Spoiler The Villainess Who Has Been Killed 108 Times. She Remembered Everything. The Maiden with the Ruby Cr

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by RaiLi, Oct 8, 2020.

1. princessnight

princessnight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Arisa is the mastermind behind her death most of the time. Not to mention she enjoys seeing mc die, but you want the mc in a yuri route with her? I mean i like yandere too, but she seems beyond redemption lol At least Brad didnt retain memories of killing mc or looked gleeful/sadistic when she dies...

2. Hailtotheking

Hailtotheking Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that's why i said a dark Yuri novel at least there's only 60 chapters so far so don't know if he still has memory's yet plus it would mix stuff up for once what i have read from the mtls stuff it is not like the normal romance i know she is like still young but its a bit obvious she will end up with brad

crispyliza and evanesco99211 like this.
  3. Sehzan

Sehzan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the link @ranzan !! The manga is quite slow with the update so I decided to read the novel instead.

I found some nice colored illustration for this novel, here guys!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry I don't know the context for all the Illustrations, except the first one (since we can read about in chapter 1):cookie:

augacutan and Eminakahs like this.
  4. salaza189

salaza189 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for your translation :aww:

evanesco99211 and Hailtotheking like this.
  5. ranzan

ranzan Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 16 (Seraphy's first) and Chapter 17 Part 1 are up.

6. ranzan

ranzan Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 17 p2 and 18 p1 are up

7. nixp

nixp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. ranzan

ranzan Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 18 2 and 19 1 (in a few hours) are up!
    Feel free to upvote, comment, and promote this novel as much as you'd like.
    I'm to chapter 32 already and it's such a good story I like reading it while I translate!

salaza189 and princessnight like this.
  9. evanesco99211

evanesco99211 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahem, maybe because we've actually read the story? In my previous post, I've already mentioned that the story is more complicated than that. In the first place, they were indeed enemies and part of the reason for that (in ML's case) is indeed the MC's fault. That's why there was no hard feeling. Of course, she IS afraid of him because he killed her but at the same time, she doesn't hate him because it's the type of killing that doesn't give you a bitter feeling. One, because the reason is justified (they ARE enemies, part of it IS her fault as the king). She knows this very well and has always feel guilty about it. Two, because he didn't torture her, unlike the others. Instead, he just ended it swiftly, letting her die with her dignity as a woman and a person intact. Three, they are enemies but he has always been fair and a gentleman when treating her and the others even though they are enemies. The way he killed her is just one of the many evidence of how kind of a person he really is. He didn't work with her other enemies (in executing her) because he knew what kind of fate awaits her had her other enemies get their hand on the fallen king.

Hence, the only thing you feel for her from being killed by such a person is, welp, she lost. This is wayyy different from AE where the ML treated MC worse than crap (even though they were supposed to be spouses) before he ended her life in a miserable way where you can't help but feel bitter, angry, and wish the MC could get her revenge on the ML.

But if you still wanna hate this story's ML simply because of that ONE similarity with AE's ML (ML killed MC in their previous life), oh well...

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  10. princessnight

princessnight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mc was responsible for his village's massacre. Mc knows she isnt completely innocent and accepted his revenge, which is why she didnt keep a grudge on him at the very least. Mc even said she doesnt dislike his character in current timeline.
    Also, he saved her a few times and serves her in the current timeline.
    He is not perfect but neither is mc.
    It's not like he is planning to murder her sigh.
    AE doesnt make a good comparision, they werent married or in a relationship. Not to mention, Brad never acted like Ruve.

11. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Heck, didn't the manga reach/already showed one of her deaths against Brad? She's aware of her faults by sacrificing his clan/village or something along those lines. As a ruler, she had to make tough choices, and Brad being able to sense thoughts/emotions due to his enhance senses at least made sure to kill her swiftly AND with dignity. I haven't read the novel like the rest but since other comments mention the rest of the heroes torture her when killing her? Yikes!
    Only issue I can see with Brad as with my earlier comments is the status gap and the fact that Brad's job is an assassin, not an ideal way to date/lifelong partner for a high ranking lady, additionally helped raise her in the main TL. But eh. I ship what I ship. From what was briefly shown in the translated manga, he did respect her and was the only hero not to fall to the white lotus heroine. So, plus points

12. evanesco99211

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, sorry. That was my mistake. By torture, I was actually trying to say that his method is the least... um... violent? Less torturous? Or something like that, compared to others (burnt to death, beheaded, poisoning, etc). I don't mean they deliberately torture her. I mean, I haven't read anything that seems to imply that (yet?) unless we're talking about how the fake heroine is mentally torturing MC and the others without them knowing by planning and executing her plan to ruin their lives.

ragnelles, FunSmiles and Viola202 like this.
  13. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, to those who've actually read the novel? Any spoilers on the rest of the heroes? Simon(?) the scholar is aware of the time loops and is essentially just joining whichever has the most chance of winning at first glance and sticks with it (since he's semi-aware of MC being different in main TL). How about the rest of the heroes? The prince/aristocrat? The hunter? The wind seer-ish/bard(?)?

augacutan, Dobokan and Viola202 like this.
  14. Viola202

Viola202 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers please:blobalert::blobalert::blobalert:

15. ranzan

ranzan Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've finished half of the WN so far (Ch. 33) in translation and I'm not going to give away much, but Alisa does lament that she's "lost two of her five heroes to Scarlet" so take that for what it's worth. It seems that the mother's (Cornelia) survival at the beginning of the novel changes the timeline dramatically.

BTW: some of you might not know this, but the number 108 is the amount of sins in Buddhism that are cleansed every New Years through 108 rings of the bell at local temples. In a sense, maybe Scarlet's 109th life is a "sinless" one.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  16. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    I can understand her lamenting losing whom I assume one of them being the scholar but judging from that one flashback of her death with Brad, wasn't it implied he was never truly at her side?

FunSmiles and Viola202 like this.
  17. ranzan

ranzan Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bradd, Seraphy have been introduced as of c34, where solomon makes an appearance. The other two are only mentioned. Bradd only killed her many times because the Lawless Crew would never sign a treaty and she always went to war with them.

18. evanesco99211

Reading List:
    Link
    I only MTLed until chapter 49. My memory is kind of hazy so kindly take this with a grain of salt :blobsweat_2:

So far, only Brad and Seraphy (the wind seer-ish/bard) have met the MC, and the background story of Brad, Seraphy, and Arnold has been somewhat explained.

In the past, Seraphy is something like a best friend or right hand of Brad. He doesn't have any personal issue with Scarlett but ended up as one of her enemies anyway because of his affiliation with Brad, which is kind of unfortunate. I mean, he is personally connected with Scarlett's father due to a common enemy (her father's so-called concubine and the concubine's equally shitty family) and so they were working together towards that. I don't know how he could choose to work against Scarlett in the first place but anyway, in one of the memories, he seems to finally (kinda) figure out the truth about her (that she's not the enemy) right before the end. She died before he could convince the others to stop though.

Now, he's one of the key figures working together to help Scarlett, her mother, her nanny, and Brad, out of the fire. It seems like he'll be a close friend of Brad again and also Scarlett's, this time.

By the way, Scarlett's father is an absolute cringe :blob_blush: he... towards his wife... during/after the fight... like, ugh... could you please not in front of your kid?!

I don't remember if Arnold is the noble or the hunter but in the past, his family was executed and mocked cruelly in front of him by Alisa (the fake heroine). He thought the one who did that was Scarlett because of Alisa's ability. After her death, Alisa told him the truth just to harass him again. I don't remember what happened after that though.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    TrinaAngel, Lucila, geckin and 20 others like this.
  19. ranzan

ranzan Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, just finished c36 so...

Solomon looks like he and Alisa are the real evil here. The battle with the demon dog has been a LOT of fun to translate, but it's spanning like almost 10 chapters. I also love this Captain of the Royal Guards Matzo...he's just a great character and is fun to translate as well.

TrinaAngel, Lucila, Shieri and 14 others like this.
  20. ranzan

ranzan Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Next couple of chapters (second one after a few hours) is up.