Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Checking shukuw and found out some interesting titles
    穿成富婆的小娇妻
    Transmigrated into a rich young wife
    Mc: I don't want to work tomorrow, I wanna be taken care of by a young rich wife. God hear my plea, I'll be a vegetarian.
    System: that's your wish
    Mc: QAQ

穿书后我被女主标记了
    transmigrated into a book and is marked by heroine
    Mc become cannon fodder who drugs heriune, so she drinks the drugged drink.
    Mc: why did I become an O and heroine A? Where is my O heroine!?

最强反派拯救计划[无限]
    The strongest villainess rescue plan
    Mc Qin Dongwan read escape game novel with shitty mary sue heroine, and the villainess Luo Shu (loli?) is her favorite
    After posting 3k words complain, she died from being struck by thunder
    System: congratulations mc, player of Villainess Rescue Plan beta ver!
    Royal sister (looks) mc x Villainess loli (looks) fl

Pregnant with Boss' baby
    不小心懷了上司的孩子
    What title said

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    AsianessPride likes this.
  2. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    What happens when they not young anymore? Vampires in the story?

3. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    [Yuribatake Bokujou (Kon)] Otome Game no Heroine wo 3kai Ikasenaito Hametsu suru Heya ni Haitte Shimatta... (Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta...) [English] [AidsAndCheese] [Digital]

Maria x Bakarina h doujin, this is great. Also there's also another story from same author untranslated at nh.

4. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    Happy Valentines Day
    I am late
    D801AC63-C0A4-4175-9A40-CC96ABBAA813.jpeg 6125434E-C906-4FCE-9B5D-09CA4151D9AC.jpeg D7B12F72-2C25-42FA-AB30-AE7362392A5C.jpeg C5F81528-683C-49C6-B3D0-866B32EA756A.jpeg 72E6B581-E823-4327-A592-7F68AD22BA83.jpeg 637AD635-A343-4520-93D6-5E68DA2DD441.jpeg 040D566F-195C-4666-B199-44E781957C9B.jpeg FB6CF143-2199-4997-9EC8-C8A475625AD7.jpeg BD490186-D95A-4087-B5A7-0861CEF798D0.jpeg 7A871E18-065F-4676-912C-F3FE9BA39B4C.jpeg 8A5F1540-E2B4-47D4-A8A5-7F7E4F01A6F1.jpeg 29245E01-49A6-4A68-8A7D-E8D294CEBE84.jpeg 57F2AC0D-DB02-4195-822F-CED0A4A74B53.jpeg 40B227A2-9FC7-4B1B-AAA3-D382AB3D52E3.jpeg 4FB562A2-8AD1-46FF-A82C-7A1E2655AF8E.jpeg

MythosRes and AsianessPride like this.
  5. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    Happy Valentines Day
    Source: My food seem to be very cute
    D10AF394-CFE8-4E5C-A17B-47752A398FEF.jpeg
    A2FE9DEF-A6BF-4167-A907-0EE5CDCBDEF7.jpeg 985BC115-0878-483E-81DC-6D4E8211271D.jpeg 49CFF5BF-4896-490F-89A4-E347A28D20C8.jpeg

Ubik and AsianessPride like this.
  6. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    AsianessPride likes this.
  7. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    Wished you put the English title too, it’s how I choose novels to Mtl.

Also, I’m kinda wary of the novels you recommend, can you put tags? Like whether or not it’s gender bender. I don’t consider female to male or male to female as yuri afterall. Not to mention, the summary have male pronouns

8. Riptide01

Riptide01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Google translate can't tell the difference between the female pronoun (她) vs the male (他) so often it just translates into the male version. Fun fact: there used to be only one pronoun for both male and female in Chinese but then it got complicated so they decided to differentiate it in writing. However, orally, they are both pronounced the same (ta) so it causes a lot of confusion if you're not careful. Sometimes tv dramas like to use this for funny misunderstandings. Also, the Chinese language doesn't like using pronouns often if we can help it and so it is often implied in the subtext. Sometimes you don't realize a character is a female till 20 chapters later. Very confusing and annoying overall.

And idk if jjwxc does gender bender at all, at least I haven't found one yet....probably cause I stick to mainly realistic fiction GL on that site. So if the tags have a "百合" and the summary doesn't say anything about gender bender, you should be good.

Also, since I'm bored and I don't wanna study for my math test, here are the roughly translated titles and a quick TLDR I've what I got from the first 1-3 chapters of each one:
    1. 我在古代种田追妻的日子GL -> Chasing my wife during my ancient farming days(GL)
    - Transmigrated into some random alternate ancient Chinese time period and forced to crossdress as a boy. Kicked out of the house with a younger sibling and left to farm some land. The new neighbor is the FL who seems like your kindhearted girl next door type. Looks like a slow-burn romance.
    2.穿成女主白月光 (快穿) -> Trasmigrated into the FL's white moonlight (Quick Transmigration)
    - The white moonlight here usually means first crush or unattainable love (hence the word moonlight since you can only look at it but can't grasp it)
    - Transmigrated into a scumbag role (some sort of casanova) who also happens to be the FL's white moonlight and now her system tasks her with bringing happiness to the frustrated (both literally and sexually) FL
    -Pretty much comedy and rather lighthearted so yay:blobmelt:
    3.傻驸马-> Foolish Fuma
    -For those who have read JWQS I'm sure you're familiar with the term, but Fuma means princess consort (Aka princess' husband)
    -A bright illustrious princess is forced to marry a foolish son of a minister because the minister's eldest son died to save the Emperor and the Emperor felt guilty, so he rewarded the minister with a royal marriage. Looks like another historical cross-dressing type of romance but it doesn't seem like the MC is a transmigrator, I think she's an original denizen of this world. *Warning: There is the 正剧 tag next to it which usually means tragedy or drama.....so beware.

9. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Question: do people who translate/pay attention to tags use the "romance" tag in combination with the "yuri" and "Shoujo-AI" tags? I just want to filter out all the romance stories from my feed (too many Korean villainess romance novels (never knew I would say something so specific so seriously) ) but afraid to accidentally filter out most yuri novels too

Moonpearl likes this.
  10. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of the ones on my reading list use the "romance" tag, so I think you'll run into trouble like that.

11. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh... I guess I'll have to put up with my fair dose of "pampered by escape boss" and "fierce lofty concubine" in the feed...

Moonpearl likes this.
  12. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    The feedback form for the Sappho's Spinning Wheel event is now open~!

You can find it here: https://forms.gle/MsJVvTM6U81BfCSR8

There are no mandatory questions, so answer as much as you'd like.

13. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
  14. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    被渣之後
    After being Scummed
    ... Rec?
    Honestly I can't believe I read this in... Less than 24 h
    Anyway mc is dumped by a girl she used to raise, and meet her ex's "rival". Also apparently her ex didn't consider her " Rival" As rival but as someone she admired.
    Mc is angry angry, until she meet fl child who lived next door with fl granma. Fl husband divorced to chase a male third party.
    Mc ex married a director and later they get married. and fl choose to never cooperate with mc ex's new wife .
    Later mc has scandal, and ex make a live announcement avout her past with mc, its true she used to be supported with mc and loved her.
    Mc shock when ex said mc is lil prince but unfortunately she's not her prince. I think the author forgot about the plot why ex has guilty conscience and went to hospital and meet mc.
    Ch21 is when fl wonders why her ex broke up with mc
    Ch 30s is when the ex get married
    Ch 60s when fl and mc together
    Mc is... Childish and always look cold but that's her exterior
    Rate: 8/10? Some plot are missing. Also too bad mc doesn't want to add another daughter of her and fl, and fl current daughter is enough.

15. Riptide01

Riptide01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, wait, I'm confused. What's the summary here? So MC helped some girl she liked become famous but then the girl dumped her when she did become famous? Then there are some kinds of cheating involved? That's like all I got from that

16. GuguruTranslate

GuguruTranslate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember reading this, the sense of loss I got after finishing it was heavy... Since I love the interaction between MC and FL so much.

17. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    After a quick look around their site, it seems you start the process here: https://ssl.syosetu.com/useradd/mailinput/

After you verify your email, they'll send you the instructions on how to register.

19. blazingseraph

blazingseraph Professional GL Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been like 5 years since I last posted here but I'm back (tentatively). Basically I overheated my laptop and have been stuck on mobile since then so my motivation for typing stuff out was at an all time low. Haven't fixed my laptop yet but I've read a bunch of stuff since then and I've been itching to at least talk about them. Also good news! This got picked up.

I've actually read way too much to review all of them and tbh I forgot some of the stuff I've read since I've been reading one after the other, so the ones I'm gonna talk about are stuff I remember.

别来有恙 (Don't Come Ill): I read the summary, thought it'll be funny with some emotional drama with the amnesia setup, and then got punched in the gut repeatedly. The MCs broke up 10 years ago and then ended up separated since then because of circumstances only Xiao Jin knew about. They don't meet again till a blind date and then they got in a car accident together where Xiao Jin ended up with amnesia to the second day they got together in high school. Mu Zhenxi felt the need to take care of her until her memories return, and that was the start of their reentanglement with each other. Of course, things are never easy and it's a long journey of angst before they get back together and find out what happened to Xiao Jin since then. Really heartwrenching stuff in this story, so I'll have to give it a 9.5/10 since I felt the execution needed a little more polishing.

新欢 (New Love): Honestly I just wanted to include this to write a not so good review of it. I don't think anything was wrong per se, I just felt it was extremely dry. The emotions involved and the development of the romance just felt extremely stale, which isn't good for a romance story. I read up until chapter 85 and had to stop cause the story just drained my will to continue so just a heads up for anyone looking to read it.

穿书后我被女主标记了 (I Was Marked By the Hostess After Wearing a Book): So the MC transmigrated into a cannon fodder, drank the medicated water she was gonna give to the FL, and then the FL split into an alpha instead of an omega as she originally was supposed to. Thus begins the MC's journey of accidentally hooking the FL and holding her thigh while being a very wholesome character herself. Nothing truly groundbreaking about this story, but it was very entertaining and the movie plots the author thought up for the MC to act in were really interesting. Basically a sweet text with some drama but easily solvable with the FL's power. 9/10 since it felt a little too standard for a perfect score.

被渣之后 (After Being Scumbed): The MC is a physically handicapped (her legs are lame) rich person who was raising the person she was in love with before being broken up with by her so she can marry someone else. The MC was broken hearted about it and met the FL who went through a bad break up herself. You can read the rest in the summary, but basically it's a story of finding new love and healing your wounds. There's no "face slapping" that happens, except with the FL's ex husband through plot related reasons, since the story is focused more on healing then revenge. It's a slow process for the MC to open herself up again since she was bullied for having disabled legs and having no parents, but through the power of the FL's daughter making friends with her and the FL's gentleness, she was able to open up to having friends. The FL also found herself falling for the MC's cuteness (she's genuinely very cute), and they were able to help each other heal whether it be scars, or broken hearts. Genuinely just a very sweet story, 10/10.

遇见Omega后我变成奶狗了 (I Became a Milk Dog After Meeting Omega): The MC has been looking forward to becoming an omega her whole life (mainly cause of her mommy complex) and planned to use being an omega as her ace in the hole to get together with her male god. An accident caused her to be marked by an omega who was in heat in a fitting room, and that was when things started falling off course. Said omega was the S rank omega president of the student union, the whole school's goddess. Said goddess was also the girl the male god was chasing, so her rival in love now. Of course, things don't turn out as they seem as the FL has no intentions of accepting the male god's confession. A lot more stuff happens, the male god turns out to be a scumbag, the MC splits into alpha, then the romance really starts going from there. It's also a little bit of a reversal where the common conception of alpha x omega is the alpha is in charge while the omega caters to the alpha. With the MC and FL, however, the alpha is a little milk dog who is very obedient and listens to her omega and loves acting like a baby. Honestly really cute and their relationship feels like eating cotton candy with how sweet it is. FYI, them being together accounts for nearly half of the story so expect to be stuffed with dog food. 9/10 since there's some drama that happens that felt overly dramatic for the setting.

温柔童话 (Gentle Fairy Tale): This one... honestly felt very apprehensive in reading cause it's a big age gap and the setup felt like it could go in bad directions. Bad as in grooming, but it turned out to be okay. The MC was adopted by the FL after her parents died, an accident that was caused by the FL's older brother. That was something that the FL decided after trying everything else first but found that the MC was the safest with her. The MC was 6 at the time, and she lived with the FL since then as she grew up under her care. The reason grooming didn't enter the equation here is cause the FL was barely home and wasn't so much a "parent" as a guardian protecting the MC from the wind and rain. She didn't discipline or raise the MC so much as just provide the MC with the resources she needed to decide her own life. The FL herself is a very cold person who doesn't really have friends or lovers and is very restrained. Most of the story is a secret love from the MC towards the FL and their relationship doesn't happen until the MC is getting her masters degree in college. The story was exactly as advertised though, and felt very gentle in the love that grew between them. Of course, there's a lot of angst considering the adoptive relationship + age gap + the FL's family killing the MC's parents + the FL basically raising her. All in all though, I'd give it a 9/10 since I still feel the premise is a lil sus.

反派觉醒计划[快穿](Villain Awakening Project [QT]): A story in which the FL is always overpowered. The MC is a system who was recalled as a system after living as a human for 23 years. She makes a contract with the main god in exchange for a chance at reviving her sister with enough points. Her job is to bind with the villain of a small world and get her to complete the tasks there. Things don't go quite as planned when she finds out her host doesn't seem to be the original character in the plot. Even more, her host is overpowered as hell and isn't even interested in the tasks. The only interest she has is in her. Things get even weirder when the host tells her that she has other "selves" out there and they can meet again even after she leaves the small world she's currently in. Thus begins the MC's journey through multiple small worlds with different aspects of her host based on the seven deadly sins. It's a very interesting concept and while there's a lot of flaws with how nondetailed the settings are for each world except for like, 2 of them, how the OPedness ended up making certain parts feel like filler and whatnot, the story was pretty good overall. The biggest appeal was the concept and 2 worlds had very very interesting plot lines. Both of those worlds being horror based to boot and with interesting identities for the host. One of those worlds was an almost apocalyptic fantasy where aliens called scarlet beasts invaded the earth who had the power to weave illusions to trap their prey and eat them. Humans eventually evolved where some of them had the ability to see through the illusion but it's rare and the host of this world was an unfortunate child born of a human and scarlet beast. Even more interesting is how she had a split personality between gluttony and jealousy with each having different powers. Jealousy having the ability to weave illusions while gluttony can eat souls. The other world is the last one where the setting is an infinite stream horror game involving eldritch horrors. The host is, of course, the top eldritch god who took an interest in the MC. Really fascinating settings so I have to give it a 9/10 just for that, plus it was written well enough that there weren't any glaring issues.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  20. blazingseraph

blazingseraph Professional GL Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    ALSO, no clue if any of you watch Critical Role, but Beauyasha is officially canon AND they kissed.

If you don't know what Critical Role is, it's basically Dungeons and Dragons but played by famous voice actors including Matthew Mercer (McCreein Overwatch), Laura Bailey (Jaina Proudmoore in World of Warcraft), and Ashley Johnson (Ellie in The Last of Us). Beau is a human monk played by Marisha Ray and Yasha is an aasimar (angel adjacent) berserker played by Ashley Johnson.

Some art of them:
    [​IMG]
    Source: ruvigapo
    [​IMG]
    Source: lesly-oh
    [​IMG]
    Source: nightmaskart
    [​IMG]
    Source: lesly-oh
    [​IMG]
    Source: twistedseart
    [​IMG]