LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. blue skywolf

blue skywolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On a side note I have been thinking on Duke Alcrem and why his family hated Vidas races so much. I know that a princess was suposidly killed by a gang of Vidas races but I wounder if in fact it was a setup by Aldas faction at the time since members of Vidas races were being placed in powerful positions. I think it would of been easy for them to do so. Step one buy up slaves of Vidas races. Step two set up ambush for princess using slaves as scapegoats. Step three make sure all slaves guards and princess are killed. Step four erase all evidence of Aldas factions involvement. Step five insite a crusade against all Vidas races and call it justice. These are my thoughts and if true i hope Van can bring it to light with his ability to see and conmunicate with souls. FYI I do not read raws this is all speculation on my part.

2. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay
    In their words they say that they were other times and the concept of relationships was of another type, but that is usually an excuse when things are already done (that is to say, theoretically it is not like that). About relationships, it seems that things like marriage were invented after the war, but it seems that some took relationships very seriously

Does anyone know a voice that is more or less the equivalent of Vandeliu's flat voice?

3. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ben Stein?????

Eddy andres and lordtalon like this.
  4. ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Neiden

Neiden Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait what?
    What?
    WHAT?

Well, here's one more argument that blood sacrifices work.

6. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i do not remember who arthur is.

7. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    should be the first time he and his group were mentiond

8. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Might be one of the heroes, like the guard that was granted that spear...I can't remember that guy's name either, and he had a whole chapter, I think.

9. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow~!
    Whose birthday is it?
    2 chaptes so fast?

magecraft_unleashed likes this.
  10. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the next one is already over 50% translated

11. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is another, because the one you mention is in one of the vassal nations of Amid

12. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    What's the relationship between boats and curry? Google doesn't seem to know either :confused:
    The goddess they are looking for is Botin right? I vaguely remember the water goddess telling her brother she wouldn't move for now but would let Van search for the last sibling. Is Alda guarding her resting place or does he not know where she is sleeping? If he's watching over her, we will get an epic fight, that would be great.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  13. Jay Corridor

Jay Corridor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think someone mentioned earlier it was the earth goddess that was sealed by someone in the demon lord camp. Don't know quite how accurate that is, but I'm at least sure it isn't the water goddess due to her being thought of as 'asleep' rather than sealed.

14. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading Kancolle manga tells me during WW2 curry was served on Fridays to the IJN. Only thing I can think of

Baldingere likes this.
  15. adrianvs

adrianvs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Vida bless you

16. Legowaffles

Legowaffles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Random thought. Bets that when Bellwood finally wakes up, he replaces Alda for being ineffective?

17. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It be really cool of Bellwood if he backstabbed Alda to become the "King of the Gods". Though I don't know how that would happen, since Bellwood doesn't have to power to destroy, absorb, or seal Alda.
    …Maybe Bellwood somehow persuades Alda to give away his ability to punish others to him?

18. Legowaffles

Legowaffles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bellwood was clearly never wrong before. Based purely on that, I could see him easily convincing Alda. The question is then. . . What happens to Alda?

19. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He gets to live out his dream job of Bellwoods Fluffer???

The Godly Aeolus likes this.
  20. The Godly Aeolus

The Godly Aeolus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know something? That might be better for Lambda as a whole; mainly, it'd be a job that Alda doesn't absolutely suck at doing!

Consider that Alda has had 100,000 Lambdan years--give or take a decade or so--to prove his abilities in his ACTUAL occupations: Chief Deity of Lambda, the God of Law and Justice, the God of Light, and the God of Life. I'll examine his job performance in each role individually.

He is woefully incompetent as a God of Life, enough so that he could probably pass that authority on to someone else completely and nobody would notice a difference.

He is objectively terrible at being a God of Law and Justice since his idea of "law and justice" has functionally devolved into "I am the law! How dare you defy me!" in the absence of any other Great Gods to keep him in line. It'd be one thing if his only real job was to use the Stakes of Law to enforce the rules of the Gods, but his competence tanked after he also started making those rules he needs to enforce. Furthermore, his willingness to enforce his own laws seems to have become highly dependent on whether or not any violations of said laws directly inconvenience him and his authority.

While he could be worse as the Chief Deity of Lambda--which is fortunate considering that nobody else could take on that role--Alda could also stand to take some leadership classes. For starters, his ability to operate and make critical decisions while under intense pressure is only marginally better than that of Rodecorte; this is a very, VERY low bar. Similarly, Alda is only marginally more capable than Rodecorte of empathizing with and understanding the thoughts, feelings, and motivations of others; he is genuinely befuddled by the fact that anyone could ever have an opinion that differs from his own, and he has an unfortunate tendency to pick some real tools to be his Heroic Gods--case in point, Fitun.

The only divine authority that Alda has which he actually shows competence in is as the God of Light, and that is because this job entails him sitting around and existing, and doing absolutely nothing else with this power. The ONE TIME he actually uses his ability as the God of Light, he unleashed a horde of Demon King Fragments from their seals.

Alda would be a more capable hamburger flipper than an actual God with actual responsibilities.