Spoiler Clearing an Isekai with the Zero-Believers Goddess Spoilers

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Aean, Jun 11, 2020.

1. archeisse

archeisse Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No comments about how Makoto did sacrificial magic invoking both Althena and Ira? This raises some interesting implications regarding how sacrificial magic works. At the very least, it probably doesn't require the consent of the deity being invoked since Althena and Ira should both be opposed to its use

The sacrificial magic invoking Althena was the one that allowed Anna to invoke Michael. The DLs observed that Makoto is kind of insane with how unhesitatingly he used sacrificial magic. Then he used Ira's Divinity and a lifespan sacrifice for the use of that Cocytus spell.

Allow me to jump in on the Annabel thing. I do kinda hope that Anna, as a Tenba, can be preserved in some way into the future. After all, Momo's crush still has a hope since she now has unlimited lifespan, I want Anna to have the same chance to dammit! Althena, please help your lovelorn oracle!

And from there, if only Anna can be preserved, she might then take on the name Annabel in memory of Abel who is her human half. Something like that.

Feels good to get that theory out of my head. It's honestly been bumping around inside my skull for a while now.

2. Blank27

Blank27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, were you a raw reader? I thought you haven’t read the raws yet.

Sacrificial technique/self-destruction magic means you sacrifice your lifespan in exchange for the ability to use divine energy/anima in case you don’t have enough mana. It’s taboo to use since it’s dangerous and fatal. Noah didn’t really recommend Makoto to use this since he’s her only follower. Althena and Ira shouldn’t really care too since if they did, they would have banned the use of this too. In the case of invoking the sword of Michael, Makoto must have wanted to strengthen and speed up things when he used it. About how he did it though, he chanted right?

Anna and Abel are the same personalities. Example would be Run and Ren except with only one mind.

About Anna’s love though. Her situation is extremely complicated and I’ve personally ran out of thoughts to add. They’re all here already. I just hope to see she gets her happiness from Makoto. I think all the buildup romance between them will be gone if she’s actually Noel and she chooses Sakurai instead. I really want her to be be with Makoto.

3. Slayer66

Slayer66 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, Anna can only feel happy and safe with Makoto. I can't imagine her ending with someone other than Makoto. From my perspective, the feelings of Anna for Makoto are stronger than the feelings of Noel for Sakurai.
    On a side note, good to see you there @archeisse .

4. Slayer66

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course! She is everyone’s idol, Ira-chan☆! I wonder how the author created such an adorable and cute character. Even Makoto admits that her cuteness is foul play. He was struck by her cuteness for a moment when she smiled in his dream.

What I like about Ira is that her cuteness is not calculated or something like that. It really feels natural. She also cares about her believers and humans in general. She has a bad personality, but she is really kind in fact.

5. archeisse

archeisse Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Been reading the raws since around the time Reigokai started the Fire Country arc. Some comments made me look it up and I've been hooked since. Your reaction means I've been rather successful in keeping myself from spoiling people, which is nice. Not particularly fond of people who go all "well, I've been reading ahead, but I won't spoil you. But I'll spoil you anyway."

Anna and Abel are indeed basically a Ranma situation. Physical change only, the personality is basically singular. But they (pronouns are hard when you're both male and female but not hermaphrodite) do draw a line in identifying themselves. The way I understand it, Annabel being a human/Tenba hybrid manifests in the male Abel being all the human side, and the female Anna being all the Tenba side. I'm theorizing that it's probably possible to preserve the Tenba side while the human side dies at around 100 years of age (it might need Althena's intervention though), after which point she'd be fully Tenba and thus female. At that point, she'd probably identify mainly as Anna, but takes Abel's name to remember her human side, thus Annabel.

It's also another reason I'd prefer for Anna and Noel, as well as Abel and Sakurai, to be completely different person, no reincarnation or whatever. Just different people under all-too similar circumstances (and who happen to look near-identical in the case of Anna and Noel). You shouldn't have to be the reincarnation of a legendary hero to be one. That'd also allow for Noel and Anna(bel) to coexist. Noel with Sakurai, Annabel with Makoto, everyone's happy! (Though I'd still admit, with complicated feelings, that I consider Sakurai as being already in Makoto's harem. And were Makoto to express interest playing for the other team, or had one of them been a girl instead, they'd have been dating for a long time now.)

Now with regards to sacrificial technique, I'm fairly sure it's said that the technique is forbidden by the Holy Gods. That being said, it might simply be heavily discouraged rather than outright forbidden, since IIRC the only ones claiming it's forbidden are humans, thus not the most reliable source on the Holy Gods' policy. I've actually been under the impression that it's a sort of deal between the followers and their gods, since at the time Makoto used it twice earlier, it's always been Noah advising this and that and then Makoto doing as told. Most explicitly in the case of Bifrons' resurrection, where she said something to the effect of "wait, if you sacrifice this many years, I can give you protection for thirty minutes!" Thus I've been under the impression that the followers just kinda go "god, I offer however much lifespan it takes, so please help with such and such," thus requiring their gods' cooperation rather than them kind of hijacking their gods' power, which what Makoto did here smells of. In any case, it still isn't really clear so we'll see how Ira reacts next chapter.

Likewise! Nice to see the folks from Reigokai's site here as well.

I do agree. At this point, Anna isn't just smitten, she's fallen all the way through. So Althena-sama, please be nice to your lovelorn oracle and give her love a chance. She's worked really hard and deserves her happiness.

It'd also be interesting when in the present time (such that it is) the humans suddenly gain a second Light Hero and Oracle of Althena. At that point, I'm fairly convinced it'd be Annabel who become Makoto's main fiancée. That'd be rather inevitable really, I doubt Sofia would be all too eager to force the issue when the opponent is The Holy Maiden of legends.

Apropos of nothing, has anyone catalogued all the Drakengard influences in this series? So far, I've noticed the name Furiae, a Cain being a one-man berserker (the other guy is Caim though), the toothy, angelic, flesh-eating babies, the importance of pacts, and maybe some other stuff.

6. Slayer66

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it is allowed to have multiple people with the same hero skill or oracle skill at the same time. I think the Goddesses retrieve the Hero skills when their Hero die, right ? It is just a speculation though.

Speaking of Hero skills, I think the reason why there are multiple hero skills like Water Hero/Glacial Hero, Fire Hero /Blazing Hero, Earth Hero/Iron Hero and Tree Hero /Wind Tree Hero is because it allows the existence of more heroes (hero skills are probably skills that can only be used by one person at the same time), so alternative hero skills are created. I think the Glacial Hero Skill is more specialized in freezing just like [Ice magic: Monarch] from Sofia.

I always felt confused about wind magic. It is from the Sun element, right ? Why is Maximilian called the Wind Tree Hero and can unleash wind with his holy sword ? Maybe Wind Tree Hero is a skill created by Althena and Freya ?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  7. archeisse

archeisse Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also do think that Hero skill is passed down from the previous hero to the next. Though that raises the question as to why does it sound like Althena had to make another Light Hero skill? As regards to the whole multiple hero skills per goddess, I'm still not too convinced. Again my issue is if there are indeed more than one each, why have we not seen those other heroes when the people were gearing up for a big, cataclysmic war earlier? Still, any confirmation any which way will need to wait. Hopefully the author will make a note about it too.

Wind Magic is always something under Freya as I understand it. If nothing else it's also because Wind is one of the classic four elements, with Fire, Water, and Earth. Further consider Spring Log, the name of the nation, IMO it fits nicely with Wind Tree. That is, Spring Wind - Tree Log, fits right? What is under Sun Magic is Thunder and Lightning, i.e the stuff used by Geralt and Janet, in addition to light, and the generic healings, but specifically resurrection. Granted, Lightning and Thunder are things that sometimes get lumped under Wind too, so I understand the confusion.

In any case, following on my earlier point on how Althena seem to have had to make another Light Hero skill. I'm using that as the basis of my speculation regarding Anna being preserved for the present time. That she didn't die means the old Light Hero skill is stuck with her.

8. Slayer66

Reading List:
    Link
    That would be interesting. I think it is likely because if Anna comes to the present and isn't Noel, she will need the Light Hero skill to be useful against the Great Demon Lord.

archeisse likes this.
  9. Doctor Doctor

Doctor Doctor New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Theory time: since Anna can become a demigod, let's just assume that she lived through 1000 years just to wait for him.
    The whole Highland bloodline was actually Makoto and Anna's descendant. And Momo of the current timeline somehow invented a magic that can restore one's status as a virgin.

Aean likes this.
  10. Blank27

Reading List:
    Link
    She cannot exactly become a demigod. She’s on par with demigods but it isn’t inate. Imo, the reason she even managed to use the sword of Michael was due to the buff Makoto gave her. If it was just normal sunlight, she’s somewhat strong but the concentrated light boosted her tremendously and this is something he made using Undine’s mana. This is probably bigger than the one used on Sakurai.

Momo restoring virginity status is unlikely. Otherwise she would have used it before on other people and Makoto’s threats on losing his v-card would not have scared her. The only way I think that could be possible is if she could reverse time. Alas she can’t so maybe Makoto can in the future?

11. Slayer66

Reading List:
    Link
    AHAHAHAHAHA. A magic that can restore one's status as a virgin ? Quite a wild imagination you have. In our society, it wouldn't have any meaning because the fact that you had experience with a woman still exists. In the isekai, it does have a meaning because your blood taste better if you are one.

I think you misunderstand the chapter. Anna only had the power of a demigod temporarily thanks to Makoto self sacrifice magic, so it can't be said that Anna can become a demigod.

Theory: I think the whole Highland bloodline are actually a bunch of fakes. I suppose that Anna and Momo gave to some humans the authority and Anna slept in a coffin for 1,000 years. Anna probably didn't want to rule a country without Makoto at her side and marrying some man just for the sake of the prosperity of her bloodline. I theorize that Noel is actually a clone of Anna because there wasn't a Sun Oracle when the revival of the GDK was near. This could explain why Noel looks so similar to Anna.

12. Doctor Doctor

Doctor Doctor New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhmm, you could be right, but what if she just doesn't want to do that to others, and it's unlikrly that Makoto will do it on himself.

13. Doctor Doctor

Doctor Doctor New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kay, about that, it's my fault. I'm using google translate since i couldn't read japanese.thanks for correcting me.

14. Blank27

Reading List:
    Link
    Don’t worry about that. I myself first use DeepL and then comment here, reread the chapter in Google Translate, add some thoughts here, sleep then wait for the chapter in JPMTL. I read the same chapter three times just to get a better understanding since mtl sucks. Kinda works in it’s way.

15. Slayer66

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't mind it. I also use mtl. Weakest Mage is surprisingly readable even with google translate. Sometimes, I translate just one line, break it into multiple group of words and I translate them separetely for a better comprehension. Also, you have to discern the pattern of some mistranslated expressions or words.
    For example, "spear" is translated as "window" in korean and as "gun" in chinese. Even funnier, "magic power" is sometimes translated as "horsepower" in korean. In this WN, "Spirit User" is translated as "Elementalors" and "Shishō" as "Let's do". In japanese mtl, it also tends to put the wrong pronouns which can be a little confusing. It happens when the pronoun isn't clearly specified in a sentence.

16. HiroBlaze

HiroBlaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Blank27

Makoto is using the same logic as Rosalie forcefully summoning fire spirits to herself in fights. Makoto is forcefully tuning Anna and using her as a proxy to summon an archangel forcefully.

That being said Makoto would probably get the strongest reaction with tuning/synchro with Momo since he shares three magic affinities with her (water, sun, destiny). Just wait for it.

Honestly, what I like about Makoto is his insanity. Everyone including his companions and gods know that he's insane. However, Makoto still keeps upping and raising the bar for his insane acts each and every time. Even the demon lords are thinking "this guy is so much more insane and dangerous than us" which is comical.

@archeisse

Since you mentioned Ranma 1/2, it could also be possible for a Run/Ren (To Love-Ru) situation where their body splits at a certain age or under some conditions. One becomes a full angel and the other human. Abel made descendants and Anna left. However, they both have the same personality and Anna said that her girl form is the main one despite her unique body.

We probably exhausted all the Anna/Abel theories by this point in this thread now like everyone said.

@Zakoo

I see Ira like Kizuna Ai and Pekora. If there were any video games then Ira would probably join Makoto in slacking off together. I imagine her laugh like Pekora's and the attitude, then her dancing and singing skills on Ai's level.

17. Slayer66

Reading List:
    Link
    It makes me think of the interaction between Makoto and Cain. Cain can't keep up at all with the antics of Makoto.
    Lol. I think it is something like this : To interact with insane people, one must be as crazy or crazier than them.

18. NotCreative

NotCreative Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    New Theory:
    Noel is just someone with transformation skill like Aya, who is transformed into Anna
    (Joke)

19. Doctor Doctor

Doctor Doctor New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah,about that, i didn't meet those situations until now,except for the elementalor here. So, anyway, apart form Anna's theory, any theroy about RPG player? To me, it might have surpassed fate series's Counter Force.

20. Doctor Doctor

Doctor Doctor New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And you forgot to mention her flatness that might rival Rushia's level