Recommendations ANTHING (ARC, SHORTSTORY, BOOK) ABOUT WARLORD ERA ROMANCE

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by DeyDey, Feb 9, 2021.

1. DeyDey

DeyDey An Old-Hearted Lady

Reading List:
    Link
    I am quite hopeless about this one theme. Almost all the story about warlord era that I read is from arcs in QT. No problem, I want to trace all of them again. I don't know much about China history but based on the arcs that I read, that is something like this:

1) The original is a student abroad. He from a big family in China and already has a wife. In the original story, MC falls in love with his teacher's daughter and looks down on his wife as a woman from the backyard (not educated). His teacher's daughter turns him down and he comes back to China heartbroken. He thought that he is a scholar, he is superior in his merchant family, and write in the newspaper about persued true love. He neglects and divorced his wife. In the end, his family collapsed and he becomes poor and useless, the only thing about love. MC comes to when he did not yet confess to his teacher's daughter. He comes to his teacher and says that he wants to back to China. He writes a patriotic essay in a newspaper and becomes famous. When an army from another city wants to attack his city, he becomes a strategist to protect his city and draw attention from the current warlord. In the end, he becomes the first general and his love story with his wife becomes a legend.

2) MC transmigrated to a woman whose husband falls in love with an opera singer. She divorced his husband, and start to send articles about woman's life to a newspaper. Her article becomes famous and she also draws some qipao modification designs that attract people's attention. ML is the warlord's son. In the end, the original husband regrets leaving MC, MC becomes a feminist figure, and marries ML.

These are some examples of the theme that I mean. I don't really expect a story in this theme, an arc in QT already makes me happy. I will also very happy if you can give me a raw link if the book wasn't in NU yet (I don't mind to do mtl). In short, I accept any kind of story in this background theme (y).

P.s : I prefer BxG, no harem, no tragedy, and hopefully a good review. Thank you!:):):)

northerner likes this.
  2. 12

12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    DeyDey likes this.
  3. DeyDey

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I think this kind of warlords. Thank you so much. But I don't want the tragic one. Those whose you mention is a very good story but so much angst that my little heart can't bear it. I think I can only accept stories without a "tragedy" tag on them.:sushi_dead::sushi_dead::sushi_dead:
    Still, thank you so much :)

12 likes this.
  4. 12

12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No worries! I missed out on the bit where you said no tragedy tag, oops. Hope you find something you like! :)

DeyDey likes this.
  5. DeyDey

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much!:aww::aww: