Spoiler I’m Ready for Divorce/이혼당할 준비 완료했습니다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by flamingorangesoof, Jul 7, 2020.

Tags:
  1. kimberlyt

kimberlyt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Marie left Brian

sovokop, peach.pudin, Mikaa and 4 others like this.
  2. mimij097

mimij097 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can someone tell me how many chapters i have to skip to avoid the annoying idiotic princess part..... and caville being to permissive like is someone annoys you as the owner of the house just tell them to f out... sorry i dont know how the MC deals with all this people.. i was thinking of the novel "I left my husband to do money" the MC should have pulled that

3. Kiro_Kira

Kiro_Kira Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • In the castle, there were people who were just as joyous to her the good news as the soon-to-be parents.
    • Of course we're talking about the maids. Marie even shed tears as she urged others to take even more care of their Madam. Maids naturally agreed, since they were still traumatized by Elody's kidnapping.
    • When Petria came in Elody's office with business report, Anna glared at her with hostility. Petria asked Elody about next inspection but Elody couldn't answer. She wasn't sure that Caville would let her go out at all.
    • And Anna wanted to shout at Petria, 'Don't trouble our Madam with this nonsense, do everything yourself!' Any stress might be harmful for the baby!
    • In the end, Elody decided to consult with Caville before making a decision.
    • Petria left office in a rush, trying to escape Anna's intent glare. But the maid soon caught up to her and scolded poor Petria - who was just doing her job - for doing her job.
    • Marie overheard the conversation and got alarmed when she heard about the inspection. Soon, Petria had to defend herself against not one, but two angry maids.
    • She got terrified by servants' devotion to Madam. Their attitude was already bad after Madam got kidnapped, but now that she was pregnant, it increased tenfold. They wouldn't let Madam go out of the castle, saying that she might get a jet lag.
    • "The Lord will never allow it!" - "Never!"
    • Petria reluctantly agreed with them, thinking 'Damn, now I'm afraid to even send in reports!' and hurriedly left the castle.
    • "Wife, what book would you like me to read this time?" Caville asked excitedly. This afternoon, it was already 10th book of fairytales Elody had to listen through. But although the listener was tired, the reader was brisk.
    • "Can we stop now?" Elody asked carefully. Seeing Caville's sullen expression, she quickly added, "The baby wants to sleep."
    • "Oh, is that so? How about you?"
    • "I'm fine, it's just the baby that's tired." Elody was coming up with all sorts of excuses. Honestly, she liked it when Caville read to her, but a pile of documents on the table really bothered her.
    • Caville softly nodded and covered Elody's stomach with a blanket. She looked up at him. It seemed like he used the baby as a pretext, when in fact, he wanted to read fairytales to her. Just like she did to him back then when they were kids.
    • Recently, he's been nostalgic like that. This morning, he even helped her wash her face. It was extremely embarrassing.
    • "Wife, aren't you hungry? Do you want something sweet? Shall we have some snacks?" He asked her like he was talking to a five year old.
    • At this point, Elody was fed up with his attitude. Just because she had a baby in her stomach didn't mean that he should treat her like one.
    • She looked at the pile of documents again, "Caville, can you please bring them to me? I want to take a look."
    • Caville furrowed his brows, "You already read them so let me do all the work. My wife has to rest now."
    • "But there's something I need to double check." At Elody's words, Caville pondered for a while and reluctantly handed the papers over. If he put up a fight now, it could stress her out, so he had to comply.
    • While Elody was busy reviewing the papers, Caville immersed himself in reading as well. He had a huge stack of books on pregnancy, childbirth and parenting to go through.
    • "Caville, I think you can stop now."
    • "To be a good father, I have to study hard."
    • Elody was at loss for words. She'd appreciate his enthusiasm more if all those books didn't turn him into a raging neurotic! The thing she heard from him most often these days, was "A woman has to be careful in the early stages of pregnancy."
    • He wasn't like this at all when he was a kid. She felt that it was unfair but couldn't bring herself to scold him when she saw him working so hard.
    • Of course it wasn't like he was nagging on her all day long. When she lied down to sleep at night, he whispered small confessions into her ear, "Thank you, wife. I love you."
    • Elody put the papers down and secretly glanced at his face, praying for the night to come sooner.
    • Then, one day, her morning sickness began.
    • The day it started, Caville looked like he was about to collapse at any given time. And as Elody's taste became more and more sensitive, the variety of foods she could eat, decreased greatly.
    • He plump cheeks gradually sank in. Although Elody thought that it wasn't that noticeable, the maids and Norman were all startled when they observed the changes.
    • But the most startled one was Caville, "It's my fault. It's all my fault." He was blaming himself endlessly.
    • Elody even tried to eat more to brighten his mood but alas. His self-flagellation did not subside at all. When he went away for a moment, she put the fork down and sighed.
    • Although she started eating for Caville's sake, surprisingly, her appetite changed and she ended up eating three slices of lemon pie. But it still wasn't enough for Marie. She started suggesting various dishes to Elody, to no avail.
    • Everyone was acting so weird! Elody touched her still flat stomach and got up to take a walk.
    • At that time, Caville returned with an unexpectedly bright look. Lately he's been unable to separate from her for more than 10 minutes at a time so what's gotten into him? Was he preparing a secret gift?
    • Her question got answered the very next day. Ray suddenly came with a visit, worried about her condition.
    • "...looking at you like this, one can think that you were the one who got morning sickness," Elody couldn't help but comment after looking at his sullen expression.
    • "...yes, it's quite tough for me," Ray sighed and looked at Caville, "because your husband keeps calling me every single day."
    • "Caville does?" My sweet, kind, friendly Caville? It seemed to Ray that this was her intended question so he clenched his fist. Although she was his younger sister, he's been very annoyed by the man she chose to be his brother-in-law.
    • "Yes, your dear husband," Ray replied and took a small bottle of medicine from his pocket.
    • Caville's expression instantly brightened, "Is it done?"
    • "Yes, so stop bothering me."
    • Ray explained to Elody that it was a remedy for morning sickness. After checking the ingredient list, Elody gulped it right away.
    • "Will it really help me remove the symptoms?"
    • "Yes. To be exact, it will move them."
    • "Urrgh..." At that moment, Caville suddenly gagged and turned away.
    • It was a morning sickness.
    • "That tea flavor is disgusting!" Caville looked at the tea cup he was holding with a frown.
    • "It's a good medicine, isn't it?" Ray laughed.
    • "What kind of medicine did you make exactly?" Elody asked, looking at her brother. What did you do to my dear Caville?
    • "The one that your husband asked me to do. He wanted to move your morning sickness to him!"
    • "No no no, that can't be," Elody looked at Caville with worry. She knew first hand how difficult it could be.
    • "Wife, I'm so glad," Caville smiled at her with relief.
    • "Caville, why would you do that?"
    • "I'm stronger than you so I'd rather bear it myself."
    • "Caville..." Elody hugged him, feeling touched by his heroic gesture. Caville buried his head in her neck, inhaling her sweet scent like his life depended on it.
    • And Ray couldn't stomach the sight of them being all lovey-dovey so he made a long face and looked away.
    • Anyway, thanks to the medicine, Elody managed to regain her appetite. Hearing the good news, the chef prepared an assortment of dishes to celebrate.
    • At first, Elody was worried for Caville, but seeing him eat all the meals as usual, her small anxiety dissipated completely.
    • After the meal was over, Caville went away, saying that he would go to the training grounds for a while.
    • "Huuu," as soon as he left the dining room, he put a handkerchief to his mouth and started gagging, "Damn, I thought I was going to die there."
    • "Lord, are you alright?" Marie came up to him with a glass of lemon water and Caville gulped it down right away. Although he pretended to be fine in front if Elody, these days he could only tolerate food that contained lemons.
    • Marie could only applaud his acting abilities. She was very moved by his heroic act. To think that he was having such a hard time while pretending to be alright just not to burden the Madam...
    • "Another drink." At Caville's words, Marie hurried down the stairs and headed for the kitchen.
    • When Caville was left alone, he took a deep breath. To be honest, the duck they had today was so disguising that even the smell of it put him into despair. But although he felt distressed, he was also glad that his wife won't have to experience this anymore. Fortunately, it seems like she didn't notice his condition.
    • "Ahhh," when he recalled the taste of the duck, the nausea came back. Caville put his forehead on the cold hallway wall. Then, he heard someone approaching him.
    • "My Lord? My Lord! Are you suffering from an incurable disease?" Of course it was Heinz, who stood nearby, shivering.
    • "Go away," Caville looked at the knight with disdain
    • "Sheesh. I have to report something to the Madam"
    • Hearing this, Caville groaned. Why does his wife keep giving tasks to this idiot?
    • Heinz came closer, trepidation, "Morning sickness is incurable, isn't it?"
    • "Don't tell my wife."
    • "All right. By the way, I heard that stewed duck soup is the best remedy against morning sickness. Shall I get the recipe?"
    • Caville's expression sank. A boiled duck... Just imagining it made him sick. He stared at Heinz with resentment.
    • "Uh oh," sensing his Lord's murderous intent, Heinz quickly rushed into the dining room.
    • Soon, Marie came with more refreshments. After hurriedly gulping it all down, Caville returned to the dining room. First thing he saw was Sir Heinz sitting across his wife, his eyes twinkling. At this sight, Caville felt like he's going to be sick again.
    • In his hands, Heinz was holding a small handkerchief that he made for the baby. On its corner he embroidered a pretty tulip.
    • "Who helped you? Marie?" At Elody's sudden inquiry, Heinz felt surprised. How did she know? But in fact, their relationship wasn't a secret for her for a while now.
    • Anyhow, Elody thanked him and complimented on the job well done. Her words lifted Heinz's spirit.
    • "Thank you, madam. I'm confident that baby Princess will like it." Wait, what?
    • "What princess are you talking about?"
    • When Caville pressed him, Heinz started mumbling, "Me... that is... in fact..." He tried to choose his words carefully.
    • Unbeknownst to the Ducal couple, there was another bet going on in the castle. This time, people gambled on the Ducal baby's gender.
    • When Caville heard about it, his face darkened. He waved his hand, signalling Heinz to get out. Not losing any momentum, Heinz jumped out of the room.
    • "Caville, are you angry?" When Elody asked him, he shook his head in response. Elody was actually also quite curious about baby's gender. She tried to talk about it with Caville but he said that it didn't matter whether they had a son or a daughter.
    • Elody was less impartial however. She really wanted a baby boy who would look just like Caville.
    • "But I think it'll be a problem if our baby finds out about the bet later."
    • "Then we'll keep it a secret," Caville said with a nod. Noticing his concern, Elody smiled. Thinking that he'll become a great father, she hugged him tightly.
    • But contrary to Elody's thoughts, Caville was making plans on punishing those who dared to make impudent bets on their unborn child.
    • But in the end, neither considered this incident to be of any significance.
    • Which couldn't be farther from reality. Things in the castle were accelerating at an alarming rate.
    • Marie, the leader of 'Princess' faction, was chatting with other maids. They already planned on making clothes in advance, as well as hiring a painter to depict every day in the baby's life.
    • The maids still couldn't get over the time their beloved Madam turned into a baby. How cute and lovely she was! They were sure that the baby girl would be born with a pretty pink hair as well.
    • Even some of the knights got involved.
    • "But Heinz, why do you think that a princess will be born?"
    • Heinz shrugged his shoulders at Brien's question, "Marie said so."
    • "This guy really..." Brien grit his teeth. How does this bastard dare to talk about Marie in front of him? "You and Marie, there's nothing between you two, right?"
    • "No, nothing," Heinz quivered.
    • Although Brien and Marie had broken up long ago, Brien still held hope on them reuniting one day. But he himself realized that the chance was extremely slim. Marie was very popular with men. Everyone was enchanted by her, from young knights to merchants that visited the castle.
    • She was pretty, confident and dedicated. It was enough for just anyone to fall in love with her. Thinking about it, Brien sighed.
    • "I'll go visit the castle," Heinz said, noticing the shift in Brien's mood.
    • But the place he headed to wasn't the castle. It was a small forest behind Elody's lab.
    • He was supposed to meet someone there.
    • "Why are you so late?"
    • "I'm sorry, I'm sorry."
    • Heinz had a look of repentance on his face so Marie decided to let it slide, "Have a seat." The two then proceeded to look at the fashion magazine that featured designs for newborns.
    • Marie pointed at one of the items, "Didn't you say that this was popular in the capital?"
    • "But this design won't suit our princess! She doesn't need to follow capital's trends."
    • Marie strongly agreed with Heinz's judgement. When she got tasked with purchasing goods for the baby, he became her pillar. It was very fortunate that he decided to join the 'Princess' faction.
    • "So what do you think about this headband?"
    • "It's pretty but it won't suit our Princess. She looks much better in green." The child wasn't even born yet, but Heinz spoke as if she was already standing in front of him.
    • "You're right! She'll look just like a fairy!" - Marie dutifully noted this piece of information. For some reason she was much more comfortable discussing this stuff with Heinz than with any other maid. Perhaps the reason was because their tastes matched perfectly. Before she could even say anything, he already picked all the items she had her eyes on. - "What do you think about this one?"
    • "That's good. You have an eye for beauty," Heinz complimented her and Marie smiled.
    • Meanwhile, Sirka, the leader of the 'Prince' faction, was trying to persuade Anna to join his side, along with some knights.
    • "Imagine a gentle Prince, who takes after Madam. Wouldn't that be wonderful? Now think about the havoc that little Princess - who takes after the Lord - would wreck!"
    • "...but what if little Princess will take after the Madam?"
    • "That would be even worse. I'm much more scared of a Princess who'd be as thorough as her Mother."
    • "I think the child would be lovely regardless of gender," Anna snorted.
    • Anna was a centrist. A rare species among the maids.
    • Elody asked Ifrit's opinion on the matter. As it turns out, it was an unusual situation where Ifrit and Caville agreed on something. Neither really cared about baby's gender, they just wanted the child to be healthy.
    • But when Elody pointed that out, her words made Ifrit grit his teeth. And Caville's expression turned sour. Was having overlapping opinions really that disgusting?
    • In fact, Elody saw a lot of similarities between the two. They both liked to grumble on the outside, but deep inside they cared about their loved ones more that anyone in the world.
    • "I said that it would be nice to have a son, but come to think about it, a daughter would be good too. I just want them to be healthy," she said, rubbing her still flat stomach.
    • Just as Elody was pondering about the baby, Caville and Ifrit started quarreling about something once more. Noticing that baby spirits were peacefully sleeping nearby, Elody shushed the two troublemakers.
    • It was a peaceful afternoon.
    • Thanks to consideration of people around her, Elody safely entered the 5th month of pregnancy as her belly acquired a gentle curve.
    • By that time, she grew accustomed to the overprotection she was surrounded with. Several times a month, doctors and wizards from the Tower came with check ups on her condition.
    • And then, one day, the baby started to move.
    • When Caville first felt it, his eyes watered, "Wife, I think my heart is going to burst."
    • "Calm down, Caville. Hearts don't just explode with no reason," Elody tried to reason with him but in all honesty, she was surprised as well. When she felt the baby kicking in her stomach, she finally realized that she's going to become a mother soon.
    • She felt the weight of responsibility becoming heavier. And the same was for Caville.
    • Because he spent all his days with Elody, he had to do his work late at night. After putting his wife to sleep, he got out of bed and sat at the bedside table to check the documents that piled up. His stamina was out of this world.
    • After working till dawn, Caville carefully lied down next to Elody. But every time he did that, she always managed to kick the blanket away. So in a way, he felt fortunate that he was awake because he was able to tuck her in.
    • Only then he was able to relax. He held embraced Elody, inhaling her sweet scent. It was exactly the happiness he yearned for when he was on the battlefield.
    • He carefully placed his palm on her belly. He really wanted to meet the baby soon. But until then, he hoped that the baby won't bother his wife too much.
    • "Hey baby, I have a request. Please don't make it hard for your mom, all right?" Caville still didn't realize he was going to be a father soon. He was scared. But since he had his wife on his side, he believed that he could do it.
    • "Your daddy will try hard," he whispered before closing his eyes. And soon, he fell into a short but sweet sleep.
    • "Madam, did you choose the name for the baby?" Marie wondered one day.
    • That simple question made soon-to-be parents panic. Since pregnancy finally entered the stable stage, they spent the nights indulging in adult activities. But that day, they spent the whole night picking names for the baby.
    • Next day, first thing in the morning, they went to the library to search through various books. It wasn't easy to decide because all the suggestions were too good. Eventually they came to Ifrit for advice.
    • "Romi. That will do." Ifrit's decision was quick and sharp. The name would suit both a girl and a boy, so it was settled.
    • However each faction interpreted it they way they wanted. Some thought it was "Prince Romi", and some, "Princess Romi".
    ***​
    • Thanks to Caville's utmost efforts, Elody went through pregnancy with ease. However as her stomach grew bigger, it became progressively more difficult for her.
    • And so Caville became even more attentive to her needs. When her limbs went numb, he massaged them until she was satisfied and he also made sure to watch her diet and exercise.
    • Elody felt assured, like she had a seasoned expert by her side. And her feeling wasn't that far off from the truth. Because Caville studied hard, he could easily get accepted into any medical school. He had a book on hand at any given time.
    • Time passed quickly and the due date was just around the corner.
    • Caville looked more nervous than anyone else. He paced in front of the delivery room while Marie fruitlessly tried to calm him down.
    • Thankfully, Ray came just in time, bringing the medicine (to transfer the childbirth pains) with him. Caville gulped it down without even checking the contents. Ray assured him that effect would be certain, but a little anxiety still remained.
    • Caville bit his lips anxiously. The hallway was already full of people who were biting their nails, worrying about Madam.
    • "Brother, are you certain about the medicine?"
    • "How many times do I have to repeat myself? You'll feel it once the delivery starts." Even with Ray reassuring him, Caville still had doubts.
    • However, a moment later, Caville's complexion turned terribly pale.
    • "How do you feel?" Ray who was relaxing on the sofa, sprang on his feet and approached Caville.
    • "Uuuugh..." Caville reached out to Ray in a cold sweat. He was in a lot of pain. He didn't expect it to hurt that much. But despite the pain, he still worried about Elody. He was afraid that the medicine wasn't effective enough and his wife'd still end up suffering.
    • Soon, Brien and Heinz came in to check on Caville - who leaned against the wall and slowly sank onto the floor.
    • "My brother is just feeling a little bit under the weather because of my medicine," Ray smirked.
    • Caville was panting heavily. Damn, why does it hurt so much?!
    • "Commander... no, Lord. Are you alright? Why do you look like this when it's your wife who's giving birth?"
    • When Heinz started his usual routine, Caville couldn't stand it and just grabbed the knight's hair. Strangely, when he did this, he felt like the pain was alleviating somewhat. So Caville started pulling Brien's hair as well.
    • "Aaaaah! My Lord, what you you doing?" - "My hair!"
    • After some time had passed, a baby's scream resounded from inside the delivery room. At last..!
    • And in the hallway, there were screams of other sorts.
    • "Huuuuh, really, my hair... aaaaaaah!" - "I've been so worried these days, I guess I really will have to ask for a hair loss medicine... ugh..."
    • When Caville came to, he wiped off the sweat from his forehead with wisps of hair from Heinz and Brien's heads. He ignored the knights' complains and stood in front of delivery room with a pale face.
    • He was sure that he heard baby's screams earlier so why was it so quiet now? His heart was pounding. That brief moment was more painful for him than the entirety of childbirth pains.
    • Soon, the door opened and a group of female wizards came out. Caville immediately asked them about Elody's condition.
    • "Your wife is healthy. And the baby... The baby is healthy, but..."
    • "But what?" What happened? Caville felt his soul leaving when the midwife hesitated, He couldn't bear the frustration and rushed into the room. Others tried to follow but the door was shut tight.
    • Caville held back his tears and approached Elody's bed. However there wasn't just one baby she was holding...
    • "The baby is healthy, but there are two of them! You have twins!" The midwife belatedly caught up with him.
    • Only then did Caville, who thought that something bad had happened, approached his wife with ease, "How are you feeling?"
    • "I'm fine, " Elody replied with a smile, "It didn't hurt at all! How could that be? There was no pain."
    • "That's a relief," Caville said, kissing her on the forehead.
    • "...by the way, how are you feeling?" Why was he sweating so much. Elody wondered when she noticed his sweaty condition. Wait, that can't be... "Caville, don't tell me you took Ray's medicine again."
    • "It's all right. I was really afraid that my wife would suffer," he replied, pecking her forehead a couple more times. Elody quietly wiped the sweat from his face.
    • Once Caville confirmed his wife's safety, his attention was drawn to two bundles in her arms.
    • "I think we'll have to come up with one more name," Elody chuckled.
    • When Caville saw little babies wriggling on the bed, he was struck with an unknown emotion. Tears flowed out as if something had burst inside him.
    • The baby on the left seemed to have pinkish hair. It wasn't apparent yet but it definitely resembled Elody's. And the eye color was similar to Caville's. The baby on the right had Caville's hair and Elody's eyes.
    • They were so small but to Caville they meant the whole world. He felt incredulous looking at the babies who resembled both him and his wife.
    • "The one on the right is a girl, and the other is a boy." At Elody's words, Caville looked up at her in tears. Looking at him like this, Elody teared up as well.
    • Caville hugged her and whispered in a hoarse voice, "Thank you, wife. I'm sorry, wife. I love you, wife."
    • His words were as sweet as honey.
    • The unexpected birth of twins managed to heal the divide between the factions.
    • Looking at two babies wriggling in their cribs, maids could only hold their breaths. Watching after the twins quickly became their favorite activity.
    • "I'm so happy!" Naturally, Marie was the most devoted of them. She would've stayed by the twins's side 24/7 if she didn't have to sleep or eat.
    • As a result, Elody and Caville felt like they were being ignored by their servants. All their attention turned to the babies! It wasn't all bad however. Now, Elody and Caville could spend more time alone together.
    • These days, Caville treated Elody just as carefully as he did in the early stages of pregnancy, "No no no, it was in the book. The husband must carry the wife."
    • There was no such thing in the book... Elody thought, but Caville pretended to be oblivious.
    • "Oh, Caville, I completely forgot! What about children's names?"
    • "Don't worry. I figured it out when you were sleeping. Roel, Miel, how about that?*" Caville suggested, kissing Elody's neck gently.
    • Elody nodded. She found his clever solution to be cute.
    So Ifrit suggested to name the child Romi () and Caville broke that name in half to create 2 new names, Roel (엘), Miel (엘)
    • Roel, the boy, was born first. He had pink hair, just like his mom. And Miel's jet black locks were the exact copy of her father's.
    • It was a bit odd was that boy resembled Elody while girl resembled Caville.
    • "I'm glad that he takes after you, wife."
    • "And I think it's adorable that Miel took after you, Caville."
    • Just like the Ducal couple, all the servants couldn't help but adore the babies. The knights looked ecstatic each time maids took babies on a stroll. Their faces lit up with pride, as if they were the parents themselves.
    • "Ahhh, I wish I could touch those chubby cheeks just once!"
    • "Haa, me too. I wish I could put their soft hands in my mouth..."
    • "What?" - "Are you crazy?" - "Lock him up!"
    • It was something that everyone thought of but couldn't speak out loud. They would never dare to soil the pure babies' hands. The knight who dared to make such a remark was severely punished.
    • Elody and the babies managed to recover very quickly under Caville's thorough guidance. It was fascinating for newly parents to watch their own children grow day by day.
    • Looking at twins that nestled comfortably in Caville's arms, Elody smiled, "I think our kids are really fond of your embrace."
    • "And how does my wife feel?"
    • "...Of course I'm fond of it as well."
    • Caville smiled shyly at his wife's compliment. Seems like babies really did feel secure in their father's arms because they quickly fell into a deep slumber.
    • When Caville saw their plump red cheeks, he was overwhelmed with emotions.
    • And then, one day, a small incident toook place in the peaceful castle.
    • Sirka, Heinz, Brien and Marie all gathered in the drawing room to decide who's going to be the Godparent.
    • After quarreling for a while, Marie suggested the babies to choose for themselves when they grow up. However everyone was against this. Since Marie spent most of her time with babies, it would be natural for them to pick her when they reach adulthood.
    • "No. My wife will decide," Caville said, trying to hide his irritation.
    • At that moment, a maid brought in the babies - who just woke up from their nap - and handed them to their parents.
    • "It's terrible... uhh, I'm so pathetic," Ifrit murmured as he, too, woke up from his nap and approached the babies.
    • When Roel and Miel noticed him, they shook their little limbs in excitement.
    • "I've decided. The children's Godparent shall be..."
    • Everyone's attention shifted to Elody.
    • "I would like to ask Ifrit for a favor," Elody made a decision, "he's my dear friend who's been by my side since I was a kid. Besides, I saved him myself."
    • Ifrit attempted to ran away, but stopped at these words, "Well, what you say is true, but..."
    • "So will you do me the honors, Ifrit?" Elody smiled.
    • "Well, since it's my benefactor's request, I can't decline."
    • At these words, Sirka, Heinz, Brien and Marie stared at Ifrit in contempt, which prompted him to defend himself.
    • "I'm the only one who can protect these children! Can any of you do a better job than the King Spirit himself?"
    • "All right, all right, we get it," Sirka, Heinz and Brien had no choice but to step back. But Marie was determined. She asked Elody whom she would've picked if Ifrit wasn't here.
    • "Then, it'd be... Marie." Elody's words lifted Marie's spirit... and crashed the spirits of Sirka, Heinz and Brien. Using this opportunity, Caville kicked the three men out of the room. Something he wanted to do for a while.
    • "Woohoo! Then please call me when babies fall asleep, Madam," Marie said and left the room with a smug grin.
    • And in the hallway, the three losers decided to go for a drink together.
    • "Marie, would you like to join us?" Heinz asked, and it caused Brien to squirm.
    • "I'll only drink with Sir Heinz," Marie said with a casual face and went down the stairs, leaving everyone in the hallway stunted.
    • "You bastard!" Brien grabbed Heinz's collar. A small brawl ensued.
    • Outside disturbance did not ruin the peaceful atmosphere inside the room.
    • "Caville, is this alright with you?" Elody asked, glancing at Ifrit.
    • "Yes, wife," Caville responded with a nod.
    • However Ifrit soon started pacing around the room anxiously, "What should I do? What should I do?" It seemed like the weight of the world suddenly crashed on his shoulders.
    • As a matter of fact, Ifrit was even closer to twins than Marie. It was him who guarded the cradles every single night. So after some time it became natural for twins to always see him hanging around.
    • "Oh no no no..." for a short moment, Ifrit was able to catch a glimp seof the babies' future, "...now that's unusual."
    • "Stop mumbling to yourself, you're too noisy," Caville reprimanded him.
    • But Ifrit ignored him and stared at Roel. Although the babies were twins, their personalities were very different.
    • Roel was very calm and collected. Ifrit saw him becoming a great Lord in the future. Just like his mom, he was sincere, determined and passionate. His handsome appearance - with curly pink hair and a pair of bright eyes - already began to sprout.
    • And Miel... Ifrit gulped nervously. Even though she was just a baby, her gaze was already piercing, just like her father's. With lustrous dark locks and confident attitude, she was destined to become a beauty of the century. She was the exact opposite of her good natured brother. She was a very curious child. If she got interested in some object, she had to bring it to her mouth to taste it.
    • As far as Ifirt saw, Miel would become a skillful swordsman. Vaguely seeing the scenes of himself chasing after her in the middle of the battlefield, Ifrti already felt exhausted.
    • Still, there was a smile on his face. Elody, Caville, and now those two. He hoped that he would be able to protect them all for a very long time.
    • When twins grew older, they started chasing poor Ifrit all over the place.
    • "Roel, Miel, stop bothering Ifrit," Elody scolded them.
    • "We didn't do anything!" - "Yea, mom just doesn't understand!" The kids complained with sulky expressions.
    • Elody truly felt sorry for Ifrit. The twins liked to play with Ifrit, but their games were cruel. They most enjoyed pulling his ears and biting his tail. Elody tried to stop them everytime, but Ifrit just laughed it off. He became just like a grandfather who indulged his grandkids.
    • The twins also liked to ride on Ifrit. To accommodate their needs, Ifrit even changed his size as they grew bigger. He was now a size of a hound.
    • Elody stroked his head gently, "I can't thank you enough, Ifirt."
    • "So you're only grateful now that you're going out with your hubby?"
    • "Sorry..." Today was the day they decided to go on a date for a first time in a while. Perhaps because Ifrit was always with her, Elody felt the most comfortable leaving the kids under his care.
    • "Get back soon."
    • "Thank you, Ifrit." Elody kissed the twins on the foreheads and left the room.
    • In the hallway, Caville - who got dressed up for the occasion - was already waiting.
    • "Wife," he gently kissed her on the cheek, "you're so beautiful."
    • Elody got shy because of his compliment and grumbled, "so where are we going?"
    • "It's a secret," Caville took Elody's hand and led the way. Baby spirits were hanging off his shoulders so it meant that they would need to teleport to get there.
    • Elody clasped Caville's hand tightly and closed her eyes. If she was with him, she'd even go to the end of the Earth.
    • When she opened her eyes, she was standing on a beautiful beach. A rainbow floated above the emerald sea. The sun was setting on the horizon. It was a phenomenal sight.
    • "A little bird told me that there'll be rainbow today," Caville said kissing Elody's hand. Then he took out a piece of fabric he prepared in advance and laid it down on the ground.
    • "Come to me, wife," he pointed on his thighs. Elody hesitated for a moment and sat down in front of him. As soon as she did that, Caville reached out to her and hugged her waist from behind. Then he put his chin on her shoulder and started pecking her face with his lips.
    • "It tickles," Elody laughed, not taking her eyes of the scenery, "it's beautiful."
    • After a short while, Caville started whispering into her ear, "Wife, I heard something from Ifrit the other day. He said that we were fated to be together. So we'll definitely meet in the next life. And in the life after that."
    • Elody chuckled. Even if he was all grown up now, Caville's mind was still as pure as a child's.
    • "In the next life, I'll be looking for you, my wife."
    • "Sure. Let's meet again then."
    • "Just wait for me because I will definitely save you."
    • "Huh?" Elody couldn't understand the meaning behind her words.
    • But Caville din't give her an answer and just smiled vaguely.
    THE END
    [​IMG]

its0k, Erina22, ELtein and 55 others like this.
  4. kinderjoy

kinderjoy New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    okayy so based on the spoilers, this novel is going to be so frustrating!!! not suitable for people who get easily frustrated... im so tired of novels/manhwas like this where the author makes a spineless mc that attracts all bad luck does anyone know a manhwa that has a strong mc?? ((not physically, but someone who knows her worth and get even with those who wronged her)) and thanks for the spoilers! luckily, i was spared from wasting my time reading this novel

5. Mx_

Mx_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you're wasting your time NOT reading the novel; judging from all the messages dying over how cute they both are, how much Caville does for Elody and viceversa, many people love it. Not only her but Caville too are pretty strong characters. It's worth the read, really

its0k, Mjaz812, staradorned and 3 others like this.
  6. Shanya

Shanya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much! Good work :blobpats:

Biakushi and Svitlanak like this.
  7. M.L.

M.L. New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda not satisfied with that princess ending i was expecting that she will knows that Elody is not behind her 'suffering' then she got INSANE after finding out the truth
    Then be put in jail while rotting to death
    :blobpopcorn_two::blobowoevil_horns:

8. dita90

dita90 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

amazing breakdown of the whole novel summary! i love it!
    I finish reading everything in one whole day...Thank you for your for your hard work~!

Mjaz812, BrytteM and Ismalia like this.
  9. Chris615

Chris615 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    concordo

10. morranstillscaresme

morranstillscaresme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    real life freakin sucks man, and the pandemic just plummets it down even more. so for the rest of the day, i just want to distract myself from all that jazz and pull out a shojou fantasy or trashy shounen action, i dont want to read a novel that feels 'real' or based on 'real life', i already hate the idea of living so y would i read a story about a character whose living their life?. the stupidity and weirdness of these novels always managed to wash away my responsibilities on the real world and their dumb choices allows me to openly mock them. long story short
    its just a great distraction and entertainment lol. :blobmelt:

and thank you for all the lovely spoilers, translating is pretty darn hard, thank you for all your hard work. :blobhighfive:

toleneram, Mjaz812, icay1x and 4 others like this.
  11. Laluna2021

Laluna2021 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was just about to read this... but then I read the spoilers.... and just reading the spoilers made my blood boil. :blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip: Wtf is this shit?!!

I’ve read some other comics/novels that some of the guy (duke usually) would warn the staffs/knights and take actions before it became out of hand.

it seems like there are many idiots in this novel including the ML. Lol this kinda reminds me of the anger i felt reading Remarried Empress. :blobcat_hyper::blobcat_hyper::blobcat_hyper: (I’m so triggered right now) I don’t want to read it anymore :blobjoy: I’m satisfied by just reading this forum. My heart is very weak with dumbass characters. It took him 30+ chapters to take action. :blobpopcorn_two:

Lady Lullaby likes this.
  12. max2payne0

max2payne0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I read it and actually like the ml. I don't know why people hate him so much because he's fairly reasonable when it comes to his wife. There was nothing he could do about the rumors, he never cared about them and didn't know what his knights were thinking. If he committed any crimes it was growing up on the battlefield, other than war his maturity level didn't seem to have changed at all.

My problem is with every other character.

Edited:
    I skimmed through this entire spoiler thread and I have some points to add:

Ml never knows that some of his knights want him to divorce his wife because he really doesn't care about them after they come back from war. Only when he finally goes over there, after everything is resolved, does he hear 2 lagging knights talk about the divorce, and he straightens them out immediately, even shows off how much he loves his wife and threatens them with cutting off their heads if he hears them mention it.

The overall rumor was spread by the temple and imperial govt before he even got home, he just didn't care about it because there was no way it was happening. He didn't spend time around the princess, she was in the imperial castle and asked to go to the duchy, the emperor wanted his support so he agreed. When she arrives at the mansion, the ml meets her once, when she arrives and exchanges a word, maybe a sentence, and once more, when he straight out tells her he has no intention of divorcing his wife (this is also when he goes to look for Elody and finds out she was trying to run away. So he spoke to the princess literally twice. He didn't straight out tell her he wouldn't marry her because ifrit, the spirit, told him he couldn't bring it up first because it was like he was asking her to propose to him. But since she approached him first, he put her straight immediately.)

Ml doesn't care for politics, he hates the temple and the imperial government equally so completely ignores them and wants to kill them all honestly. He takes over doing work from the duchy from MC to make her think he's reliable and is super competent at it, but he's sad because it means they have less time together. (so no, even if she divorced and left him, he could probably keep the duchy rolling since she'd already done a great deal and it could stand without her, but he'd probably have killed himself or died of depression because this kid has abandonment issues.)

He wants to be pretty for his wife and be treated like before he left the war and has a crisis because he's not adorable anymore. He has an epiphany that he's in love coming out of nowhere when author wants them to progress. Because he was childish up to this point until the author didn't need it anymore.

He went to war at 13, knew nothing about love to the point of taking advice from a spirit. Because he wanted the mc to treat him the same, he acted childish, tried to be cute and weak so she would take care of him, and he didn't understand why it didn't make him completely happy until his epiphany. Literally carries around a mirror to keep looking at his face (even kept his face from scarring in the war for Elody.) I think the ml is cute. Not perfect, but not the trash comments make him out to be.

I also want to defend Brien because he had a reason for supporting the princess - he thought their relationship was more siblings, he didn't realize how obsessed ml was with mc. She had the same thoughts so she couldn't even fault him for thinking that way when he mentioned it, and I honestly wish he'd just get married to someone else (because I don't like Marie and how that whole thing is handled. She treats him like a villain, but let's all forget how she was trying to push MC on Therion while the ml was still away during the war.) I honestly didn't like Brien in the beginning and I just feel sorry for him now because he's being treated so unfairly.

The people bashing the ml are so extra IMO, I thought he was cute (a bit too yandere for my tastes though, not enough reasonable thinking) but I'm dropping this because it's like the author chose to marry concepts from Chinese and Korean webnovels and mostly took the dumbest parts (with the white lotus, the low IQ villains, the low IQ characters, constant face-slapping - an actual face slap happens between 2 knights. Black and white character mentality, when there's morally gray it leans toward villainous or outright stupid. There's mention of systems and cultivation even.)

Btw the second ml, Theodore, literally only has one conversation with mc when she's about to run away. He grabs her hand when she goes to leave and releases her immediately after, but ml walks in on it, nearly gets beat up, and the temple people are sent away. I can't even call him a 2nd ml honestly. just one of the many other people who love the mc.

If there's a character I like, it's Heinz because all his crying is hilarious.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  13. wendy121331

wendy121331 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Khimmyalfie

Khimmyalfie Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is by far the most frustrating novel I've ever read. There were times when I would stop reading just to either cry or curse at the at the hindrances.

There was even a time when I wanted to transmigrate into this world and punch brien and slap carolina.

This is also the only novel that i didn't read spoilers for, because the translator advised against it

15. mozzybites

mozzybites Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    okay i actually really like the story, despite the terrible ratings.
    my only issue is that everyone that works in the residence doesn’t know how to shut up. the amount of times the maids, especially the ones closest to elody spread ridiculous rumours after only hearing a fraction of a conversation or just giving their opinion on the people they serve’s relationship as if they have every right to, is ridiculous. it bothered me the amount of times rumours spread over nothing, they just made their own assumptions based upon utter nonsense. this is practically my only fault with this novel. as staff workers of a noble family they should know that it is rude to be speaking about such things. (especially her maids) i do like them but their behaviour frustrates me.

ps; i only read the spoilers so i don’t know the full extent of how annoying most characters were. ofc i hated the obvious annoyances like larissa, high priest, carolina etc.

16. Manhwalover2

Manhwalover2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wow... Finally met someone who loves this kind of manhwa and historical romance harlequin .. Like me...

i just read till ch 80
    yeahhh you said exactly what i thoght about ML. He is not trash like everybody said. I like him. Not perfect but have quality to be.

And i also like heinz because his crying hillarrious

About brien and marie... I kinda like marie actually. She didnt push mC toward therion, she just want mc to know what love is. At that time ML still 12 years old, and their relationship like sibling, and mc continues call ml her baby.
    But i really want ml consult with marie about what he should do to win mc.

In my opinion,he just need more skinship and mc will conscious more of ml as a man. Just kiss her...

About therion.. I dont like him. He just loves woman for their appereances. First mc, then princess.

They stopped the tl in ch 80, so here i am ,looking for spoile4 from mtl.
    The mtl is very bad, but i will still try to read it because i curious about how mc finally realize her feeling.

And the mysterious voice... That keep ringing in her head saying thins like ml should end up with princess. Whose voice is that????