LCD The Healer Demands Payment!

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Jul 30, 2020.

1. KurouDaijuji

KurouDaijuji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Her master might have been fair & purchased it for a reasonable price beforehand.

Alternately the seller of the feather might get a cut of #13.

jacobpaige likes this.
  2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol. I think maybe the notice of "don't bid against her" didn't specify "for the Pheonix Feather" ;)

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if any phoenixes were offended by that message.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    “Really admirable! Meng Qiqi, I also want to become a medical cultivator!” I wonder if those other two would hit themselves if they heard this? Its a perfect excuse to stick around Meng Qi. Well, assuming she was willing to teach them.

"Su Junmo felt aggrieved and couldn’t help touching his jaw. He was much better than that thing!" lol XD

5. shiroe_sensei

shiroe_sensei Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hahaha i love this chapter x)

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I figured they'd blame her if she stepped forward to help.

That aside, I wonder if the girl really thought she saw her sister, or if she's just taking the opportunity to harm her sister.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why Pei Mufeng is so willing to vouch for the MC. Does he also have memories from a past life involving her or something?

"Excuse me, Sect Leader Shen. I have to charge you spirit stones for this.” lol.

I wonder if Lu Qingran and her companion are the ones responsible, or if they'll be blamed once everything is over.

8. KurouDaijuji

Reading List:
    Link
    Pei probably stood up for Meng Qi because the Xue Elder had made unreasonable demands about kicking everyone out of the East District (which has me wondering what they're going to steal from it), & because as the hosts for the Conference his sect is likely responsible for the safety of everyone in the city for it.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like Lu Qingru probably stole the credit for Meng Qi saving the guy. I wonder how he eventually found out, and if it was lethal. It seems likely.
    I think he simply made the demand to be difficult. I got the impression that he was one of the ones offended by the medical conference being held at a sword sect, regardless of the circumstances.

KurouDaijuji likes this.
  10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the shopkeeper is one of the ML's relatives. It seems likely given the first book he handed her. I doubt the ML himself would have handed it to her.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he'll even bother to give her an excuse for why he knew exactly which array she needed information about. Also curious what excuse the ML gave the shopkeeper to get him to pass it along to her, and how relentlessly he'll be teased about it later ;)

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Help her slowly earn more spirit points, so she can come to accompany me more. This third grandfather of yours will also be happy.” lol XD

I have to wonder how she's supposed to find out that she's gotten this large influx of spirit points. I'm also curious if/when she'll find out just how valuable they are, and if she'll decide to do anything with them besides read books. It kinda feels like she'll redeem one of those tokens since it keeps getting brought up.

KurouDaijuji likes this.
  13. KurouDaijuji

Reading List:
    Link
    She'll probably find she needs one of those tokens to buy something she needs to fully cure "Xiao Qi", which is of course not why he's giving her all those points...

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Does Meng Qi even have the right to pass on the information she got from the book shop?

Uh oh. He's in trouble if her not-quite-boyfriend takes her sudden shyness to heart ;)

Isn't Meng Qi essentially doing the same thing as this suspected foundation establishment cultivator? Though, the fact that she's willing to keep things quiet is probably the perceived difference.

15. KurouDaijuji

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a good question about sharing the knowledge she purchased, but the fact that she wasn't told not to do so probably means she's fine.

As for "essentially doing the same thing as this suspected foundation establishment cultivator", I think the two big differences are (1) she's not claiming she was able to do it because of her ability or skills but rather sharing the knowledge that it can be done by others, & (2) she rather obviously acquired the knowledge in the presence of the Seniors, & they probably recognize that she went to Beyond The Heaven for it.

OTOH, that means they also now know she has access to Beyond the Heaven, was willing to invest her own resources in acquiring the knowledge, & didn't bill them for her expenses (since she returned the payment she originally requested).

Which of course means, someone (Su Junmo?) has got to start asking why she always bills male cultivators for healing them, but no-one or nothing else (which is probably made even more confusing by the fact that she didn't for the knowledge she just shared, even though that's presumably even more of a Karrmic debt as the actual healing would have been).

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if she's playing with "Brother Su," of if she suspects her master is watching over her and is trying to lure him out ;)

I think the more important question they'll be asking themselves is why she's privy to the knowledge of points and that book shop, since it sounds like that's the only way she could have gotten that information from BtH so quickly. It would tend to imply that she's a member of some super power, but doing a rather bad job of hiding it for some reason.

That aside, I'm pretty sure she has actually charged women before. She just doesn't do it as often, and usually (but not always) charges less.

17. KurouDaijuji

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I forgot, she has charged women.

But generally only after they've offended her (defending her enemy or accusing her of putting on airs IIRC).

jacobpaige likes this.
  18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why her master didn't teach her a better technique. He definitely had access to them.
    I think she would probably still charge women who hadn't offended her. She'd just keep the prices reasonable. Its common practice after all. The only reason we don't hear about it is that its not really relevant to the story.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    “More…more than nine thousand spirit points?!” Wow, he must have stood there borrowing that book for hours ;)

I'm betting she'll suspect her Master did it.

kyoshijiro likes this.
  20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It sounds like they're planning to blame her for the poisonings. Or, at best, demand that she cure the poison in the most disrespectful manner they can manage. Honestly, it doesn't really make much sense. The fact that she's traveling with Su Junmo and Xingxing, and they both defer to her, should make it pretty obvious that she's someone quite important, even if we ignore how favored she is by the city's lord for whatever reason. Even if they're unhappy with her, they should be more intelligent in the way that they show it.

Of course, if the former protagonist is there, then it'll make sense, since she still has her sanity warping powers, even if they've been severely weakened.

kyoshijiro likes this.