Recommendations Adventure novel with normal MC

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by eithanf, Feb 10, 2021.

1. eithanf

eithanf Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am looking for an adventure novel (no slice of life), preferably western medieval fantasy setting, but honestly can be anything. No comedy, doesn't have to be dark or super serious but I find most comedy novels to be more stupid then funny to my taste.

My main issue with most of the novels I read is that I dislike the MC, either wimpy beta that needs to be reverse-raped to get a hint or a cold cultivator that doesn't care about anything but cultivation. MC doesn't have to be some heroic figure, or even good, but has to be good to the people important to him (like in first order for example).

Another thing is romance/harem: I have no issue with harem (but not really looking for it) but I dislike novels such as smartphone where the harem members feel like collectables. Also no rom-com parts like in Arifureta (which if you take that part out is not too bad). Also no dense MC or some virgin surrounded by beauties in love with him without doing anything. I am ok with no romance, but why all the pointless teasing? If there is no romance then why is the MC pointlessly loved by so many beautiful women all the time?

Last thing is that the MC needs to be smart, or at least not stupid. Doesn't have to be some mastermind (but would be nice) but should be at least competent. If he has other issue like pervert or cringy it can be ok if there is some progress and he improves like in Re:zero or Mushoku Tensei.

Novels that I liked:
    - Mushoku Tensei
    - Overlord
    - Faraway paladin
    - The First Order (at least up to some point where the plot became senseless in my view)
    - Release that Witch
    - Solo Leveling
    - Re:zero
    - Lord of Mysteries

Thanks!

2. ANP008

ANP008 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're okay with female MC, then I recommend Azarinth Healer.
    The MC is strong but not OP, a good person but not wimpy, there's already 600+ chapters and no romance so far but there are some casual s*x.

djsosonut likes this.
  3. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Rll beware of the chicken should be fine.
    Legend of the Sun Knight doesn't exactly have a normal mc, but still is as you described what you wanted
    Broke mercenary - not full title, but should be easy to find

4. djsosonut

djsosonut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. PeepoMrFool

PeepoMrFool Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kingdom's Bloodline
    Mother of Learning
    Sevens

6. eithanf

eithanf Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the suggestions! I read mother of learning and it was one of the best (should be on the list but I forgot about it)! Will try the other novels you all suggested

7. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link