Recommendations BL novels with capable main characters

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by MonoriaH, Feb 23, 2021.

1. MonoriaH

MonoriaH Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking for a modern day or futuristic BL novel where both main characters are capable and the novel has a plotline. Something along the lines of The Earth is Online or I'm Not Shouldering This Blame. What really inspired me to want to read more of this sort of novel was arc 4 of Heroic Death System, Let Me Protect you, where both characters work together to fight against a secret organization of some sort and getting closer in the process. I especially liked the bodyguard aspect, but there aren't many bodyguard BL novels that I could find. Anyone know of similar BL novels?

qpzmal likes this.
  2. Quirkayla

Quirkayla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read your examples yet QAQ but here are some BLs that I know which have an overarching plot besides the romance and has capable characters.

The National Sweetheart Livestreamer Is A Pro! - Gaming BL where their goal is to win in world competition and win glory for their country. ML is team captain while MC is a good livestreamer that was scouted to join the team.

My Artist Is Reborn - Entertainment BL. This has so many characters that it feels like the romance aspect is a subplot haha. MC is an agent who discovers ghosts of great artists and somehow has the ability to bring them with him until they find a body to inhabit. ML is a legendary rockstar

Runaway Guide - Futuristic omegaverse BL. MC and ML gets reborn in an omegaverse world and becomes a prince and the son of a general respectively. Really slow burn because of the really patient ML and because it starts from childhood up. They both participate significantly in the great event that'll happen later in the plot.

God Level Summoner - Gaming BL with a lot of focus on the game and the competition. Has a lot of CPs and every one of them are good players. Main CP are both good team captains, tacticians and summoners. Most of the fluff/smut parts happen in the extras.

I Wasn’t Born Lucky - Hilarious horror BL. MC gets sent into ghost instances he has to survive in. MC is fearless and smart and can survive the instances each time. ML well... he's strong and capable as well but he's too focused on wooing MC skskks

Mr. Melancholy Wants to Live a Peaceful Life - Futuristic-ish with abilities. ML and MC both have secret identities that they're hiding for the other since they just want to maintain their happy domestic life.

Bodyguard novels but they're all short:
    The Prince’s Loyal Lover
    He’s Not My Shadow Guard, He’s My Lover
    Xiao Jiu (Technically ML is bodyguard of MC's older brother but still)

sunflower_03, NidaLuna and qpzmal like this.
  3. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    Global University Entrance Examination
    Breaking Through The Clouds
    Trial Game of Life
    Card Room

4. Mikhail-san

Mikhail-san 『 Mika 』『 Mikshroom 』『 Your cute daughtah 』

Reading List:
    Link
    - Supernatural movie actor app

NidaLuna and TaffyGirl13 like this.
  5. MonoriaH

MonoriaH Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you all for your suggestions! Some of these seem pretty interesting and what I'm looking for. Can't wait to read them ୧( , ^ ^ , )୨

6. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
  7. sunflower_03

sunflower_03 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link