When you can't remember your best friend's name...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ai chan, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    So, a few months ago Ai-chan found out that the company Ai-chan used to work at before went bankrupt. While Ai-chan worked there, Ai-chan was very close to this girl who was so cute and adorable that we eventually became best friends, since Ai-chan is also cute and adorable. Difference was, she looked like a grade schooler and when she let her hair down, she looked really young. So she had a habit of wearing her hair in a bun to make herself look older.

Anyway, Ai-chan lost her phone number and since the company went bankrupt, Ai-chan couldn't just go there to ask to see her. So Ai-chan wanted to find her on facebook. There's just one problem. Ai-chan can't remember her name.

You're probably wondering, "If she was your best friend, how come you can't remember her name?" The reason was because Ai-chan called her with a pet name. Ai-chan called her Loli.

Why Loli? Because she looked like a little girl despite being over 25 years old. She told Ai-chan it was genetic, her mother looked very young too.

Anyway, this means Ai-chan can't look for her, because who would call themselves Loli? Have you had a similar problem as Ai-chan? What should Ai-chan do?

UnGrave likes this.
  2. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, the most obvious lead would be to look more into that company. See if you can find anyone else who worked there and ask them. Perhaps the company had a website with some of their employees written on it. I can't say I have much experience in forgetting friends, but I'm fairly confident in my ability to find someone based on very little information.

Also maybe check any emails you got while working there. If there was an email sent out to a lot of people, you might find their name in the list.

3. bigteddybear

bigteddybear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    poor ai-chan.. ((´д`))

Get Nepped and Ai chan like this.
  4. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't tell me she's not on your friends list on Facebook?

Ai chan likes this.
  5. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    How about calling on several acquaintance from the previous company? Or perhaps, if you remember her last position, search in LinkedIn?

Ai chan likes this.
  6. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Obviously change your status on Facebook to "Looking for Loli" and you will reconnect with her. Or make a new police uncle friend.

More seriously, is there a way to search 'worked at xyz' in Facebook? I don't really use it unless I want to get in a fight.

Ai chan, ANonMouse and AliceShiki like this.
  7. Nargol

Nargol Evangelist. Candy-san. Pope of the Cult of Pyoo

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all, repent. Seriously, Ai-chan, the lust I can overlook since it's your nature after all, but this is really mean. Repent! Apologize! But only in your heart, because I think the awkwardness of telling her the truth might actually be more painful than the sin of forgetting.

After that, look up any other friends you have from that company, if any, and check to see if she's in there somewhere. Any mutual friends would probably work too. If you remember where she lives, I would imagine you could find her name in a relevant phone book/phone number website. I'm assuming you'll recognize her name when you see it, because I'm assuming you're not so mean you placed her entire identity in the word "loli".

And if you actually are that mean........ then repent! Repent a billion times! And apologize to Waiwai! You're not worth the cocaine you snort off of her!

8. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Ask around, contact some people of the bankrupt company, who you can still contact. Or check their facebook? I'm sure somehow, someone you know there still knows the loli.

It is paramount that we can find the loli

Ai chan likes this.
  9. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    oh that normal, this cat call other fatty while other call this cat skeleton~ real name? we forget~
    the way we remember other name? phone a friend, yeah it have fifty fifty chance they know who this cat talking about but if ya ask the audience which consists of many friends it quite possibly you pass da one million worth of question.

so which one you will use?

Ai chan likes this.