Spoiler I Want To Become The Emperor, So I Need A Divorce / 이혼해 주세요, 황제가 돼야 해서요

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by -NEAR-, Feb 1, 2021.

1. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-want-to-become-the-emperor-so-i-need-a-divorce/

https://page.kakao.com/home/이혼해-주세요,-황제가-돼야-해서요/56213251

Description:
    Born as an imperial princess, Arnoah was forced to marry a pathetic king from a small neighboring kingdom.
    Her older brother is the emperor, so what is she supposed to do?

“I love you, Larisa.”
    “Larisa is so happy.”

She wondered if her good for nothing husband would die after being assassinated, either because he cheated on his wife or not.

Her big brother is dead.
    Her second brother is also dead.

Then as the next in line to the throne, the emperor will be Arnoa… or not. It’s her s*upid husband.
    Any title she inherits shall be vested to her husband in accordance to their marriage contract.
    She is determined not to let this happen until the day she dies.

“I need to get divorced and become the emperor.”

Her ex-husband doesn’t know anything yet, so she decided to act like a crazy queen.

“Now that I look closely, your face is really unpleasant.”

She said everything she wanted to say to her husband.

“You know how to swim, don’t you? I can’t do it.”

She saw her husband and the woman his concubine near the pond.
    Her goal is to divorce her husband and become the conqueror of the continent.

“If you had waited one more day, the continent would’ve been yours.”

When he realized the truth, it was already too late.
    She spoke to her ex-husband who had his mouth agape.

“I told you to keep your head straight. Didn’t you hear me?”

——————————

Ooohh this looks very promising:cookie:
    Hope there isn't a twist where the trash husband turns out to be the ML:blobtriumph:

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  3. queridamia

queridamia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One would think that after reading countless novels involving royalty, I'd know the difference between an emperor and a king. But I don't. I know it's not spoiler-related but I'd appreciate some enlightenment on the difference between the two, at least in this novel's context

layyu likes this.
  4. bananaanna

bananaanna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Emperor - person who governs over an empire (huge territory, consisting of several countries, reference the roman empire)
    king - person who governs over an kingdom (land from the same region or area, territory size a country(more or less))

5. queridamia

queridamia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you kindly! I guess it's safe to assume then that in the novel the emperor holds more power since the reign is more expansive.

6. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait does she kill her husband?

7. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly she has every right to kill him. he’s a pathetic jerk :blob_thor:
    even if there was some hidden truth behind it.
    but yeah does she really kill him? :blob_catflip:

8. Lilac48

Lilac48 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who's the ML?

9. jajagem

jajagem Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i kinda want the childhood bestfriend, Anakin but i also want the wizard, Bel. i want this to be a reverse harem. LMAO

10. Lilac48

Lilac48 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same. LOL

bleedingliar24 and kjpo34 like this.
  11. kjpo34

kjpo34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tbh it's *mostly* just nomenclature. whatever the novel wants to use. emperor <-> empire; king <-> kingdom. Some novels only have kingdoms, some have "empires," etc. Typically emperor > king, but again depends on the world

camping for ANY spoilers lol

bleedingliar24 and queridamia like this.
  12. manhwaromancelover

manhwaromancelover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    who is the ml? don't tell it is her ex-husband.

13. Elihs

Elihs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    According to some comments in Kakao the ML appears to be the wizard Bel. Though, I wonder if anyone can confirm this?

14. manhwaromancelover

manhwaromancelover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thx for that!

15. kjpo34

kjpo34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on the covers I think so too

Priar and bleedingliar24 like this.
  16. lavidaloca

lavidaloca Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure it's the head of the tower - you can tell based on the story flow. 2nd ML will probably be her friend who sent the tower master to her

17. bibingie

bibingie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can do mtl but only one chapter a day because free chapters daily lol does anyone want me to?

edit: I’m halfway through editing ch 6. I usually only do this for myself so I’m kinda slow. But I’m trying :sweating_profusely:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    SBFan, Leilacus, Mifried and 5 others like this.
  18. bibingie

bibingie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is my first time doing mtl and editing. Please let me know if there are errors. :sweating_profusely:

Some things were too hard to mtl so I tried to word it as best as I could and left out what I couldn't.
    I hope it's easy to understand!

Arnoah felt sorry because his name must have been a precious secret, but she said it out like it was nothing special lol.

A: “Master of the wizard tower Velcari….Bell.”

She continued.

A: “Make a bet with me.”

Arnoah requested with a small smile. She looked at the man in front of her again.

Anakin’s real gift to her was him.

B: “....what do you want?”
    A: “I hate Vainas sitting on the throne.” :blobhero:
    A: “So if I win..”
    B: “.....if you win?

Arnoah let out a quiet breath. She knew what Anakin was suggesting by sending her the strongest wizard in the last 100 years. They knew each other well enough to see into each other’s souls.

A; “.....divorce.”
    A: “I will divorce the King.”

Bell’s beautiful gray eyes widened bigger than before. Arnoah laughed a little. There was nothing else to ponder. There was no other way. No, even if there was another way, why should she do it? During Luciano’s reign as emperor, he locked her up and persecuted her, and during her marriage her stayed silent. Now he's in a mess. Brother couldn’t even protect is own life, let a long run a country. The future of the empire, as well as Arnoah, would be shaken because he died without a successor. Now all the hardships Arnoah has been through came to her mind. Inside a small tower, the fear of seeing the maids who cared for her being taken away one by one for treason, Luciano’s constant nervousness and contempt, Arien’s disregard, Vainas’ mockery, and Count Estea’s assassination attempts. :blobsad:

And if she stays like this, she’ll be Queen of nothing, only in name, by Vainas’ side, continuing to suffer. Arnoah’s hardships would not end. Until she had power in her own hands. I should have realized that, why did it take me so long.

A: “You, the messenger of the empire, please acknowledge me as the Empress.”

When Arnoah’s words ended a heavy silence filled the room.

Arnoah’s smile deeped when she saw Bell, whose eyes had become round. She was reminded of how precious Anakin is. In anticipation of what a friend in distress would decide, he sent one of the strongest allies in the world to her side.

In her mind she's thinking how Anakin is waiting for her, like he's saying to come back as the Emperor.

B: “What a ridiculous suggestion.”

Bell looks at Arnoah like she's crazy haha. He asks her if she knows what he would want since she's bold enough to ask for a bet.

(what is this name tho :blobconfused:)
    Velcarianas Dian Asgar Rupellesion Ferhen Nerdi, he was born with the strongest mana in history, the 26th master of the wizard tower Armaryllis’ son. He is the 37th master of the wizard tower and the head of the Ferhen estate. Although he is a vassal and lord of the empire, the master of the wizard tower is so strong that they are basically independent and even the Emporer can't do anything to his territory. Ferhen is the land of the wizards, it was a land that neither the Emporer nor his army could enter. There was a strong barrier on the boundary and whoever invaded was killed by the MWT (master of the wizard tower), regardless of their status. Arnoah’s uncle, a Duke and general, was a good example. After his death, the Emporer (Arnoah’s grandfather) accepted that there was an area on the continent that they could not control.

Wizards are not seen often. They did not pay taxes and were only faithful to ancient contracts (like the bets). There are a lot of unconfirmed and scary rumors about wizards and it made the regular people wary of them. Among them, the masters of the wizard tower had reputations for the worst personalities.

She doesn't know if it's their bad personalities or because there’s a strong curse/disease on them, but it was rumored that the MoWTs had short lives because of an unknown disease for the past 20 years.

Meanwhile, the 37th MoWT, Bell, was famous for his talent and his viciousness among the other MoWTs. He was a genius who entered the academy at the normal age but finished all his classes by the following year. He could graduate tho because he was using bets to extort wealth, artifacts and even magic itself from the other students (making it hard for those students to be wizards). Eventually he got kicked out and went into hiding.

When he came out of hiding dueled the 27th MoWT. I'm not sure if he did that to join the tower or take over.

Arnoah tells him that he can tell her what he wants, then they could make the bet. He noticed that she had stopped trembling unlike when she first saw him. She looked straight at him and offered her soulstone. It's apparently a really important ingredient for some magic? What's she's offering is the Royal family of Kasion's soulstone.

She could see the desire for the soulstone on his face. It was one of the few things he covets. Soulstones can't be taken forcefully. You have to be given it willingly.

A: "You want it?"
    B: "Do you know how to make it?
    A: "Yes. You take half my life and make it into a pretty jewel."

He was surprised at how she said it like giving up half her life meant nothing. She says that she heard wizards use it in their magic. He's still thinking she's looney at this point. :blobpats:

B: "I can't kill Vainas and make you the Emperor."
    A: "....."
    B: "Do you think the council are idiots? I have magic on me too. A messenger delivering the obituary of the Emperor can't kill the next Emperor, magically harm, or lie. The stakes are good (for the bet), but it’s an unacceptable bet. I bet that can’t be paid doesn’t stand. (He thinks she can’t pay the bet if she loses.)"

A: "Then how about this? There is no time limit on when the next Emperor needs to be informed about the Emperor’s death."
    B: "That’s true. Being a messenger is tiresome so I just wanted to do it quickly. The soonest the King will hear about the death of the Emperor will be in a month. If you take too long you’ll lose."
    A: "Then give me a month. Don’t tell Vainas about Luciano’s death for just one month."
    B: "Why should I do that?"
    A: "In that time I will get a divorce."
    B: "You’re going to get a divorce yourself?"
    A: "That’s right. That’s the bet. If I can get myself divorced and qualify as the Emperor."
    B: "Are you saying that if you can get a divorce within a month you’ll win the bet?"
    A: "Yes. If I don’t I’ll give you half my life (for the soulstone)"

Bell frowned, but Arnoah didn’t seem to care.

A: “If I win, I will be the next Emperor, anyway I’m the one who will declare I’m the Emperor. If I lose the best, you just have to do what you have to do.”
    B: "Doesn’t that mean anything to you?”

She knows she’s betting against the MoWT and he has nothing to lose. Win or lose she’s the only one with some at stake. If she loses he gets her soulstone just for doing the job he was going to do anyway.

A: “It’s meaningful. In order for the bet to be fulfilled you’ll have to delay the delivery of the obituary.”

Bell looked at Arnoah’s face clearly for the first time. There was determination in her blue eyes.

A: “Besides, if you want my soulstone, you have to help me survive until then.”

Arnoah smiled a little and said: “No matter what crazy thing I do.” :blobowoevil_horns:

Bell mumbled to himself, "I got myself caught in some weird plan." :sweating_profusely:

B: "The reason for the best is to eventually make me help you?"

Arnoah nodded proudly. :blobsmilehappyeyes:

Bell slowly closed and opened his eyes and woke up.
    Everything she said was right. :blobxd:

19. athene911

athene911 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    as much as I want her husband dead, It's not worth killing him,, how about he falls over a balcony or something .. a more pathetic humiliating death.

20. marahya

marahya Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thankyouuuu

bibingie likes this.