LCD Worlds’ Apocalypse Online

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Blank-1

Blank-1 Fantasy-holic

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s a great point I didn’t think off
    Sorry I’m a little confused, what do you mean by this. Are you talking about the GQS that gave up the Devil King divine title, and left it for the current GQS in the space vortex?

2. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah let me expand on that, I was being kind of meta here. The whole beginning of the story was GQS dying killing a Demon King and reverting back in time (which is basically what a returner is). Except he didn't end up exactly where he should have by his original timeline. He actually appeared in the Cultivation World more than a year in the past prior to humans from GQS's homeworld showing up there via Worlds Apocalypse Online. So what I'm suggesting is that the GQS that died to the Demon King and our GQS aren't the same but different GQS's whose worlds had very similar timelines up until they reached the Cultivation World. Rather our GQS was sucked to the Cultivation World in a different way and got the WGS and the other GQS's memories when he transferred over. The reason I suggest this is because things don't match up evenly. If he returned to his past self, he should have showed up somewhere along his timeline he had already been. If he actually moved back in time (which would cause one of the GQS's to vanish since we learned that about time travelling to somewhere you exist) he wouldn't have lost his powers/abilities if it was the future GQS that didn't vanish (and he wouldn't have the future memories if the future GQS did vanish.)

So the most likely scenario is this is a parallel universe and not the same universe the GQS that died to the demon lord via Worlds' Apocalypse Online was in. Now you could argue that the GQS that died just got transferred over to this parallel universe, but that doesn't quite fit either since we know 2 GQS's from different parallel worlds can exist in the same spot at the same time without issue. Likewise GQS definitely existed in this universe since he was in all the records. Also the GQS on the Cultivation World had an army token with his name on it. Which means something caused him to have an identity on the Cultivation World as well.

(I mean this could just be a plot hole, but heck the author's done a good job of making you think certain things were plot holes until he explained them in a very satisfying way. I'm kind of just throwing this out there as a crackpot theory.)

3. Blank-1

Blank-1 Fantasy-holic

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember two issues which are related to this. One is that GQS disguised himself as a divine king and gave WGS to his dying past self, which suggest that both selves count as ‘different’ people, unless I’m misunderstanding this. And the freaky disruption where he’s somehow both in the cultivation and federation worlds and there’s wildly varying flows of time, with the badge thing which you just mentioned. And as far as we know the space vortex and free DKO are unique.
    My theory on that is that somehow two GQS fused(and so he’s different from his past self, while still having sword techniques in his sea of consciousness), both from a temporal split(/other anomaly) part of the space vortex’s timeline, and someone else(perhaps yet another GQS lol, like the one who passed on the Devil King rod) set up stuff so the weird temporal stuff allowed him to function on two worlds have the army badge. So both the prologue and main story are set in the space vortex.

Anyway, half the fun of reading a great fiction’s theorising and daydreaming about it.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  4. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    GQS about to get his game on.

5. Zombielord

Zombielord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I’m at the part after the Bamble bird arc after he returned back to the cultivation world and he’s about to head off to the strife zone. So when it started it wasn’t bad and then it got really interesting but now it’s gotten, for a lack of a better word, retarded. So is it worth the read cause complete bullshit of killing someone like 4 realms higher than you, random nobodies making like 3-5 realm breakthroughs and the fact the author just keeping fucking with the MC and the love interests is really starting to piss me off. So I’m assuming you are up to the most current translated chapter so does it get better?

6. Blank-1

Blank-1 Fantasy-holic

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehh, those issues except the love interests(which has gotten better in recebt chapters imo) will kinda stay the same, but I can explain the first two issues.
    You could say the most important parts for combat in the infinite worlds are a cunning mind and special abilities/equipment which GQS has in abundance. So a lot of the times, he has to deal with way ‘stronger’ opponents with trickery and things like his lightning thaumaturgy.
    For the author making GQS’s life tough, I see it as GQS taking the initiative to dive head first into this sort of stuff. He’s certainly not someone to back off, even if the WGS was trying to carol him into this sort of stuff with quests at the start

7. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel basically reminds me of some little kids constantly making up new powers to fight each other. "I'm immune to all damage!" "Well I can break all immunity!" "Well I can attack you in the past!" "Well I can attack you attacking me in the past!"

While I enjoyed that when I read it, I don't think it'll get any less bullshitty.

Eddy andres likes this.
  8. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Short answer, not really, the same trends of fighting overpowered opponents and winning against them while side characters growing strong out of nowhere stays the same.

Long answer, the novel isn't a typical cultivation novel where the cultivation realm is everything, and enemies who are supposed to be beaten over 600 chapters later will show up very early on to fuck with the MC's and everyone else's day, because villains don't wait until you grow to their levels to actually proceed with their plans. This also isn't a harem novel where the MC will have all the time to be thinking about romance and uses his lower half to think while the world collapses around him.

You shouldn't place expectations of typical mainstream "feel-good" cultivation novels on it while reading, because this is a story that subverts a lot of those expectations and keeps on doing so until the very last chapter

9. Zombielord

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly the bullshit power ups are a big hell no. As for the harem, honestly it’s whatever, I just like it if it’s either they have no purpose expect for sex or they play major parts to the story with the MC like the douluo dalu kinda does.

10. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im really enjoying the shifu/mc interactions in this arc

lunarshadow likes this.
  11. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're still interested in reading, I can tell you that the love interests actually play major roles throughout the entire novel, and that he remains a virgin until the very end. Can't do anything about the bullshit power-ups tho, that's a thing available to everyone in this story :whistle:

12. Blank-1

Blank-1 Fantasy-holic

Reading List:
    Link
    Noooooo...
    Lol, well it’s kinda expected, since he has no time for settling down if he’s constantly dealing with Apocalypses

13. Zombielord

Reading List:
    Link
    When I said major part I meant they accompany him or they are around most of time. Not they meet then separate, then meet again and separate for pure BS which is what I’ve seen so far. So I’ve given up on this but thanks for answering

14. Blank-1

Blank-1 Fantasy-holic

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe that this power up, along with soon becoming a sword deity, will let GQS upgrade from a cherub somewhat soon

15. Blank-1

Blank-1 Fantasy-holic

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao first dancing then rapping.
    Seriously, in another life GQS would be a celebrity

16. j1n9x

j1n9x Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My man GQS spitting heat..... Literally

17. matrix12

matrix12 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why didn't he use the war god title skill again? or is there a cooldown that I forgot about?

18. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If the damage you're causing is being reflected back at you, what's the point of using a title that causes more damage?

19. rajsmarts

rajsmarts New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They're talking about the skill that redirects enemy attacks to GQS instead of others, his taunt skill.

Also @matrix12 It doesn't seem to have a cooldown, look at chapter 571. It has to be activated manually though, so maybe he just didn't have time to do that?

20. akumetsu_F1

akumetsu_F1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hinting at a multi-dimensional battle for the fragments of the original Samsara?
    Truly, this novel never stops escalating.

I can't believe we started this novel with a guy in the ditch of an empty camp thinking he was trapped in some videogame.
    Yet now here we are talking about war between deities residing in alternate realities for the sake of controlling the ultimate weapon (the Samsara itself).
    How many Huang Quang fragments are there I wonder. And how would GQS go about finding them? The Wraiths must have some sort of skill in order to find 70% of the Wraith Realm fragments.