LCD It Turns Out I am a Dao Ancestor

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by SerialBeggar, Feb 15, 2021.

1. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/it-turns-out-i-am-a-dao-ancestor/

[​IMG]

This story was one amongst others mentioned in a recommendation thread so I took a look. I've only read half a dozen chapters so far and it's pretty simplistic, at an elementary school reading level. The translation is obviously MTL where the editor is not fluent in English because they left unacceptable words and odd phrases. The story so far is OK-ish and I really don't have any expectation that it'll get better. Still, I'll keep reading it for now to see where it goes.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  2. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is very similar to I am actually a Cultivation Bigshot
    Only noticeable difference is that the MC here gains blessing points whenever he does something that benefits someone, and when he has some amount he will get the super mega omega OP body of doom for cultivation.

The story mainly revolves around him already being ridiculously OP (including making everything surrounding him OP) and not knowing, while cultivators meet him and are awed out of their mind, mostly seeing all he says to them as orders or tests or predictions...

3. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The translator has stated they're going back over previous chapters. Though I'm starting to take that with a grain of salt, since they keep making a certain translation mistake even though I pointed it out to them.

4. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw that remark too, but considering that all of the newer chapters haven't gotten any better, I doubt it'll improve greatly.

Anyway, I've caught up to the latest chapter. Story-wise, my only complaint is that the people the MC interacts with take their misunderstandings to the extreme. Like do they really need to gift him their sect's greatest treasure, ie the treasure that basically defines their sect? But I guess that is the basis for this type of story.

5. Damsell in Distress

Damsell in Distress Waiting for dashing MC to save me from myself

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer this one compare to big shot though as the MC is more generous and the MC know that he is "weak" stay at home 24/7 and hope that people would visit him..

6. asaade

asaade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its another chinese trash, the idea(blessing point) is much better compared to cultivation bigshot, but the problem here is the fight and how the author keeps repeating the same fight scenes e.g
    1st minion is going to die and he will ask for stronger back up that is hiding and watching only, and once the 2nd minion arrives he will going to trash talk like a useless villain and will say "now that i arrived you will all die, its better for all of you to kneel down because i am here" something like that, and the 2nd minion will be defeated by a treasure given by the mc and before the 2nd minion die he will ask for another stronger back up who was actually also hiding and he will repeat the 2nd minion trash talk or just a trash talk but basically the same meaning kneel down or apologise blah blah blah, of course the 3rd minion will also get defeated by another mc's creation, this is how most fights happens, this trashy author really like to lengthen his word count

7. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-20+
    He picks up a girl and totally forgets about Blessing Points as he shows off.

8. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-31: the translation seems to be getting worse.