Chinese Snow Sword Stride - 雪中悍刀行

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by WesY2K, Feb 10, 2021.

1. WesY2K

WesY2K Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Snow Sword Stride - 雪中悍刀行
    Raw Link: https://tw.hjwzw.com/Book/Chapter/30944
    NU Link: not translated
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: This is a big hit in China and the upcoming series of this looked really exciting.

SYNOPSIS
    About a young master named Xu Feng Nian who under the eager expectation of his father Xu Xiao persevered through hardships and growth to become the King of Northern Liang. Although the road was long and obstructive, and filled with ruthless murderous intentions, Xu Feng Nian constantly improves his martial arts skills, and he gathered many crucial people during this journey. He led the Beiliang cavalry to fight against Beimang at the time of the Beimang invasion and become the beacon of hope in the Central Plains.

2. Guan Zhong

Guan Zhong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol does this have anything to do with my recent tweet?

anyways, here's the official zongheng link to the raws: http://book.zongheng.com/book/189169.html

They recommended this along with some others (like Sword Dynasty) to Wuxiaworld back in 2017 I think it was, but alas no translator picked it up. To put in perspective how popular it is, it began in 2012, finished in 2017 including the side stories, and as of today it is STILL #12 on Zongheng's daily bestseller list.

Astaroth likes this.
  3. All The Wrong Novels

All The Wrong Novels Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It feels like this and 剑来 by the same author are the two untranslated series I keep hearing about. Gotta learn Chinese faster to get to reading these and other stuff.

4. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This sounds pretty cool! I'll have to check it out one of these days.

This really goes to show how huge the disconnect is between what's popular in China and what's popular on NU (and similar sites)!

5. Wu Jizun

Wu Jizun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I beg to differ. 剑来 is virtually an exception to the trend. The most popular series out there are still very close to what's most popular in the English-reading community.

剑来 takes some serious proficiency of the language and patience to savour.

All The Wrong Novels likes this.
  6. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For the absolute most popular books, I suspect you're right. However, there are tons of popular historical and war novels and these are basically unknown among English readers. You'll also be hard pressed to find Chinese readers who have no idea what wuxia is.

Wu Jizun likes this.
  7. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhh i just checked out the novel. the words seem a bit easy for google translator to pick up (as far as I read). Although awkward, if you really love it and just want to read the plot, you can suck it up and read the machine translated version lol
    Caution : a few brain cells can be lost and there can be a degradation of your own English haha

8. Victor777

Victor777 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    剑来 is one of the best chinese novel i have read and that also i am reading through google translation. Can you recommend a few good ones which have very good story line and execution of the same genre but it has to be fantasy with cultivation as the main theme??

eg: 赤心巡天 it is also a very good with great story line and world building.

9. G-Tom

G-Tom Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys, I have the intention of picking this novel up but it's kind of odd to see that no one is translating it since it's a popular one. I noticed that there is even a Chinese drama series for this novel. So, is this novel being licensed?

10. Pipipingu

Pipipingu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's really really really difficult to translate. You need a pretty good grasp of both Chinese and English if you want to do a good job with it. If you haven't read the novel and are picking it up purely because it's a "popular one", I'd advise you to steer clear.

11. Aqualistic

Aqualistic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried MTLing this thing, but I could hardly understand anything! It's only for GODS

tabushechka likes this.
  12. Darkness1989

Darkness1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really wish someone good will pick it up. Not because it's popular but because the story seems so intriguing and interesting. Anyone that has read it knows what the ending is like? is it more of a Harem situation or does XFN only marries JN, and does she become the queen of chu and him does he stay the lord of Beilang ?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022