LCD Little Tyrant Doesn't Want To Meet With a Bad End

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by gaianova, Sep 24, 2020.

?

Best Girl?

1. Alicia Ascart

16.9%
  2. Nora Xeclyde

11.7%
  3. Charlotte Sorofya

33.8%
  4. Lilian Ackermann

11.7%
  5. Wilhelmina

6.5%
  6. Yes

19.5%
  1. Apollonas

Apollonas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some more spoilers on how the relationship with the heroines is thus far.
    Yes, he does notice their feelings. There is quite a lot of kissing going on with all the heroines, especially Nora. So both parties are aware of each others feelings and accept them. There was even a blatant attempt from Nora to up things to the next level but they both decided against it at the time because the situation was not right and it wouldnt be smart for them to create the next generation in the current situation. And apparently their religion does not allow for the use of protective measures. Unfortunately Alicia is kinda excluded from all of that. They have kissed, but she had to use some stupid excuse, she really needs to be more open with that. Kissing has been done by all the other heroines multiple times without it being a big deal, just as an open sign of their love. Only Alicia hasn't done that. From what I remember the one time they kissed, she used the excuse of using her saliva to heal him. I get that she uses the sister card to spend more time with him, but at this point by constantly appealing to the fact that she is his sister, she is only holding back the relationship.

2. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well...you did kidnap his son. Not exactly sure how he could be anything but negative.

Alicia has been disappointing as of late...hopefully she can turn it around? Charlotte's actions have been too excessive.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  3. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’d say that’s a bit unfair to Charlotte, given that both the next heir of Roel’s country and his little sister both conspired against her to get the engagement cancelled. That’s not even considering the fact that Carter was also against the engagement as well, since that’s something only we as the readers would know beforehand. He wasn’t even just going to be neutral about it like he would be with the other girls.

Even discounting that, though, the entire house was clearly against her since they all participated in the conspiracy to fool her, so the idea that Carter tacitly consented to that ploy is there. Charlotte’s fear that the engagement would be cancelled once Roel was found harmed under her care was a very real possibility under these conditions. Her actions are only excessive when going by proper decorum, but we all know that a lot more was going on under the surface (otherwise, there would have been no need to keep up the pretense of being polite or having proper justification when everyone could just straightforwardly state their intentions and desires) that forced her hand on the matter.

4. adrianvs

adrianvs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Scary, women are scary

5. luckymorris

luckymorris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm dropping this novel. The MC is a complete push over without self respect, he just let any woman treat him like a doormat and do not care one bit of his dignity of the heir of one the oldest noble house there is. He'll only show some spine if a "close one" (That include chicks that he met like two weeks ago) is in danger, basically a simp with a white knight complex.
    The pacing is also extremely slow, spending 10 chapters on a cat fight is not quality content. I don't see the novel improving on these two points, in fact i think it's going to get worse and worse.

A shame, it was a good start.

6. Diukes

Diukes The Details will be omitted

Reading List:
    Link
    im at ch 56 and i dont get one thing. Why is he collecting affection points even tho he is using gold to purchase things? i remember him buying skeletons for affection points at beginning, then it become gold coin shop all of sudden, can someone explain? i missed something?

7. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He in essence has 2 shops. One for gold and one for affection. The affection shop sells him stuff that is useful for generating gold.

Diukes likes this.
  8. Hanada

Hanada Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I've been rereading the earlier chapters, Carter said he was a transcendent at Roel age ( 9 at the time ) he later said that studying in Brone made him go with wisdom as an attribute, my question is can you change your origin after choosing it, if not did Carter wait years before picking his origin, but that wouldn't add with him already transcending since you need an origin to be recognized

9. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    honestly, I think the author forgets that Brone existed as he's writing his 3rd rate k-drama.

10. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Acquiring an origin attribute requires that someone reach origin level 5 (Roel started the story as a level 7 and to be a soldier requires level 6) and go through a special ceremony, although Roel awakened his along with his bloodline if I remember right.

Being a Transcendent is essentially just another way to call someone a cultivator. There’s no level where you count as a Transcendent; you’re already one once you start transcending. Just like how a cultivator is a cultivator even if they’re weaklings who’ve just started cultivating; it’s that act of raising their strength that makes them one.

For levels before level 5, people grow depending upon their innate talent (bloodlines), special medicines, or ceremonies.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    Astaroth likes this.
  11. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Out of the three love interests so far I prefer Nora for roel. She has been the most straightforward and honest with him. Well it'll probably inevitably be a harem ending (otherwise the world might end from the fallout). I don't have much hope that Alicia will be corrected but who knows.

12. shyja

shyja 『Seinen』『School life』『Sports』

Reading List:
    Link
    i agree but how about charlotte? Is it just me who thinks that despite the hype and the long arc, it felt forced?

xiihuann and Liveius like this.
  13. NotCreative

NotCreative Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Charlotte or the arc are forced?

Charlotte introduction in the story is justified by the lamp that Roel sells when he is 9. He unintetionally saves her father, who thinks that this move was done by Ascart House in order to remind him anout the marriage contract (because the fact that was Roel to personally sell the lamp was strange in the eyes of her father) . Even if this incident was not going to happen in the first place, it was explained that Charlotte helped the MC to kill "Roel" in the game probably for the marriage contract (there was no other reason). So, one way or another, the whole thing about the marriage contract arc was going to happen.

Charlotte love for Roel and her behavior is reasonable. It was explained that her Origin attribute is the Loyal attribute. Once she fall in love she can't go back. She kidnap him for logical reasons.
    -if she was going to take back Roel, his father was going to brake the marriage contract.
    When she discovered the servants of Ascart House playing an act in order to give her a bad impression of Roel, she was already able to understand that Roel's father was against the marriage contract, beacause only him was able to give that kind of order.
    Without marriage contract she couldn't meet Roel because they don't have other intersections and many elders of the Sorofya House would be dissatisfied because they want Ascart House military power.
    In the end she would stay stacked in pain for love for her entire life because she can't stay with Roel and her origin attribute will make impossible to forget about him and her standing in the Sorofya House would be shaken.

The possible consequences of the kidnapping are also light. Even if Ascart House or the Xeclyde House are dissatisfied, what they can do? Roel's father or Nora would start a war?
    Even if they have this idea, Roel would probably persuade them because he has a good relationship with Charlotte.

Basically all the things are quite reasonable.

The loner, Astaroth, Koslov and 2 others like this.
  14. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah there's quite a few unreasonable things (like the Loans), but people don't care about them rather they just complain about the reasonable parts because who knows.

Author hasn't forgotten about Brolne, that's where the Academy is, and the whole mainstory of the "original game" start and revolve around it...

Also I'm not saying much in the LCD anymore cause I ended up reading way ahead (caught up with the raws and waiting for more chapters actually...) and I don't want to accidentally spoil anything, but trust me there's a lot less cat-fighting later.

15. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno man, it just seems we're never going to get to brolne at this rate.

16. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, Brolne happens pretty much after Charlotte’s arc ends, with a short interlude prepping it up.

Regarding the loans, I’d say they’re fine. The only penalty for missing the payment deadline is losing access to the system, but what caused that debt in the first place was the system defying fate for Roel and allowing him to attain great power that he wouldn’t have otherwise been able to attain normally. That this kind of miracle can be done simply by paying money is already a big concession, and Roel recently also got a sugar mommy in the form of Charlotte.

gary0044187 likes this.
  17. NotCreative

NotCreative Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ngl , one of the things that i don't like in this novel is the plot armor in every arc. At least the loans are also used for comedy purpose and to give Charlotte a little bit of importance. Without the first loan, Roel pact with Charlotte in order to make easy money, was not gonna happens.

Since you are on par with the raws, you know how heavy sometimes is the plot armor.
    like after Lilian arc, when Roel and her start to run away and the system gives Roel special carriage, earrings, blessing in order to solve Roel condition.
    Also Lilian is too op in recent chapters. She can summon an army and a fuc*ing fortress...

I wonder how many people here are on par with the raws (?)

Astaroth likes this.
  18. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The system didn’t so much as give it to him as it was already available in the shop. The heavy discount, though, really made it a lot easier to buy for him, but I blame that on the penny-pinching and bargain-hunting mentality of these authors and their readers when it comes to these system chest novels.

Lilian’s ability is strong for sure, but since you’re up to date on the raws, you should know that it’s not the end all, be all. She got defeated by someone who could turn into a dragon because she didn’t have enough room to summon her army in.

Or rather, high level Transcendants are all a match for an entire army all on their own, Lilian’s ability just literally shows why. It’s repeatedly stated that her strength specializes in suppressing weaker forces; against anyone stronger than her, she can only try to wear down their stamina. Others could potentially have points they surpass a higher level Transcendant in (the mage and warrior compatibility that was brought up early on) that they could take advantage of, but Lilian would be forced into a defensive battle.

19. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    The Shop item selection has always been plot armor. As readers we never know what items exist, until they're useful, and MC always gets discounts on the right items when he needs.

But I actually don't mind that part too too much, because it's a cheat and the system has been shown to be 'friendly' so to speak. It's not some automatic system either since MC can argue with it and demand bigger discounts. So clearly there's some AI that has to follow some system rules, but it can use loopholes and make favorable deals for MC.

So it's not that surprising that he gets the stuff he needs when he needs them.

As for the Loans, I think the first one was OK-ish for the reason you mentioned, still think that considering the Lamp and Fragment of History author could probably have made Charlotte important even without loans.

And MC is the proxy lord of the fief so he'd really need a lot of money either way. Imagine if Roel didn't just get a bunch of stuff from the system, or some of the things he needed could've been from the gold shop instead of affection shop so he'd badly need money even without loans.

Koslov and NotCreative like this.
  20. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the end, Roel doesn’t even use the gold shop as much as he does the affection points shop. Sure, you can blame it on the loans, but the fact of the matter is that his combat power is heavily skewed towards his bloodline ability, and the reason why that’s so strong is because of the loans.

Even the one weapon he chooses to get from the shop is already pretty top-tier, and its main purpose even is to just make it easier for one of his contracted gods to manifest. Otherwise, he’s only bought items that help him strengthen his body. The only other significant thing I can think of that he’s bought from the shop was a skill for war.

Even setting that aside, he’s able to buy items from the affection points shop that help him in battle. There’s no point at all in complaining about the loan unless it’s to complain about how it doesn’t matter.