your premisses, except for one:

“- Romance is always welcome so long as its not the type where the ML and FL go separate ways for 1000 chapters”

But i still strongly reccomend the novel unless an active romance is a must have for you. MC is very loyal to his partner.

Coiling Dragon also pretty much fit your criteria into a whole.

forgottenarrow and otaku31 like this.
  8. Flaashii

Flaashii Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    unparalleled after ten consecutive draws on Webnovel-or any other site you want to read it at just google it.
    This one is a relaxed novel just ignore the comments and read for now and try to not take it that serious after all he gets really op first chapter and gets top position in sect and he is the most handsome man in the fic, even after fighting other top sect disciples they don't try to take revenge and get it that he is better than them and become friendly.

9. 3xtBlade

3xtBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The all time number one martial arts/cultivation/romance novel. Martial Arts Master is my recommendation.

Scholar Monarch likes this.
  10. aclgrafix

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks

yeah i did, if you look in op in the brackets under HSSB you will see I also mentioned HN1F

thanks, ill check out Desolate Era, the romance is just a bit of icing on the cake for me, i'll survive with the long separations :p and I did start reading Coiling Dragon a long time ago, got up to the start of the school arc I think, might go back to it

thanks i'll give it a look :)

thanks i'll definately check this 1 out :)

11. aclgrafix

Reading List:
    Link
    bump - still hoping for more

12. Ba_Ko

Ba_Ko Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm also in need of novel that feet the criteria, so if someone can suggest some novels :)

13. Nagisa11

Nagisa11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lord Xue Ying - checks your criterias, very loyal guy in the romance department, I think in all my years reading these novels Xue Ying has to be one of my favorite mcs if not my most favorite one. He’s the guy who made me fall in love with the spear, nowadays I choose the spear for any games I play and i cater towards characters who use the spear.
    Chronicles of Primordial Wars - a rare find, i think you’ll enjoy it since it checks your criteria’s.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  14. Ba_Ko

Ba_Ko Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, i'll read that ! :)

15. AZ21

AZ21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Keyboard Immortal well the mc at first treated like trash but he will get recognition over time this novel its not a serious one, but its a funny and full of trolling, face slapping etc. because the mc needs anger points so he offend anyone he can, it has romance too its nice. actively translated by Wuxiaworld

16. Ba_Ko

Ba_Ko Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Martial World is a good novel. At firs the MC isn't talented, but he'll have an opportunity that'll change everything. After that, he'll be recognized as a genius cultivator. There is romance, but, unfortunately, there are sometimes where the MC will drift apart from his lovers.

But all in all, it was a very good cultivation novels :)

17. DaoistDawn

DaoistDawn Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump looking for the same... I’ve read almost everything recommended in this thread besides HN1F (maybe it was the beginning but the writing made me cringe)

I’ve read ED, MW, all Er Gen series, A City of Sin, WotlMW... tried to read LXY but the villains were just retarded (only up to Book 8)

18. Victor777

Victor777 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try Lord of the Mysteries . Though its a western fantasy one but the story line is awesome and its one of the most popular one and topped the charts in all sites so you can try it.

If you can make do with google translation i can recommend a few which are really good but if not then try the said one.

19. Reack

Reack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  20. aclgrafix

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks, I did start reading LYX a while ago, think I read up to volume 4, can't remember why I stopped reading it though, I'll also definitely check out CPW as well :)

thanks, judging by the description it seems like its I Don't Want To Go Against The Heavens but with ntr

thanks, I'm currently reading this 1 :) up to the part where he is first going to the ice sect to find his first girl in the novel and up to just after returns to the lower realm and brings his family to the higher world part in the webtoon version :p

thanks, currently not to interested in base English novels, however for English novels I prefer reading novels along the lines of those written by Piers Anthony (Bio of a Space Tyrant), Christopher Paolini (Eragon series), and Emily Rodda (Rowan of Rin, Deltora quest, etc.)

thanks, ill definately check out My Senior Brother is Too Steady as for This Young Master is not Cannon Fodder is there a novelupdates page for it, or is this 1 more of an english fanfic style 1?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    Nagisa11 likes this.