Spoiler The Flower Dance and The Wild Song/꽃은 춤추고 바람은 노래한다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by suzzy77, Dec 26, 2020.

1. mrgkmw

mrgkmw Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have a spoiler after the FL's death in the 1st TL? Thank youuu

gametv and CottonKey like this.
  2. papapa

papapa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. MuyBuy

MuyBuy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know how Vincente breaks off his engagement? Someone mentioned that it took a while to convince both Vincent and Harsen, and I'd like more details on that.

roseO likes this.
  4. WinnieS

WinnieS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depression kill. Literally. Could be the one who suffer, or could be the one who’s near. I remember after having my baby, for every check up, at least until a year, some of of the questions in the form are emotionally related, I.e, have you been feeling down lately? Do feel like crying out of no where? How do feel about the baby? Motherhood? They even give a hotline number for PPD. In my culture there’s a term used for those moms in severe depression, I don’t know the English word, but basically they went total crazy to the point of being able to kill their own baby because there are voices that telling them to. And there are cases that this unfortunate thing did happened because there is no proper support system. So I agree to one of the comments that her being away from her son at that time probably was the best for both of them. At least he’s alive. She’s alive. And there’s a chance for reconciliation.
    How did she die again? Poison + depression right? I think she thought it was jut because she was depressed to the point of sickness, but she had just found out the symptoms indicate something else? Did someone plot for her death in the 1st timeline?

5. typicalbookworm

typicalbookworm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it's right to just call some of the characters as d*cks. All of the had faults (except for vicente) and a character shouldn't take the blame for all that's happened.

Harsen. As the successor of the previous duke, his education was imo much stricter than what Vicente is going through. If Vicente ended up with a closed of personality, then what more Harsen (from what I got from the manhwa, it didn't look like he grew up in a loving family)? So Harsen, who grew up in a strict environment, groomed to be a perfect duke, turned out the way he is. He sucks at communicating. He is very bad at empathizing. Lastly, with his (I wouldn't say introverted but more like) closed off personality, he is close to being unable to express himself emotionally. During the time Ercella got pregnant, he was forced to go to ear due to the king's order. By the time he got back, he had to attend his father's funeral and do his duties as the new duke (eliminating enemies, solidifying his position, taking care of his fief and even having to care his time for his wife). That is a lot for someone who is what 20 years old but that doesn't mean he is not also at fault. He clearly loves Ercella but shows no sign of trying to communicate with her (even if it's just baby steps where he slowly tries to express his feelings). Also, he was probably pained when Ercella keeps saying he was the best choice. If the person you liked/loved only treated you as an option and choose you because you were the best out of the lot, wouldn't you also get frustrated and hurt?

Ercella. Very young to get married (in the modern age and even imo) but is actually very common in the olden days which the story is likely taking place. Grew up in a warm family with siblings so she is very expressive and sociable. Although she was forced to marry, she didn't dislike Harsen as a marriage partner but she misunderstood Harsen due to that Damonshire brat. She also felt aggrieved (that's what it looked like to me) since she couldn't go to banquets and hang out with friends because everyone keeps telling her to take care of the baby. She felt as if she was not living for herself but for the child growing in her stomach (especially since the child was what most people kept on bringing up everytime she sees them). Like Harsen, she witnessed her father slowly dying and even attend his funeral. At the same time, she had to endure the harassment from Harsen's relatives who wanted the dukedom while she was pregnant and while Harsen was away at war. Everything that she experienced was a slow build up for her depression and anxiety (before and after childbirth which happens to a lot of pregnant women). She is also not without fault as in the case of Harsen, she didn't communicate her feelings properly. It's not easy tbh (well we wouldn't have the story if they just laid out all their feelings in the first place). She was able to tell her side of the story in the latest chapter (24) which is a good start.

Vicente. Good boi. No fault.

Ercella's parents. I think they were good parents who thought of their children well. Some people say that they were playing favorites and being biased towards elder sis and bro because they were forcing her to marry against her will and for the benefit of her siblings. I also have mixed feelings. On one side, I understand that Ercella was forced to marry (by her parents and her own sense of responsibility as a Visaride). At the same time, when I think about marriages in the olden times since the story looked like it was set during that timeframe, they were mostly political to benefit the family.

Well, all of the above is just my personal opinion on the story though.

6. ArkiV_10

ArkiV_10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally someone who had the same opinion as me. I agree with your explanation from start to finish.

7. Souravi785

Souravi785 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree as well. I don't like that everyone's blaming Harsen cuz I think both of them is at fault. You need to understand just as the mc married early Harsen became a duke at a really young age as well without any family member to support him or rather family members were his enemies. As you can see in the manhwa although he failed to communicate with the mc but he at least tried to be good to her while on the other hand mc was busy wallowing in self-depression. Of course, that's also the result of bad circumstances. Blaming only the ml and just seeing it from only the mc's viewpoint is wrong imo. Just as she suffered Harsen suffered worst in fact, since he had to let go of his family that he loved. The main point is that both of them failed to communicate properly and the outcome was disastrous.

8. 4spoils

4spoils Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone please tell me how Ercella will go about divorcing her husband? I would really like to know how she comes to that decision and how easy or hard it is for her to leave Harsen.

Shohimeee likes this.
  9. max2payne0

max2payne0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, this is too angsty for me, I'm good with knowing the ending but I'm still so curious, I'm tempted to keep reading the manhwa even though I'm not great with depressing stuff (I'll probs just not read it because it tends to leave me depressed too and I hate it, just reading the spoilers left me kinda sad.) But can someone spoil how she gets closer to Vincent? I've been interested in webtoons with mother-child relationships lately (step-mom, too) but there really aren't that many. The one other I found was also depressing (too complicated, too much angst, still somehow a happy ending, just like this one.)

bleedingliar24, djan29 and roseO like this.
  10. Kasiera127

Kasiera127 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can I read the whole novel?

11. mighty_muffin

mighty_muffin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure if she loved him at that time. But based on the flashback, I'm 100% she had a crush on him after the dance. She probably in heaven when he proposed and became devastated when she learned that he only married her because he didn't want to marry the princess.

Also, without knowing the future, I think the other guy might be a better choice for the family, but not for her. As she will have to marry into an enemy's family but it will secure her family's safety. While marrying the ML, will strengthen her sister's position but make it more dangerous for her family. So FL saying ML is the best choice is most likely for her to console herself when her parent and father-in-law died. That she did not make a mistake marrying him.

TrinaAngel, Neyva, Angelai and 4 others like this.
  12. chorong_ssi

chorong_ssi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the guy from the bookstore will make an appearance again?

Idk, I feel so hurt right now that even though Duke is a victim too, I still feel petty the way he slapped her again away. I want the bookstore guy to appear so he could be jealous.

13. Yunfei Xu

Yunfei Xu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers. Imo, ml n mc hav their own faults. Juz sad to see both love each other but keep misunderstanding each other.

14. The1Rin

The1Rin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm loving this novel/manhwa but can someone tell me what happens in the first timeline after she dies???

15. WinnieS

WinnieS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The way things are, she might just falls back to depression. It’s not that she’s healed, she was just suppressing it due to the death in 1 TL. It’s not gone, but she’s summoning her strength and courage to prioritize things, and her son is the priority now. She’s changing, but her husband stays the same, so the overall condition, which what originally drives her into depression is the same. Glad that the spoilers said she’ll not lose this time around.

TrinaAngel, MianneChan, Neyva and 4 others like this.
  16. hjnffnjh

hjnffnjh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ercella was pregnant when her husband was sent away to war, his father got sick and died, his father-in-law died, his husband's relatives trying to usurp the duchy, her sister's miscarriages, her husband coming back from war and killing I mean cleaning up messes neglecting her as a result. I can't believe how strong the baby's grip inside. It's a miracle she gave birth and didn't end up like her sister.

17. kurojotei

kurojotei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem with Ercella and Harsen's marriage is that they went into it with different expectations and motivations. Moreover, instead of asking pointed, direct and difficult questions TO EACH OTHER, they decided to make assumptions based on what they think are facts or whatever second-hand knowledge they have come across. Although, I guess, in the setting of the story, a noble couple sitting down to talk about their marital issues (you know, the messy emotional stuff) is quite unheard of. The fact that it's a political marriage and they were both too young when they married did nothing to make the situation better. Moreover, the misogynistic undertone (Vincente being surprised that his mom is actually knows a certain language; how both Harsen and Vincente think Ercella's a breakable piece of glass), exacerbates the problematic situation.

18. roselyle

roselyle New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can you please tell us who is Juan in ercella's life? Is he the 2nd lead man?

Bawangmerah likes this.
  19. ChiZuki

ChiZuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm really thankful for those who posted spoilers. Now I can peacefully have some sleep after that rollercoaster of emotions in reading.

I admire the writer in creating this story coz some men aren't aware but women, specially those who are pregnant and just gave birth have this depression tendencies.
    I like how the writer created situations that would build up to the destruction for the mental health of the FL until she died.

Though the ML and FL likes each other the idea of political benefits became their wall of not fully believing each other's love.

Added the fact of how each of them had someone as first marriage proposal before ending up with each other.
    What the other guy told to FL about ML having the princess as first marriage candidate planted doubt and fear that blooms during ML's absence after FL got pregnant. And how FL's sentence as "best choice" that she constantly says eventually breaks the ML's hope for her to love him.

Would love to know what's their seconds' child's name would be.

TrinaAngel, Neyva, liriope and 4 others like this.
  20. Hailtotheking

Hailtotheking Active Member

Reading List:
    Link