Spoiler Overgeared

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Midnight Rain, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Saltmaster64

Saltmaster64 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn’t think of it that way. But why would zeratul let bentao, who sympathized with the malignant saints, reside at his ruins, even if it’s only as an illusion? Also, wasn’t his test about whether grid and his companions would become zeratul’s followers, and not baal’s?

2. Aristes

Aristes [Archiver of idea], [Harbinger of the Fall]

Reading List:
    Link
    I only remember that Grid and his group along with the dukes were summoned into a peach blossom peak/garden and Bentao tell them something, which I forgot what it was, though at the end of their meeting. A voice said that Bentao was killed by Baal.

3. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, just re-read 1035, it was said that Bentao was a half-god that wander as clown to track and hunt down those who were 'misguided' by the 7 malignant saints.
    But in his journey to find them, he instead learns the truth that the 7 malignant saints were not evil.
    He offer class change into Zeratul's follower because he seek to test how stern man's determination in the face of tenptation for power was. When they reject, he claimed that once the ruins were opened he was worried that someone whould ruin the aesthetic of the ruins (probably to erase the evidence of Zeratul's misconduct).

4. LordDanny

LordDanny 《Duke of Chaos》

Reading List:
    Link
    There is also the [Vicious Black Tortoise Thorn with the Blood of the Blood King] which Grid created for Laden. It is a Legendary (Growth) Rated Item. Grid also has 4 Legendary (Growth) Rated [Mjolnir - Human World Version]. For more information, see the Production Method: Mjolnir - Human World Version (Production Method).

In my perception, currently, if Grid creates anything from Myth-rated Resources such as Adamantium, Sacred Creatures Breaths, and etc; at that time if those Items are Growth Type Items, then they would have a chance to become Myth Items. Materials and Skills are very important in Blacksmithing or any Production Field of Occupation, and Grid has both of them. So why can't the Items created by this combination grow up to Myths?!

The First Generation of God Hands, which was made out of Pavranium while having the Soul of Dwarf Empress Maribel, had an interesting phrase attached to its Description: "An item born from the intervention of three Legends, it has the ability to Transcend a Divine Item."

The Divine Item seems like the higher version of Myth Rating. However, it very well may be referring to the Items used by Gods.

There is also an interesting phrase from Chapter 1374, a Quote of Hayate: “Yes. You haven’t evolved into the race called a god yet. If the people’s aspirations pile up and accumulate, you will become a god killer before becoming a complete god... you will evolve into an absolute being with divine status. You aren’t at a stage to worry about your relationship with Chiyou.”

It seems like Divine Status is higher than Myth Status. You can acquire this once you become a Complete God. Although, Grid is a True God (God born from People's Aspirations), but he is still a 'Baby God'—he was referred to as such by Nefelina. It seems like Grid would evolve into a Complete God (Race) with the passage of time. This might also make us understand 'why Grid was called a Baby God by Nefelina' and 'why the Title: [Son of Overgeared God] was described so unusually?' This may also be a reason why 7 Deified Yangbans like Garam may call themselves 'Gods' because they are Deified by People even though they aren't True Gods.

Maybe a part of Complete God can make you a Half-God by Status. This may be a reason why he was called a Half-God and Overgeared God by the 12 Zodiacs because he had [Red Phoenix's 9th Heart]. Well, this may also give someone a Status of Daoist or Daoist Immortal. Who knows if Lord can get Blood Transfusion or something else from Grid when the later becomes a God?!

If a God (By Status) accumulates Faith/Deity/Divinity very rapidly before the Racial Evolution to God is completed, then he might able to become an Absolute (God Killer as well as a God eventually) with the Divine Status (A Status higher than Myth). At this kind of Status, you would be able to use your Divine Power freely like other Complete Gods, I suppose.

Well, whatever the case may be, I think a Rating higher than Myth, Divine Rating, exists and it is only for the Complete Gods and their related Things, not Dragons or anyone else. However, in Satisfy, Rating isn't the only criteria to show someone's Power. [Sword Guarding the Graves] (Legendary-rated, now Myth-rated after Grid's 9th Epic) is more powerful than many Myth-rated Swords of Grid. Similarly, Adult Dragons are more Powerful than many Complete Gods. A Normal Myth can't even be compared to the Dragons even though they are Mythical Creatures. Maybe there were some Gods from the Dragon Race initially, but they should be indifferent to the current World. Who knows?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  5. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We don't know how that's possible but I doubt something sinister is afoot here. We can speculate though. One option is he left a recording. This is possible but it's hard to explain how Bentao could answer to Grid's question (and react to him) or take him to the Peach Blossom Spring. The more likely possibility is that it was just part of Bentao's ego. We know one person under Baal's (or his contractor's) control who could do something like this and that's Madra. Part of his ego resided in the old sheath he had used even when he was still a death knight. Oasis' quest had begun before Grid cleared Behen Archipelago. This explanation is more likely to be the case since there is a precedent and it can explain how Bentao could reply to Grid's question. We know that Bentao's body is still with Baal or Agnus since Rune of Death's usage condition is "When you take the body of a named person or monster and make it your own". If Agnus can use the death knights of both Lantier and Bentao in the future, that's pretty op.

@LordDanny Divine rating can exist but I doubt it will, especially as a separate category (it might refer to a sub-category of mythical items such as mythical transcendent items created by a God or demigod). Given our current knowledge, the we should understand the quotes you mentioned as items made by a God or demigod, items that contain divine power/damage and/or items that are used by the gods as you stated. It can even just refer to items that use by-products of Gods. Also there is this statement from C.1186: "Mythical beings couldn’t be killed in ordinary ways. Just like the hydra, they were immortal unless a unique attack strategy was discovered or the people’s belief in them was destroyed". For the god Red Phoenix, this requires getting rid of the single digit hearts and for Hexetia this requires him to be forgotten. Chances are, divine status is as I said a sub-category of mythical rated and we don't have enough to make it an official category either. Hayate said “A dragon is a species that has existed since the chaos of the beginning and the species itself is the same as a god" so I doubt even their status is lower than that of a God except Chiyou.

I wonder why demons or other species did not create their own Chiyou. Why are humans to special in the worlview? I understand humans are the species with most varied needs but surely all demons and demonkin crave power. Maybe they are associating Yatan with their power?

Lmaster likes this.
  6. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe because they have long forgot about the east continent? I mean ever since the auspicious beasts were sealed in their weapon form, it was said that the Yangbans used their remains to seal all entrance the leads to hell, with this maybe after a long time they soon forgot, and it was also because the Chiyou might have moved to the east with the yangbans and the five seniors, so he was like a new figure to them.
    I found this impossible since, Andresas (whatever he was) saw Grid was in flame as god, so this led me to nothing at all...

7. ShadsterWolf

ShadsterWolf [ God Grid's Apostle ]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think Chiyou is Martial god only for human... I think he was born out of the wishes of all the sentient species who wanted power and protection..
    I guess its the same for all other gods as well... like maybe if some demon in hell was a blacksmith as good as Grid, the old Hexatia would have cursed him as well.. or would have been jealous..

8. dereonlad

dereonlad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is Baal equal to the archangels and Zeratul or below?

He's below the big three gods, Chiyou and presumably Hayate considering he thinks of Baal as a prankster.

That only leaves out the martial god and the Archangels who are the real force.

Still this is great, Agnus has always been the most compelling character in this novel. Grid would be crazy not to put a hit on Agnus.

9. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Permisi 'Newbie' bahasa internasional tolong. And, yes, the wait is quite agonizing...

10. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe Agnus will eventually became more sociable, that S.A group will offer him to become a demon king...

11. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably, he's been more of a punch bag than Zibal for the past couple hundred chapters so I could see it happening.

It would also be great motivation for the competitors because they finally get a chance to put Agnus in his place without potentially losing levels and items.

12. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Though I hope his image will change from psychopath into something much better. I mean we saw Drasion who was 11th great demon were revealed as an archangel, someone save him...

13. LordDanny

LordDanny 《Duke of Chaos》

Reading List:
    Link
    According to me, Baal should be less powerful than 3 Absolute Gods, Chiyou, Adult Dragons, Hayate, and possibly Archangel Raphael/Lifael as well. Although, he might not be able to win against these guy one vs one battle, but he can certainly fight against some of them.

As stated in the latest Chapter, Yatan couldn't kill Shizo Beriache despite being an Absolute God! And yeah, maybe top 3 Great Demons are comparable to the Power Level of Gods.

I would say that Archangels aren't much of a threat if they don't form Trinity. Like Great Demons, they also get debuffed when they come to Earth. The only problem should be Archangel Lifael/Raphael. It has to be noted that Power Gap between the Archangels is big compared to Great Demon's Power Gap because the former are 7 in No. while the later are 33 in No.

All Fallen Angels should also be included in Grid's forces previous to the actual fight. However, what if the Fallen Angels, unlike Sariel, are really Fallen and can't become good Archangels like Sariel again? That would be a very bad situation to handle.

14. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    The only threats to humanity are the great demons and now the gods. He's on record as saying he'll join forces in the next demon summoning, but that idea went away.

The yangbans aren't really a threat to humanity and even if a dragon became active, it's nigh impossible to be hostile to a dragon, the absolute race on Satisfy.

Unless he stops a god or archangel descends and tries to wipe out a city, creates a massive guild or unlocks a new race or class for general users, I don't see his image being more than a mad dog.

But he can gain the reputation of a demon king in Satisfy.

15. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    If Rebecca can instant resurrect Archangels and send them down to Earth wouldn't that be a massive advantage against Baal. Although Yatan probably has a contingency plan in case Baal is offed.

Perhaps if Baal is killed it proves humanity has developed to a level they need to be destroyed and restart the planet yet again.

16. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    I once play Yggdrasil union and when I slew the archangel of the final boss, I got into a bad ending where humanity soon have to face the gods...
    So you might be correct though...

dereonlad likes this.
  17. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, what I asked was for someone, for damnable sake, stop seeing him as psychopath. I mean basically all the damages he caused were all related to actions that offend him in someways, Berith raid. Some idiots were easily bought to help Yatan church by bullying Agnus to pay the reparation for his PKs, which was funny since PK is way to fight for self esteem and satisfaction of reasonable defense.
    The Violet kingdom execution where Agnus was hold trial, the whole mass of simple minded players were all out to sate their need of bloodlust even if it were to kill one innocent man that in their eyes were nothing but a monster.
    I ask this because we see how far Agnus developed since he creates Luna, and lose her... someone has to save him, in the end I hope...

dereonlad likes this.