Spoiler I Swear I Won’t Bother You Again!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Nuzlocke

Nuzlocke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like the author wanted to make a story where Vio, having gotten a second chance, decides to just get away from it all. However, her new docile personality has a butterfly effect. She no longer acts in a way that benefits crap!dad, her non-interest attracts crap!prince, her neutrality attracts MJ who mistakes it for acceptance, and she's much more open to her bff, which causes them to grow closer.

The story's biggest problem is execution. Everyone here (the story) is selfish though lol, there's no denying that. I'm only here to see it through to the end XD

Creolenerd, Khadz and Furiae19 like this.
  2. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with what u said about violet. When someone like that is reincarnated, u come to ask yourself if she really is worthy of a second life and a second chance simply because she suffered. Note, not every person get to relieve their life. But then when u ask yourself, would the story be better if MJ was the one who reincarnated, the answer is maybe or maybe not. It had to be her who relives her life so the father can be punished otherwise if it were MJ the dad would be seen as in the right. It would have been better if violet didn't try to kill her sister in first timeline. I still cannot forgive her for this. But on a good note, the 2nd chance was well-taken as she is no longer the same as in 1st timeline.

The thing is that it's difficult to understand why she had a change of personality as none of us has faced death and been reborn. My way of trying to understand her change is that death is the most scary thing a person can actually suffer from. She was also in a prison for a while which gave her time to think about her acts. From what I understand violet doesn't have emotions towards her family. She is broken inside. She is merely existing not living. In a way death might have been an end to her sufferings but instead she found herself reliving her nightmare. A second change at life for violet is simultaneously a blessing and a curse.

comeetomama and Tt123 like this.
  3. comeetomama

comeetomama half emo girl from hell because angels sucks

Reading List:
    Link
    you may be right. Prison can change someones mind but its still looks like fake. Author really didnt give them a personality. They feels so unrealistic. (i am talking about the characters in the book)

Khadz likes this.
  4. MangoSlushiee

MangoSlushiee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_catflip:I feel like I’m in too deep into this novel, and reading the mtl has also turned my brain to mush so please feel free correct me if I’m wrong in any of my assumptions.

I have a couple of issues with the novel, because they feel like giant plot holes.

Vio is super unrealistic for someone who was driven insane with rage and despair to the point of murdering someone. I also cannot understand how someone that far gone would come back yahoo let’s become a nun! She is melancholic and definitely has her moments of instability, but the fact that she can even stomach her sister’s existence in her home is so off to me.

Sister: I’m one of the people who really dislike the sister, and honestly it’s because her ignorance to certain things just seem impossible.

How is she completely unaware of the situation at home? Is she completely blind to the fact that clearly her sister hasn’t been living with her for most of her life, has a higher status than her, and has a different mother from her?!

The fact that she has a different mother directly implies that their father has cheated on Vio’s mother.

Why for the love of god would Vio be happy to see her father prance in with his mistress and daughter after her mother’s death.
    This is honestly the only thing that really frustrates me, because it feels like the sister is oblivious to the fact that her father had committed adultery. And correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t she move in soon after Vio’s mother’s death? How does she think it’s okay for the daughter of the mistress to stick to a girl who just lost her mother?

And then apparently everyone in high society was having trouble accepting the sister and her mother... so how the heck is the prince surprised to hear about how similar Vio’s situation is to his and Yulian’s?
    As the prince shouldn’t he already be aware of this?

And again just the lack of sympathy for the fact that vio has to suddenly accommodate to her father’s mistress and daughter living in her deceased mother’s home drives me nuts. It’s so ridiculous where the criticism against the sister’s status occurs randomly, but is also something that a character like the prince of his aids fail to realise. (Well unless yulian spells it out for them:blob_catflip: )

Creolenerd, Khadz, WinnieS and 3 others like this.
  5. Geedi

Geedi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Has the novel ended yet all i want is the crappy dad to pay hard

DOHere likes this.
  6. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    Vio was locked up for a while before coming back, so she had time to cool off. Her not being able to stomach her sister also makes sense when you consider the fact that Crap!dad left Vio and her mother, spawned another child, and gives said child all the love he never spared her when he returns to Vio's home AFTER her mother dies and starts running the place.

Add on said spawn actually being a good person, so hating her makes Vio the bad guy, but liking her is too disgusting to even consider. What's worse is that said spawn can't take a hint unless it's literally shoved in her face, so Vio can't even get some space. Then Crap!dad starts demanding that Vio go out of her way to make his spawn feel at home. It's just seems like the author created a ton of problems without considering the logic behind it.

I mean, just thinking about these strange set of circumstances makes you go: "huh?"

Vio's the heir. Her father left and only came back after her mom died. He brought his new family with him and started acting like they were equal to Vio in standing. Her Grandpa's in charge. Crap!dad, despite having 0 claim, still treats Vio like crap....

Like... Is everyone here inbred? There's no way the grandpa didn't know her father left. How'd he even come back? We know the why, but it seems like Vio's grandfather literally let him take the reins (despite the fact that he left his daughter for a good number of years and only came back with his first wife died)

The entire premise is just full of cracks, like the author wrote angst for angst sake. Even timeline 1 doesn't make any sense! Anyone with half a brain cell would have been able to tell what was happening with Vio's family straight away. Hell, Claudia's attendant F*CKING KNEW!

Yet, somehow, Vio ends up being locked up like she's the root of all evil? That's it. I know they don't care much about mental health in the stone age, but you'd think her grandfather would try and preserve the goods so to speak? After all, MJ's family are literally mudbloods. Then again, considering the fact that their royal family seems to have the wisdom of a brick, I'm not surprised.

No, the problem has never been MJ. The author is just a poor writer who created an interesting idea.

Sorry about the length of this reply btw

7. psychofreak

psychofreak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this story still on going? Is there any indication how far along the story is? Like number of chapters/titles at least?

8. MangoSlushiee

MangoSlushiee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This omg!
    The entire premise stems on unnecessary angst. If her grandfather had been ill or something maybe, but how the heck did he not think about who would take care of Vio once mom wasn’t there. There was a funeral (I’m assuming cuz otherwise Wtf), did he not attend his daughters funeral and notice how the father isn’t there lmao?
    And the prince is ridiculous.
    Honestly the plot here is so ridiculous that it feels like one of those stories where someone transmigrates into and ‘fixes’ the story.

9. tamakosan

tamakosan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What are you expect from JP novel.

10. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    Might wanna rephrase that.

A good chunk of JP novels are actually good.

Using the term webnovel might be more appropriate lol

11. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it is so filled blatant racism it is not funny.
    This part is so true it is not funny, it holds for every medium of entertainment including movies, TV, novels, etc. Most are unmitigated crap, like almost all Reality TV, but there is good and quality mixed in to every type/genre/etc. You just need to approach them with a non-bigoted mindset, and ask if you a or even resemble the target audience. (I do not read Chinese novels as I am not the target audience, or resembel the target audience, but I do not go around making derogatory statements about them, they are just not my cup of Orange Pekoe)
    Webnovels do tend to have lower standards, and so many moochers only have experience with them since they are only getting what is free and webnovels are freely avaliable which is also a part of why so many translators take them over actual published works, but there are still good stories that are published as webnovels.

Nuzlocke likes this.
  12. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    Like Re:Zero lol

13. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True all the characters in the novel feels very unrealistic. The father who is such a crap yet surprisingly isn't rejected from society. The mistress has too little screen time to judge her. Violet too who in first timeline felt like a crazy person and yet I don't understand why it had to be a redemption novel when a revenge one would have suited her more when considering how much she suffered because of those parents. The crazy mother who beats her child yet no servants have ever interfered and even society is unaware of what she went though which is strange since news tend to travel easily. The most unrealistic person is MJ is is so pure and innocent that it doesn't fit at all. She can't see, hear or comprehend situations on her own yet miraculously is a genius in class. Everytime I try to understand her but it's so damn hard. XD! No matter what kind of personality, the author wanted to portray, it came totally wrong because of the unnecessary dramas and dragging of situation which in normal cases would have been easily resolved with some humiliation, face slapping, a court, a judge and courage from violet. I can't comprehend how a commoner can enter the mansion of his dead Duchess wife and behave as if the property and everything is rightfully his and that of his just brought in 2nd family who are also commoners. Have they no common sense? Where is violets relatives who can throw them out?

LOL! If I continue with everything that's wrong in the novel this will end in an essay. :blobjoy:

krale_, WinnieS and rock.doll like this.
  14. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed. A proper execution of things would have made MJ look like janette from who made me a princess. A proper execution would have made her truly seem innocent and naive. Take for example Janette from WMMP, she is naive and very innocent but also intelligent (but not a Jenius because jeniuses tend to look at things in a different manner, in a more factual manner). If MJ was average in her studies, her innocent personality would have been much more acceptable. For violet, a proper execution would have made her look more mature instead of a pushover. I truly think the killing the sister was absolutely unnecessary too. The father is a specimen of nature. Lol! He should have been made more relatable rather than a villain here in the story just because the story needs someone to be executed or exiled at the end

15. Y3LL0W

Y3LL0W Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been trying to read spoilers through this mess of threads but all I see is discussions and arguing of x and x because of x and so on. @_@ I would just like to know if Marin and Vio get any fluffy moments? Knowing that she'll probably not be a love interest.;; If so would you kindly redirect me to the chapter spoiler? Thank you! m(_ _)m I've tried reading through this thread through the spoilers ump throughs but all I get are sometimes broken spoilers and some other discussions that confuse me where the story is going.

16. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah thing is people still hate jeannete too. Just face it bruh. Some people will hate a side hate female character no matter what she does (unless she only lives for the MC and has no life of her own like the maid does)

Khadz, Furiae19, DOHere and 1 other person like this.
  17. Zyphera

Zyphera Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't dislike characters like MJ for being female. I dislike them for being ignorant. They don't understand that their actions have consequences and, more often than not, a lot of people besides themselves suffer from their choices. This doesn't just imply to female characters. I've disliked quite a few male characters because of their plain ignorance towards others. It's like they expect the world to be this perfect place that caters to their every whim and desire, which is such a naive and unrealistic concept. I don't particularly blame MJ for being the way she is; she is a product of her upbringing, but some how that just makes me dislike her more since we all know how Vio was raised.

I hate how authors try to pit woman against each other. It makes me annoyed because not all woman fight each other over such mundane things. There's more than just one man in the world, yet authors insist that every single female fall for the ML and fight the FL for him. Not all women want to be homewreckers who make a habit of stealing taken men, that sort of behaviour disgusts me just thinking about it.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  18. windtear

windtear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Long answer short: no, no fluffy moments, sadly. Violette is too apathetic and straight to see Marin's feelings. True fact: if you are straight or mostly straight and haven't previously encountered obviously gay things, like two girls kissing, you generally don't think of or see the gay option/s. Violette might or might not welcome Marin's feelings, but because she's only seen straight stuff all her life, until and unless Marin flat-out confesses, she won't even get an inkling of Marin's heart.

And I don't think anyone knows where the story is going, least of all the author.

kawaii12345 likes this.
  19. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember when the word villaness meant soemthing besides fighting over a mediocre dudes dick and cat fights . Curse you villaness isekais

Creolenerd, miso_soup, Khadz and 4 others like this.
  20. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    Right.

They were the bitch that always got in the way.

Then Maleficent happened and suddenly people cared about their perspectives lol

The main flaw is that, usually, the villainess had it coming.
    Technically they do, but as always Crap!dad fucks it up.

This thread also doubles as a discussion though so... Not sure what you were expecting. The first page should have some bookmarks.
    What's wrong with just admitting it though lol

You can hate side characters just because you hate'em. No need to try to justify it with flimsy excuses XD

Creolenerd likes this.