Recommendations Characters with good leadership skill

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by albeldayuia, Feb 19, 2021.

1. albeldayuia

albeldayuia Can't-Re Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been reading Back to the Beginning of Ming to Do Charity and I like how the author shows the step by step of the MC building up and maintaining his place as a firm leader.
    A mtl-ed excerpt from the book:
    ...must have kindness in heart and be kind to the people.
    Also be cruel and be brutal against corrupt officials.
    Be strong-minded, unmoved by foreign objects.
    He must also be strict with himself, and don't take things like joy or sorrow for himself.
    If he is the most merciful person in the world, he must be the most fierce and mean person in the world.
    So I'm looking for other books where there are that sort of character. Doesn't have to be the MC but how the characters deal with leadership must be shown in detail.
    I don't mind any tag or genre.
    Thanks

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  2. armad224

armad224 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    world development system

albeldayuia likes this.
  3. DiamondInApril

DiamondInApril Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    'I am a monarch' - He starts off in a troop - if you're looking for good leadership skill, this is the one

Trash of the Counts Family - he doesn't instantly have good leadership, but the character development is one the best in the all the novels I've read!

albeldayuia likes this.
  4. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    albeldayuia likes this.
  5. PeepoMrFool

PeepoMrFool Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sevens. Not quite right, but mc is gradually learning it from a negative mark, this novel is mainly about character growth.

albeldayuia likes this.
  6. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read a lot of historical novels that don't have any magic or special powers so good leadership is a very common. Here's a few examples:

步步生莲
    This book is about kingdom building in northwest China. The politics in this story is primarily about the dealings between nations and with tons of military strategy. It's about forging alliances between disparate peoples with wildly differing interests and goals.

重生之大科学家
    The protagonist in this book is a nuclear physicist, but his main claim to fame is that he's an unparalleled educator. He ends up leveraging this into a position of political and military leadership with a focus on the transition from Imperial rule to Republican government.

大宋的智慧
    I'm reading this book right now, and the protagonist is a general and he's mostly about finding ways to introduce gunpowder into Song armies. He also does a lot into social and military reform.

And there are lots and lots of more books like these. All told it's a pretty common topic; this kind of book just doesn't get translated very often.

I don't know if this really counts. Even at the end of the book Lyle isn't a particularly good leader, and more damningly, all of his followers are irrelevant to the story.

albeldayuia likes this.
  7. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    albeldayuia likes this.