Resolved How to have more favourite releases on the main page?

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by SwordDrake, Feb 18, 2021.

1. SwordDrake

SwordDrake Slice of Life Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    So I did a major cleanup on my reading list, and now my favourite releases on the main page frequently shows "no new favourite releases" and I have to go through all the empty pages for releases that came out a few hours before.

Is there anyway to increase the timeframe or something? So that I don't constantly think there's no new releases and end up missing new chapters?

2. Xxsafirex

Xxsafirex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if you only check the novels you follow, stop looking at the homepage and just go straight to the reading list ?

AliceShiki and Greater thunder like this.
  3. SwordDrake

Reading List:
    Link
    How do I view it like the favourites list?

Also after opening the new chapters in new tabs I look over the releases for hidden gems, so it would be more convenient to have it all on the main page

4. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    i think it might just be dependent on releases, timing, how NU displays stuff on the front page and how much is on your list(s) that are set to be displayed as favorites.
    I have two very long lists set as favorites on my front page and i still on occasion (though rareish) the 'no new releases' notice. then again, sometimes it also gets maxed out in number it can display on one page

5. 222222

222222 12121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Reading List:
    Link
  6. SwordDrake

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it would be nice if it didn't split the releases like that, missing chapters that I look forward to kinda sucks..

Sound
    Sounds like NU but with extra steps, I guess I'll try it if there's no other option..

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2021
  7. Xxsafirex

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't think there is a way to display every updates of a list on the homepage (or at least i'm not aware of it if there is)

8. CrimsonPhoenix

CrimsonPhoenix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You could also try editing the release filtering and getting rid of sites/groups that do mass releases like webnovel, flying lines, etc. but it depends on if you read any of their works.

There is a reading list that can be found on the right side or in the menu on the front page. As long as you add a novel to your reading list you can check there to see your last read chapter of it, the latest current chapter, and even the links to those chapters. Also there is a link to it in your status under your likes.

9. Xxsafirex

Reading List:
    Link
    that i know but i think he want the reading list formated like displayed in the homepage (in the favorite part) and with the random releases under

10. CrimsonPhoenix

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I have no clue about that but if all he is looking for are his favorites that he can't find without going through a bunch of pages then he might as well just use the reading list for those and only go through the main page if he's looking for something new. I also mentioned going through release filtering and getting rid of releases to make it easier to see favorites and new releases without having to go through multiple pages.

11. SwordDrake

Reading List:
    Link
    But can you arrange it by latest release if you view it from the reading list? If you can't then in terms of convenience just using the main page and scrolling through the favorites page would be better.

Xxsafirex likes this.
  12. CrimsonPhoenix

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah you can arrange it by latest release so it's no problem and it will tell you if you're up to date or where you last were. Plus if there are multiple chapters then you can click the book icon (last column) and see the last read chapter all the way to the current latest chapter and click the link you want to go to.

As for release filtering, its under user tools and you can customize a setup that works for you so you can include what you like and get rid of the releases you don't want whether through tags or groups or genres.

13. SwordDrake

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice, a decent solution to double check releases that I missed.
    Yeah I only have Yaoi filtered out, my main gripe was that the favourites list on the main page doesn't show enough, so it doesn't really matter what releases I don't want to see.

It seems like there isn't a proper solution, only workarounds on the main matter so I guess I have to live with it.

14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    The NU homepage always lists the last 80 releases. If your favorites are among those 80, they'll be shown on the top of the page.

If you are filtering out some of those releases, then the homepage will just show less than 80 releases, it will not show anything that is older than those.

There is no way to change that. The best way to go about is to check your Reading List page directly instead of using the Homepage.

15. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    You could increase the number of releases included in each page. This, there is a greater chance that every page has at least one fav release.

Or...you could add more series to the fav list!

16. SwordDrake

Reading List:
    Link
    Oo that sounds like a solution, how do I do that?

17. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    ... That's not possible AFAIK... >.>

18. SwordDrake

Reading List:
    Link
    Aww man I hope he's not talkin out of his ass on this one

19. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    All "favorites" do is put releases from each page to its top. So there's no way of increasing the time frame, etc.
    AFAIK there's no option to increase each page's release limit. Maybe with an userscript, but that might not work with favorites anyway.

Worry not - there's actually a cool subpage you can use: https://www.novelupdates.com/series-filtering/
    Put your favorite series in there and enjoy (up to) the latest 200 releases from all of them together (not of each).

20. SwordDrake

Reading List:
    Link
    This helps me...how? Instead of going to my reading list, I can go and individually input series to see what I can already see from the novels main chapter page?

It seems there is no way to increase the number of releases per page and I'm getting either jebait/4head/unrelated answers, so I'll put this as resolved.