Spoiler I Swear I Won’t Bother You Again!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Oct 24, 2018.

1. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so uh... Out of Curiosity have we finally confirmed one way or the other if the little sister is a white lotus or just .. well ignorant and innocent but still actually really does like her sister ; when last I left off it was being rather greatly debated lol

2. Nuzlocke

Nuzlocke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The little sister is legitimately a good person yes.

Creolenerd and Jukki like this.
  3. sirwence

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks ; interesting to not see a white lotus ; though we do have 2 Yanderes lol. I wonder how it ends between her and her sister though.

4. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    Slow updates are slow lol

5. sirwence

Reading List:
    Link
    I also recall Vio will have a fight with her father and run away and much more Yulian progress will ensue though shes not in the best of emotional states ( so far never has been in the series sadly) How does the sister handle that (and honestly I couldnt see Marin remaining..still her loyalty is 100% Violet she cares not for the family at all) .. and how far off from that is the Manhwa is anyone happens to know

6. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    The manga?

Preeeeeeeeeeetty far.

sirwence likes this.
  7. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I saw that on you tube when someone asked what others thought of her. It was really baffling! But there were also quite a few who saw her for what she was since she was well portrayed. Some found her a bit creepy for her obsession with Athy and her dark magic. But, it's still a better portrayal as the love and hate and neutral groups for her are equally divided compared to marijun who seems to be hated by the majority and found to be unrealistic.

Creolenerd likes this.
  8. Nightingale4444

Nightingale4444 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This thread is literally NU’s purgatory at this point, which I find a bit funny (I don’t know if I’m the only one).

Honestly, after an endless amount of one dimensional shoujo antagonists it’s kind of fascinating to find one that can spawn 40 discussion pages. The only other character I’ve been so unsure about before was that concubine from “College aged empress”. I’m here for it! :cookie:

9. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the story is taking another turn into the land of WTF
    163. A story of trust with nothing

"What ...?"

Unintentionally, I was astonished and frustrated. When I look at Zilant with a stunned feeling, I can't see any feelings. He stands with a calm and indifference, which is the opposite of Marin, who is about to turn his eyes. In fact, Zilant may not be as interested in Sisui as on the left.

Zilant, who thrust his hands into his slacks pocket and left his back on the wall, just glanced at Marin, who had no words, and said nothing. I didn't realize that it was waiting for this question. I just couldn't control the questions that arose.

"No way, really hit me ..."

"Well, I declared that person would hit me."

I went to see it when I knew it, but I laughed at it without much fun. A distorted smile that mocked people. If you look only there, it's a very rotten personality. If you're on Violet's side, I wouldn't complain about the inside, but if you didn't know anything, you would have been very cautious.

"But I'm sorry. I didn't hit it, I threw it, but the answer was correct."

"Nah ... geta"

"That guy was angry and was about to ruin Vio's room. When he stopped it, he resisted, so he threw it reflexively."

The explanation is so flat that Marin may be convinced, but it's not as simple as the words.

If it's just about pure muscle strength, it's overwhelmingly superior to Shisui. The head is also tall and has a good physique as it is, but the muscles of Shisui who also do hard work and the good style are different. I haven't heard of any experience in martial arts, but I feel like I'm used to the rough. Mainly because of facial expressions and facial expressions.

However, what lies between employment and employment is "power" that is different from pure strength. For whatever reason, no one keeps the chef who has thrown his employer away-normally.

"I wasn't punished because I didn't get to the table, but I heard he got fired. I heard it when I received the package, so I don't know the details."

"Oh, so ... the head"

"... Come on?"

Contrary to Marin's tense expression, Zilant has no worries. I even felt like I had this time to spare because of the lack of undulations that I could afford. Marin's question is that he is not interested in fragments. It is not indifference to Marin, but sincere indifference to what Marin asked.

"It seems that he wasn't conscious for a while after hitting the ceiling, but he seems to have handed him a dismissal, isn't he already awake?"

It's a line that makes it difficult to judge whether it should be reassuring. Marin can stroke her chest because she isn't exposed, she isn't subject to punishment, and Shisui's safety is established, but it's not a good thing for people. It would be important to just hit the head, but if you lose consciousness, death must be the one who goes astray.

Still, I didn't think of anything. I was relieved that Shisui wasn't punished, but that was all. Rather, I just remembered being stupid.

"If you're not dead, it's the same as unharmed."

"……I agree"

I wonder what that is. It may not be right to have such an impression when a person is literally hurt.

If they were dead as they were, they wouldn't have any feelings for that man or that house. And it will not boil in the future. It was the same kind of emotion that people wanted to get rid of pests, and it was such a light murderous intention.

"I'm working on hiring Shisui here, so don't worry. But don't let Vio hear you. Just like you, I'm going to quit and get a job again."

"I know"

Violet will surely blame himself for everything if he learns of his father's injury, not to mention Shisui's dismissal. It's not a kindness or feeling of that dimension, but a remorse for myself because I've been oppressed. The thought circuit that was created because I thought it was my fault because I was told that it was your fault does not change just because I was away from the cause.

In the old days, it was therefore fierce. I want to blame someone because I think I'm bad. I can't stand my self-hatred and attack others, and when I hate myself more, I attack repeatedly. It was the worst vicious cycle, but it was much healthier when it was screaming and screaming, rather than trying to accumulate everything inside and die slowly like it is now.

It wasn't Violet's fault, but it was said to be your fault. So, in a sense, it was normal for the five bodies to be upset and rampage if it wasn't my fault.

"All I can do is believe and leave it to me."

"I'm honored"

The elevator stopped with the sound of a bell. The faint feeling of floating has disappeared, and the gorgeous lobby spreads out beyond the slowly opened door.

There are no more words between the two who have discussed the information they want to share. No piercing sharpness, rather nothing air. If you don't feel comfortable, you won't feel anxious. It was that kind of silence and that kind of trust.

Well I have been wanting to see the father get beaten but this makes no sense whatsoever.

Second what the hell , there's an elevator with a bell? Just when is this set?

Bastian, Grace34, chiri.ru and 7 others like this.
  10. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    Who translates these? Is this everything that's written? The story's all over the place lol

I ASSUME Crap!Dad was going to trash Vio's room, and some guy told him to stop before something was thrown and someone got hurt? Blah, blah, blah, both of Vio's allies plan to quit?

11. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is interesting. After reading this spoilers I wanted to continue this story. +1

12. windtear

windtear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In order:
    1) Google and/or other online English to Japanese dictionary programmes. They basically run a straight word-to-word substitution and then put it through a grammar checker. Yeah. Reading machine translations of Asian novels is fun. That's why we are so sad the human translators of ISIWBYA have dropped it.
    2) Yes, this is all that's been written. The author seems to be writing about a chapter a month right now.
    3) We know. If it wouldn't slow the writing down even more, I'd be begging the author to get an editor.
    4) I think it was: CrapDad threw a tantrum and tried to trash Violette's room, but Yulan dropped by Vio's place and got an update on the situation from the servants, including that CrapDad punched Violette. He raced up to Violette's room, saw what was going on and proceeded to punch CrapDad hard enough that CrapDad was sent reeling into the wall. It's unclear if he just punched once or if he gave CrapDad his deeply-deserved thrashing, but either way CrapDad was left injured. Yulan then left and went looking for Violette.
    5) I think the only thing Marin intends to quit is being civil to CrapDad and the rest of that family. It's fair to say, though, that as far as Yulan is concerned the gloves are off. So now I'm reading to see just how Yulan is going to utterly wreck CrapDad and how hard he's going to bring him down.

13. Xxr

Xxr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone give me a summary of the spoiler ? It's hard to read 44 pages.please:blobdizzy:

14. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That doesn't seem to be right but who knows with this.

The chef Shishui was the last guy to punch crapdad while crapdad was busting up Vio's room.

Why? Who knows?

Far as I can see Zilant/Yulan hasn't been in Vio's house since the beating and not even then.

The author has generally been screwing with the readers at this point. I feel pretty safe saying nobody wanted a chapter about the furniture in the hotel. What next a digression into Japanese cuisine?

This last chapter was one event crapdad being punched surrounded by garbage. Yes a chef punching a noble will make it hard for him to get a job. Marin is still strange, Yulan is WUT?.

It;s been about 20 chapters since gramps made an appearance, only to disappear. I forget how long since Yulan triggered MJ like that one snowflake that starts an avalanchenand it's still chapters about tea, furniture, her hair

It's no wonder commenting is disabled on Syosetu

edit: Just a note the manga so far has been doing a much better job with the material than the novel. In the latest chapter we got MJ's thoughts, something we never get in the novel

That said, the manga has already significantly diverged and is slowly going into homage, inspired by, or fan fiction territory. Not a bad thing considering how much of the WN is maudlin navel gazing.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    Tt123, Nuzlocke and rock.doll like this.
  15. windtear

Reading List:
    Link
    The spoilers are basically synopses of the novel chapters as they come out. The novel is still being written (very very slowly) so nobody can give you the ending. But, since you ask:

You know the blurb - Violette is desperately jealous of her sister, tries to kill her, spends 18 months in prison, wakes up two years earlier, resolves to do better this time and become a nun.

So it's the day after Maryjun's arrival and she and Violette go to a garden party. Here we meet Yulan, Violette's childhood friend. He is a year younger than she and resembles his 'cousin' the Crown Prince, who considers him a better man in almost all respects. As the novel progresses we will learn that Yulan is the King's son by one of his mistresses who the King strongarmed one of his relatives into adopting (a thing which is known by all of the other nobles but is politely Not Talked About), that he met Violette when she rescued him from bullies when they were both kids, and that he is utterly yandere for her. It is also implied that he knows temporal magic and therefore could be the reason Violette went back in time.

At the party one of the other noble girls with whom Violette has been friendly accidentally-on-purpose pours tea on MJ's skirt. The Crown Prince immediately attacks Vio as the instigator. Where before she defended herself and sealed the Prince's opinion of her as a jealous woman, here she stays silent. Yulan sarcastically tells the Prince how clever he is to see the whole situation at just a glance without talking to anybody and sweeps Vio off to eat. The Prince starts to brood on Yulan's words and realises that he jumped to conclusions that were probably wrong and resolves to pay more attention to Vio and the situation.

Next they're off to school. Vio resolves to spend more time with Yulan rather than throwing her attention away on the Prince and so starts to eat lunch with Yulan and spend time after school with him instead of fluttering around the Prince. Now that she's suddenly gone right after he accused her of something she blatantly didn't do, the Prince misses Violette. After a few days where it becomes blatantly obvious she is avoiding him, he gives a Royal Request for her to meet him for afternoon tea one day, where he apologises to her. The scene has the Prince reflecting on how she's not such a bad girl really and Vio wondering why she wasted so much time dreaming of this bloke and trying to think of a way to politely leave. She had been looking for Yulan right before getting the order, so once Yulan finds out she's at the Prince's salon he turns up to collect her. She grabs the chance to leave with obvious haste, leaving the Prince behind watching them go. Prince sees Vio smile at Yulan with happiness, realizes she was only smiling politely at him, and gets jealous.

Next is the violin recital thing. Vio realises that the Prince has barely interacted with MJ this time, while last time they were close enough that he invited her to the royal box. So she decides to tutor MJ in the violin to get her up to standard for a performance to attract the Prince's attention. We get some scenes here of the family interaction and we get to see how MJ is praised for everything but Vio is either told to help her sister more or ignored. MJ also asks to take afternoon tea with Vio and there's a truly painful scene where MJ is prattling on thinking everything is fine and Vio is trying not to scream. At the recital, MJ performs beautifully but when the Prince is getting ready for his performance his cape is ripped accidentally and there's no time to go get a new one. When some of the other ladies begin to discuss punishing the stage crew for allowing it to happen, MJ rounds on them, speaking in defence of the commoner crew. Meanwhile in the dressing area, Vio whips out a needle and thread and quickly mends the Prince's cape. He asks her how she knows to do that, because noble girls consider sewing beneath them. She fobs him off because she can't tell him she learnt to sew in order to pass the time in prison. When the other nobles ask how the cape got mended she says that she'd brought along one of their household's seamstresses in case something happened to her or MJ's outfits.

We now have the studying for exams arc, where Vio and Yulan make plans to study together and the Prince and MJ horn in. Vio chooses to see it as a chance to get MJ and the Prince together. This is where a lot of fans start really disliking MJ as she starts making overtures to Yulan, specifically because Vio likes him.

We now start a flashback arc in which we learn that Vio spent her childhood dressed as a boy at her mother's insistence and consequently was molested by her mother who pretended she (Vio) was her (Vio's) father, because of how much Vio resembles him. She also used to beat Vio for not being him. This only stopped when Vio hit puberty and became very physically obviously a woman. Polite Society saw Vio going around in boys' clothes with a boy's haircut and boyish mannerisms, and saw her sporting unexplained bruises, but very deliberately Did Not Connect The Dots, but consequently Vio and her situation now have a lot of sympathy in Society, though Vio doesn't realise it.

Now it is The Day That Never Ends. It starts when Vio's grandfather, the duke's ex-father-in-law, summons the duke for a Discussion about his behaviour. We do not yet know what was discussed, why Grandfather is only entering the story now, what his role is, or why he is able to order the duke around (but there's a lot of speculation on this forum). It continues when the current duchess summons Vio to afternoon tea. During this tea she makes it clear that she has been ignoring Vio at the duke's order. She makes overtures to Vio that are borderline creepy and strongly reminiscent of Vio's mother. Vio gets out as soon as she can. Meanwhile at school, MJ has 'overheard' some girls discussing (loudly) her situation, that her father is an adulterer, her mother is a golddigger and she's a bastard upstart, and how forbearing Lady Violette is, so graciously enduring such people. She (MJ) runs into Yulan and asks him if he's ever said such things. He promptly tells her he never said it but he definitely thought it. When she goes "Huh?" he asks her what she expected because what else do you call a man who openly lives with a woman when he's married to someone else, what else do you call a woman who sleeps with a married man, and what do you call a child born between two such people who insists on entering polite society? And regarding Violette, how could she possibly like such interlopers? And before she says how loving her father is, how loving was he to Vio? MJ is shocked at the reality that has been shoved in her face and races home. She bursts into Vio's room, crying, and demands to know if it's true that Vio feels that way. Before Vio can say anything, their father comes home and bursts into Vio's room. Looking around and seeing MJ crying, he yells at Vio that she's determined to destroy all his happiness and punches her in the mouth. MJ jumps between them and starts screaming, the duke is screaming, and Vio scrambles and gets out of there. She starts running and doesn't really stop until she bumps into Yulan who picks her up, tells her he loves her and wants to marry her and take her away from her entire horrible family. He then takes her to a hotel to wash and rest in a safe place. Marin arrives at the hotel with some of Vio's stuff and news about what's going on back at the ducal mansion. Apparently the duke got punched, either by the chef or Yulan (or possibly both? I hope it's both). Vio is calming down, Marin is calming down, Yulan is coldly furious with the duke and determined to get Vio away from the whole shemozzle and the ducal mansion is in chaos as the servants are in revolt at Vio's treatment. And it's only 6 or 7 in the evening. We still have 6 hours to go. What next?

Bastian, xpeanut, Opelia and 54 others like this.
  16. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't there a whole arc with a fake love rival appearing? (Which I assume is the missing chunk of chapter spoilers)

Haiting1536 likes this.
  17. windtear

Reading List:
    Link
    Could be. I wrote that novel synopsis up from memory. I don't remember a fake love rival. Unless you mean Yulan's friend the foreign prince who likes to flirt with Vio to mess with Yulan?

18. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    I assume it's related to the new girl who appeared in the last chapter.

I remember a spoiler mentioning Yulan blackmailing someone who was harassing his waifu.

Most of this is just assumptions though, as those chapters don't seem to be on this thread ):

(I call her fake because she wanted Cluadia's D)

Haiting1536 likes this.
  19. windtear

Reading List:
    Link
    ... The author is trying to introduce humour, right? Nobody wants Claudia's D.

ndythrs, Creolenerd, Jukki and 2 others like this.
  20. Ebihara

Ebihara Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry but who's the ml? I really hope it's yulan cus i wont accept anyone else.

Ashmanhwa likes this.