Recommendations Novel like Shepherding Humanity

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Titan LLS, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Titan LLS

Titan LLS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I finished Shepherding Humanity recently. I was really pleased. It is the first time in years, that I came across a fresh novel concept that was so perfectly done. I really enjoyed it. So much, that I started looking at others like it. IDK if it is because the concept is new, or what. I can't find many like it. Closest I found was
    Game of the World Tree. Now I'm up to date with it. Though it is good too it just does not do it like Shepherding Humanity. Which may really make it as close to perfect for the genre as possible. So I'm just really looking for something close enough at this point.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  2. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just started reading a MTL novel yesterday.

It's about a guy reborn in the body of a crippled noble ( his dad is main military guy of Beiluo city) and he has a system tasking him with uplifting the world's rating. Current world is graded as Low Martial(Wu) level by system.

MC task is changing the rating of the world to Mid, High Wu and later even into an outright Xuanhuan world.

So he has tasks like proliferating spiritual energy ( world already has ordinary qi and blood which composes the inner energy used by martial artists), letting others start wielding magic, planting plants that hog all vitality in the area ( it's kinda creepy, but one flower can drain a section of a peach forest in short time and so completely it becomes dust in the wind, but pay off by making more energy which benefits the world, humans and animals), making mythical beasts out of ordinary ones ( that one's resource intensive, so he just gives some fated chicken farmer a manual for raising phoenixes).

Making completely new ancient legacy places ( cultivator tomb, ancient repository,....) like it's a dungeon design game then making sure people know about it and come and play by the rules ( so it doesn't turn into monopolised place of big armies, but is a genuine place seekers of immortality would walk into), giving people some starter spiritual energy and guiding them ( his own close people, there are also fated people from afar who only see him in their dreams as a faceless immortal guiding them).

As far as the rest of the world is concerned, he is just a cripple blessed with being close to opportunities with capable servants with only a strong repelling power in his repertoire. In reality, the whole thing with cultivation, magic, spirit beasts and plants, "ancient" legacies etc is all his and his system's fault.

At the part I got to, we see factions like in 3 Romance Kingdoms seeking national rule ( tyrants, wannabe emperors, kings ....), spreading their thought school's ideas ( Mohists - machinery, YinYang family alchemy and insects, Beast raising school of thought, Confucianism,.....) and their thinking is small as befitting their regular world rules and time, thinking cultivation and magic is another asset to be absorbed into existing factions because they think of this as merely a new school of thought, when it's the opposite considering the future potential.

So the novel is tled under the name Building The Ultimate Fantasy is you are interested.

3. Titan LLS

Titan LLS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank You, sounds like just what I have been looking for.

4. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Low Dimensional Game
    2. Bloom (RRL)
    3. World Domination System (Webnovels)
    4. Isekai Souzou no Susume ~Smartphone App de Wakusei wo Tsukkushiteshimatta Ore wa Kami Tonari Sekai wo Meguru~

5. SubZero2F2

SubZero2F2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NPC Town-Building Game
    Low Dimension Game
    Shepherding Humanity
    Way of Heaven
    There Was No Secret Organization to Fight with the World’s Darkness so I Made One (In Exasperation)
    The Life of Mt. Hororyuu: The Forefather of all Life and Magic at 4.6 Billion Years Old
    Population Control
    Isekai Souzou no Susume ~Smartphone App de Wakusei wo Tsukkushiteshimatta Ore wa Kami Tonari Sekai wo Meguru~
    Bringing The Farm To Live In Another World
    Building The Ultimate Fantasy
    Game of the World Tree
    Creating a Virtual World
    I Am the God of Games
    Gamers of the Underworld
    4.6 Billion Year Symphony of Evolution
    This Game Is Too Realistic
    The Nebula’s Civilization
    I’m An Interdimensional Login Interface
    I Have A Bunch Of Players On Earth
    I AM GOD! (Qidian)
    I.. am God? (Webnovel)
    I Reincarnated As The Universe (Scribblehub)
    Rebirth Dominator
    The Great Creator
    Original Wizard
    I'm A God In Another World
    My Hair Can Create A Demon Civilisation
    The Breath of Creation (RoyalRoad)
    Colossus Dream (RoyalRoad)
    Apex Predator (RoyalRoad)
    Leaving Earth (RoyalRoad)
    The Dungeon Hive (RoyalRoad)
    Bloom (RoyalRoad)