Short Story Imminent nightmares: where is she?

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Jden, May 17, 2020.

1. Jden

Jden Well-known Dorse

Reading List:
    Link
    Once again she was chained to the scratchy wall. Her scrawny body was full of wounds both old and new. She used her one eye to look at the soft beam of light seeping through the cracks. With all the mental strength she could muster, she lifted the corners of her lips.

"What makes you think you deserve to smile?"

The sudden voice triggered a reaction. The woman's body trembled in fear, a chill ran down her crooked spine.

The owner of the voice stepped out from the shadow, revealing a beautiful casserole. Tall, dark and handsome. His features were refined and elegant, like an exquisitely crafted jade pendant. The only problem was his malicious expression, full of overwhelming resentment and void of sanity. It enveloped his body in pure chaos.

"Where is she?"

The woman stayed silent and still. She embraced herself, rocking back and forth. She hummed a gentle tune, ignoring the man.

"Ha. Are you deaf now?!"

He grinned wickedly. Lifting his palm in the air, he twisted his long slender fingers. In a smooth magnetic voice he murmured a mysterious incantation.

"Blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah~"

Seeing the rough silhouette forming above his hand, the woman scrambled around in terror.

"Nonono"

Her voice croaked out. But it was inaudible to the chanting man. Soon a terrifying form manifested from his array.

In a swift moment he slammed the concoction into her ears, evoking a shrill scream from her.

"CAN YOU HEAR NOW?"

Big cockroaches crawled inside her ears, encrusted with leftover crumbs of fried chicken. Slimy and cold, they wriggled down her ear canals.

"Gargh!"

Soon, blood dribbled down her mouth, a high pitch rang in her ear as the butterflies slid down her ears.

"Where. Is. She?"

His patience began to wane, so he immediately strangled her with his iron fist. Her neck turned yellow as she convulsed. She coughed wildly as she tried to whip her hair back and forth, to and fro.

"Salade de pommes de terre!"

She choked, spitting in his face. His face showed no reaction. With one finger he dug up her nostril, tearing her skin. Her legs hopped around madly as she screamed in agony.

"Ar@#+*&®!!"

"Hck!"

Thumbelina woke up in a flash, gasping for air. She heavily patted her chest, as tears ran down her eye. Her fist tightly gripped the sheets as she tried to calm herself down.

"No."

She took deep breaths, heaving up and down. Finally she was able to drown in calmness. She then softly walked out of her bedroom, hoping to forget the terrible nightmite.

Little did she know, he was under her bed. Under her floor. Under her house. Under...

I suck at writing stories and gave up mid way, as you can tell... Nothing feels scary when it's expressed in words. *sigh how do people even write stories... if only I could learn their ways. :blobconfounded: I also want to write a cute romance novel but it doesn't end up the way I want it to.

cocelean and ExcitableFoci like this.
  2. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Cries in learning english grammar while also learning how to write a story*

I dunno if I should laugh or cry at the fact of there being 250 regular anons reading my trash.

Jden likes this.
  3. Jden

Jden Well-known Dorse

Reading List:
    Link
    How dare u flex on me with your 250 regulars -_- I have feelings u know.

P.s, i read your recent writing prompt. It's really moving. :blobcry:

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    juniorjawz and ExcitableFoci like this.
  4. Keiko Ayano

Keiko Ayano Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m a hater because you’re a better writer than me.

J/k

Jden likes this.
  5. cocelean

cocelean Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone:

This is... a rather brutal story. It does grip you. The cliff hanger leaves behind the chilling thought that her dream might just become reality. With the added fear factor coming from the gruesome torture through those nightmarish abominations, not to mention the misleading description of handsome, the story played out quite differently to my expectations, bringing in the element of surprise. I don't see how this is lacking. You mustn't underestimate and put yourself down so much, because as the others mentioned, it's quite the astounding work!

6. MarkWalker

MarkWalker New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's not problem