Discussion A reformed villainess

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Riptide01, Feb 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide01

Riptide01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know what I want to read? A novel about a villainess after the main story where she gets sent to a rehab center. She slowly realizes how naive/delusional she was and actually slowly but surely reforms into a better person. It would be even better if touched upon themes of mental health, such as an anxiety disorder or something. I want to see that juicy growth stuff and for once have the villainess be an actual human being instead of a -100 IQ prop for the heroine.

Then perhaps later on we can get some spicy romance as well with one of the supporting male/female leads. Maybe they used to know the villainess before she went off the deep end and was harboring this crush on them since forever but gave up when she went crazy? Perhaps a second chance type of romance? Or maybe just falling in love with the new her? Think of the possibilities! They could perhaps be the doctor/caretaker who suddenly shows up when the villainess is halfway through her transformation. Make her confront her past and we can have this slow-burn type of romance where both sides are so hesitant and awkward.

Or there could be no romance and we get a slow journey of a woman finding herself and gaining a sort of self-made independence that is not reliant on another's love. Either way would be fine by me.

I just wish happiness for the villainess honestly. I'm just so tired of them not getting any development from them after they are defeated by the main leads. Or if there is a novel focused on the villainess, most of the time they are isekaied so it's not even the "original" soul anymore. Sigh....

This is just a rant really, but I wouldn't mind hearing other people's thoughts about it. I welcome any comments, concerns, criticism, etc.

cupboardbee and Sabruness like this.
  2. Little moon

Little moon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree and suddenly want to read it so please, please let me know if you find something with that concept.

3. bigteddybear

bigteddybear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    same, I love villainess stories! please tag me lol ୧☉□☉୨

4. Nightangle

Nightangle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That Would be a really good read, tag me too when you find something like that..!!

5. M_for_Mary_M_Q

M_for_Mary_M_Q Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One that is somewhat like what you are asking for is Actually I Was The Real One. The main character was not a 100% villain but she was seen as the villain. She was sent back in time to do a redo but it wasn't her who did it and she is not from another world. Then she slowly starts to reform herself because of how she saw things and makes real changes to her life. There are moments of romance but in all honesty romance is not the real focus. It about her finding herself and changing her life and learning how to live.

6. Dragontrainer201

Dragontrainer201 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tearmoon Empire Story
    I Swear I Won’t Bother You Again
    Doctor Elise
    The Villainess Lives Twice

Unlike most villainess stories, these ones actually did fit the definition of villainess in their first life. They are also actually the original villainess and not someone from another world occupying the villainess’s body (Dr. Elise is double reincarnated). They did not betray the original premise by making the original heroine evil (if there even is one) and simply switch the roles around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.