Recommendations Thriller Korean Drama

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by ririri.rishi, Feb 13, 2021.

1. ririri.rishi

ririri.rishi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone recommend me a good Korean Drama with a genre of Thriller, Mystery or Suspense Like Signal, Stranger and Tunnel.
    Thank you in advance (✷‿✷)

kkgoh likes this.
  2. Arisana

Arisana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can only remember Flower of Evil.... and also Strangers from Hell (a bit too dark tho). :blobsmile:

Icypop and ririri.rishi like this.
  3. Glass Shard

Glass Shard 【Fʅσσϝ Hυɳƚҽɾ】【Cαƚ Lσʋҽɾ】【⚓️】

Reading List:
    Link
    Rugal
    Innocent Defendant

ririri.rishi likes this.
  4. amaliajun

amaliajun [Gloomy White Cat]

Reading List:
    Link
    Bad Guys, Cruel City, Hello Monster, Life on Mars, Special Affairs Team TEN, Vampire Prosecutor, Two Weeks, Ghost(some title it Phantom), Train

Not sure if those will satisfy you, but nothing really as good as Signal imo. Maybe try the Chinese adaptation? For me its pretty decent than the Japanese one.

Just look up 'OCN dramas' if those aren't enough btw. That channel have so much crime to mystery related dramas.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    ririri.rishi and Wujigege like this.
  5. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try "Taxi Driver".

Somewhat dark, action crime Kdrama, originally based on a successful dark vigilante webtoon ("Deluxe Taxi", or "Red Cage" for the english version). They appear to have cleaned it up since the webtoon was really morally ambiguous.
    From Wikipedia: The actors' solid acting skills and implementation of vicarious satisfaction justice are gaining popularity with various episodes that create a consensus among viewers.[3][4] The crime phenomenon in the drama is based on the actual heinous crimes committed in Korea.[5]

It's doing impressively well on ratings amongst adults, despite the competition of sappy melodramas and rom-coms.

As of episode 6 (currently up to episode 8), the cases presented are genuinely interesting.
    They all fall into areas of the law -- for both Asian and Western countries -- that have often have little oversight, legal repercussion, or just outright ignored.
    Won't spoil it here, you'll have to watch it yourself.

Summoning @Wujigege , I think he watches a lot of shows and might have more reccs.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    ririri.rishi likes this.
  6. paddokuma

paddokuma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try Mouse drama about psychopath