Spoiler Queen of the Scalpel

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by skyzoo2001, Nov 19, 2018.

1. S3npai Tach1

S3npai Tach1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When Linden kidnapped Elise he asked Elise where she want to go and she say she want to see the sea. Linden agree it and later he say "sigh Elise do you know I've been always holding back". Then Elise remember when the first kidnapped happen she share in the same room and sleeping together.
    An when they have arrived Linden want to have memories of Elise here and took out his camera. Linden look troubled when trying use camera. Elise give suggestion she can use the camera and Linden don't wanna Elise do it(ooh so you are insisted to do everything even it's a little, he can for Elise but I don't expected after bad about cooking and know about how to take a picture with the camera maybe camera in that era is hard to operate it loll).
    Then Elise say how about we get picture together? When she saw someone passing then she say excuse sir. When he is turn around and his reaction is wow is that the doll who is calling him then he saw Linden with fear cause he realise who is Linden. Elise asking if the man can take pictures of them and he agreed it (maybe he is worker for government but the occupation is smaller).
    Linden's gaze so piercing and that man is so nervous.
    Then Linden do something to make a mark that Elise is mine (sorry the word are so mess and hard to read it).
    And sorry if there's any mistake from this post and tell me maybe I can fix it.
    See ya.
    Teehee...:blob_pout::blobowoevil:/SPOILER]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  2. Mae Rogel 82

Mae Rogel 82 Call me Mae _ [Red step-siblings(Eldest)]

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone tell me how MC manage to stop ML from killing Mil and his mom ?

Paris_Eve likes this.
  3. beazacha

beazacha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Take that with a grain of salt; is one of those stereotypes that gets super popular but in reality happened like a dozen times over 1000+ years.... they take the European setting but push Asian royalty logic on it. Usually the King would have multiple kids from multiple wives because the Queen would die and he remarried soon after; most of said kids would die on early childhood because European royalty were all cousins and centuries of breeding will make a genetic mess; the oldest had the rights regardless of how capable he was so the King would plot to and kill them til succession got to his favored son(not necessarily the most capable either); concubines were mostly glorified whores whose influence can be said to be real on a few courts with meek Queens(but like one particular that was inteligente enough to be a trend setter, not all the concubines cause Kings would have a shit ton of them around) but their kids had no claim on whatsoever and wouldn't survive past infancy.

Mirai Tsukihime likes this.
  4. booho

booho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys, is the webtoon almost near the ending?

5. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know how the ML comes to change his mind about the murderer of his sister and mother? Quite frankly, I believe people should be punished for their crimes so I don’t even see this as the ML getting revenge. I didn’t like Elise approach too when asking for mercy for the murderer. She sounded so trivial in light of the horror of the crime when she asked him to show mercy. I’ve seen this kind of approach done in a much more effective way by first standing by the person, identifying with their anger and then offering the reason why this course of action would lead to ruin when it’s only about revenge. The best way is to assure the person that you’re on their side and ultimately it’s about wanting the best for them.

6. Noialcinoi

Noialcinoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, could anyone tell me what actually happened between the queen and the empress and such. Like what was the reason she was in the tower. I actually went through these pages and could not find it.

7. S3npai Tach1

S3npai Tach1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh. Is it true that the side story of the manhwa or novel will not be Webtoon?¿
    It's kind of frustrating if I think again.:blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless::blobconfused:

8. Delice-San

Delice-San Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here is the backstory, I came up with after analyzing a bunch of context clues in the forum and the manhwa.
    Emperor Minchester (Linden's dad), Marquess El Clorance (Elise's dad) and Lady Marian Childe (Michael's mom) were all friends. Lady Teresa (Elise's Mom and Viscount's daughter) and Rebecca (Linden's Mom and commoner) are friends, who passed by the trio. Minchester and El both fell for Teresa. Teresa chose El.

Minchester was sad abouut getting rejected and Rebecca comforted him. They both fell in love. They got married and he wanted her to be the Empress. The Childe family (Marian's family) opposed it. The compromise was that Marian would be the Queen (lower than the empress).

All was good, Minchester and Rebecca had three children, The first imperial prince, The first imperial Princess, Evelyn and the second imperial prince, Linden. Marian also had Michael, but she was still jealous.

The Childe family then fabricated a story that Rebecca and Evelyn badmouthed some powerful nobles and pushed for Rebecca to be deposed. So that Marian would be the most powerful in the palace. Minchester knew it was fabricated and told them that he would get them out of confinement. Rebecca and Evelyn couldn't take all the mental damage and both committed suicide by falling off the ledge. Linden saw them commit suicide, and he was traumatized.

After that Linden and Michael's relationship started souring. Marian was confined indefinitely and she went insane.
    The first imperial prince died in the Angelique war.
    Linden became the Crown Prince. (Linden is probably older that Michael)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    Yume-sama, nanu00, minimoni and 7 others like this.
  9. Jinniett

Jinniett Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone spoil about the side story?? I initially thought that the side stories is going to become a webtoon but i just saw the artist post that the webtoon ended already.... :blobpensive:

10. Shootooooo

Shootooooo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The manhwa is already completed right?

11. novelsAREwastingMYtime

novelsAREwastingMYtime Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SPOILER AHEAD........
    CAUTION PLEASE

so our f ml was the queen in her previous life and committed many sins due to which she was burned. Then she reincarnated and was filled guilt due to the crimes committed by her in the previous life as a queen. So for repentance she becomes a surgeon and tries to save as many as people possible and comes to love her job as a surgeon and finds saving a person's life satisfying BUT author or fate had another plans for her and she died in a an airplane crash.
    She returns to her previous life in which she was burned at the stake with the medical knowledge of her 2nd life.
    She pledges to not repeat her mistake and bla bla bla
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.[she lives as mary sue character, stops the fight between her fiancee [1st prince] and her freind [3rd prince], the typical mary sue novel story.:):):):):)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In the end the author gives a happy ending where she lives as the queen and hailed as mother of modern medical science and a medical prodigy.:cool::cool::cool::cool:
    At the final end we are shown a medical student travelling to a place for sightseeing idk it is a place filled with knowledge of elisa and the crown prince for the purpose of sightseeing.
    She sees a picture of lisa and linden and a man comes who lookes like lindenand starts talking with the medical student.
    TTHHEE EENNDD
    I believe that medical student was the second reincarnation of lisa in this timeline she forgets her first life, she has corrected her mistake and have no regrets something like that.

12. chande

chande Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the major turning point that made Linden had a change of heart was when Marquis Childe humbly asked him for forgiveness and threw himself off the tower to atone for his mistake. Linden was visibly shaken after seeing Marquis Childe's body under the tower. Lise also had a part in Linden's change. She told Linden that no matter what he chose to do, it will be fine but she hoped that he didn't be in so much pain anymore.

nanu00 and Celebrianna like this.
  13. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    @chande , ooohh, thanks for the spoiler. I’m glad that knot in his heart was finally solved. It must have been hard to let go of his sister’s tragic death. The child was so young and died in front of him...and of course the mother too.

One thing I never understood is why his brother supported his uncle’s schemes knowing they were in the wrong. However, this is probably foreign to the mind of a Westerner like me because I see it all the time in Asian drama where because someone is family, even if they are a murderer or a scumbag, the family still cover for them or support them just because they’re family. Heh.

14. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I got, the brother had to support his uncle because it was his only option to protect himself and his mother. In one of the webtoon chapter Michael himself told Linden that he understands Linden position and feelings. If he himself was in Linden position he would do the exact same ...avenge for his family. Michael knows that what his mother and uncle did was wrong and he understands Linden, but he has to protect his mother bc it's his mother no matter what she did, and basically she did this also for Michael position/future. Thus, Michael has to support his uncle and their fraction bc they understand that if they fell everyone will be killed for treason by Linden ...as happened in past timeline. Michael position is very difficult bc on both sides is his family so he had to choose who to protect and it was his mother even though he also cared for Linden a lot.

As Linden wants revenge on people who cornered and killed his mother and sister, same with Michael who has to protect his mother even tho he may be not supportive on his mother and uncle deeds.

I'm more angry at the emperor as he made too many mistakes by trying to appease all parties and still fulfill his own happiness. I understand him, he was a weak emperor and had a sad life losing his 1st love to his friend, then his beloved empress and daughter at once from his other friends hands, then losing one of his son (Linden's big brother, past crown prince) to war, then having Linden close off emotionally, treating coldly his 2nd wife aka queen Marianne who killed his beloved 1st wife/empress but who is also his childhood friend, and there's Michael that even tho his mother and uncle did this he is still his little son. Maybe he had to be more decisive? Maybe he had to choose a side and make a point instead trying to appease all parties? ...well, then he would be called a tyrant. Still I'm a little bit angry at him, past timeline is a good example that his legacy should have been planned better.

seekingsnow and ditka623 like this.
  15. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    @rock.doll , I would turn my mother in if she murdered someone. In fact, I would call the police if any of my family members murdered someone. I can’t speak for every Westerner though. It really depends on their morality.

In Asian tv shows, family members cover up the bad deeds of their families because they choose family over morality probably because they believe it’s immoral to betray a family member. I believe this is the principle that guides Michael. So no matter what rationalization, I can’t understand his position simply because it’s not the morality I believe in. However, I can observe it coldly and say that this is the way that Asian dramas portray their morality and that’s probably the concept the writer believes in for her/his characters. :)

16. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You would, someone wouldn't, it depends from person to person. Personally ....I don't know. I can't say that I would but I also can't say I wouldn't.

In Michael case, let's not forget that Linden mother and sister basically suicided. I think that Marianne and the gang just wanted to get the empress deposed or sent far away, so they framed her and cornered but I don't think killing was in their plans (maybe?) or at least rationally. The idea that the empress with her daughter suicided gave a huge blow to Michael mother ....she basically got crazy, tho the main cause was her fear of the emperor now. :blobunamused:

Well, Michael was safeguarding not only his mom life but also himself. Because if his mother and uncle and their fraction got wiped then he would also be implicated in one way or another as he is the figurehead of that side. Self-preservation is a strong force. :blobamused:

seekingsnow likes this.
  17. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    @rock.doll , but consider that if the case was proven against ML’s mother through framing, she could be put to death, no? Even so, what they did was wrong. I couldn’t side with any family member who did that and even Michael knew it was wrong. And even moreso, I have seen these kind of plots in drama shows and what would have made me sympathize with Michael is that he tells his brother to take his life instead of his mother’s. How about that for sincerity?

However, Michael instead intended to hold the hand of his uncle and conspire to kill his brother. That would have made their sins doubly wrong because they were already culpable in the events that led to the deaths of the innocent queen and then they intended to kill her son. So three lives taken and not a single life on their side.

rock.doll likes this.
  18. Chea chantrea

Chea chantrea Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems that I have to say bye-bye to doctor Elise, I can't stand the way Author handled things by letting Mil's mom off? Like wtf! I'm looking for spoiler bc I suspect that this might happen, and it comes true, as a person who values my family greatly i can't stand it when someone hurt them to this extent and still be alive, I might do something crazier than Linden. I know it just a faction but I can't help putting myself in Linden's shoes and the result is pain pain and pain. Since Everything is as expected it time to say goodbye.

19. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand your feelings. She was already crazy though so I suppose that’s a punishment in itself that she suffered for her deeds. I don’t see why her and her faction had to take things that far because I don’t get the impression that Linden’s mother had any power or political backing. All she had was the emperor’s love, which frankly speaking, in an emperor’s harem, it’s very frequent that the emperor favors one woman above the rest and neglects the others. These are political marriages anyway so “love” and “attention” aren’t guaranteed as long as the emperor fulfill his obligation to father children for succession.

The emperor also didn’t have much power at the time. So, I don’t see why those people had to take it that far. It was truly the strong oppressing the weak. I have not one iota of sympathy for them and their power trip. And then to think they had absolutely no remorse and was going to add to their sins by killing the dead mother’s last child. Some people just don’t know when to stop. Being “wrong” and “strong” is never a good thing. Then if Linden has slaughtered all of them he would have earned a bad reputation since most people probably didn’t know the crime that faction perpetrated against his mother and sister. I honestly hate all of them and their power hungry schemes. Michael, I couldn’t agree with except during the war time when he was with his comrades. He himself admitted that he understood that it was fair that Linden would retaliate (though I see it as seeking justice) for his dead mother and sister.

I also don’t sympathize with brothers fighting a bloody war over a throne including when the protagonist does it unless the other brothers are truly unfit and cruel for the country. Fortunately in this case it didn’t come to that in the end.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  20. aru17

aru17 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will we be getting side stories?
    I read somewhere it ended