Question Who actually know how to make wine?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Raven Evernight, Feb 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    Like in every transmigration or reincarnation story from earth to magic world or cultivation world we have the mc knowing how to make amazing wine like it’s come knowledge like seriously how many people here actually know how to make wine like is it taught in school in other countries and I just don’t know about it or what?!?!

2. Glass Shard

Glass Shard 【Fʅσσϝ Hυɳƚҽɾ】【Cαƚ Lσʋҽɾ】【⚓️】

Reading List:
    Link
    They dont teach in mine. Maybe they teach in cooking classes or smth >.>;?

Nagisa11, qpzmal and Raven Evernight like this.
  3. linmeili

linmeili Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe they watched Li Ziqi (李子柒). She makes stuff from scratch and you can learn a lot by watching her vids.

Tofu Cat, Nagisa11, qpzmal and 2 others like this.
  4. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    a lot of adults drink wine instead of cheaper and sweeter alcoholic beverages like youths.
    Assuming that on average people who drink wine drink nearly a bottle a week, most of them have a momentary interest in the production of it, hence they know it.

qpzmal and Raven Evernight like this.
  5. Little moon

Little moon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In countries with plenty of vines that are somewhat famous for at least one type of wine, it's quite common for people to know how to make wine. I'm around 20 and a few of my same age friends know how to make wine. I don't but that's only because I also don't drink it but as long as you're acquainted with someone who "owns" a vineyard, they most likely also know how to make wine and might teach you.
    You're right though, it seems farfetched that most transmigrated mcs know how to make wine, and good wine at that.

qpzmal, Raven Evernight and endel like this.
  6. endel

endel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where I am from a lot of families produce their own wine, so it's actually not that unusual to know how wine is produced.

7. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's a chinese novel,you lose when question the logic behind it, or rather you simply lose unless you are mc

Nagisa11, Magwayen, qpzmal and 4 others like this.
  8. Kemm

Kemm Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    Making wine is quite simple, just leave grape juice exposed to the air (just be careful it doesn't turn into vinegar). It's so easy, in fact, that the instructions to make it fit into a single-sentence "warning of what not to do *wink* *wink*" for a grape juice concentrate during US Prohibition Era.

It's also one of the oldest beverages, alongside water and fruit juice, and even easier to make if you start with the whole grape (the surface of grapes has the correct set of microbes for winemaking). That means, in turn, that any character bringing wine brewing to a less advanced world will either have no success whatsoever (they already know how) or be surrounded by dangerously stupid idiots.

EDIT: you may also obtain wine without exposing it (much) to air, but it takes longer. On the plus side, it's more difficult to get vinegar that way.

qpzmal, Astaroth and Raven Evernight like this.
  9. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    We were taught how to make vodka and beer

qpzmal, Zeusomega, linmeili and 2 others like this.
  10. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually do know how to make wine, although it was learnt from youtube. You would need fruit juice, especially one that is sweet and has lots of sugar content. Cuz, the sugar is what breaks down into alcohol. Next you need yeast. Bread yeast would do just fine. Finally you need a container that's breathable, cuz oxygen is necessary. Wooden caskets should do the trick, or bottles with corks. There is an optional step of distilling the wine, through heat. Or you can just carefully filter the wine after letting it settle overnight.

PS: add additional herbs and spices to adjust the taste.

c.decora, qpzmal and Raven Evernight like this.
  11. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    By accident, the cider I bought turned into alcohol. About 5 percent concentration.

Tofu Cat, qpzmal and Raven Evernight like this.
  12. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How to Make Wine:

Step 1: Go to the store and pick out a bottle of wine.

Step 2: pour that wine into a glass.

Congratulations! You now know how to make wine like everybody else! :blobhyperthink:

13. naghi32

naghi32 The Loner

Reading List:
    Link
    Same as here, i make my own wine, it`s not that hard once you know the steps.
    Still have a 50L ... Bottle ? ( large glass round shaped bottle ) in the basement, but i`m gonna stop making wine from next year ... ( i said the same last year ).

qpzmal, Raven Evernight and endel like this.
  14. PaladinWolf

PaladinWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know how to make wine but I do know how to make moonshine and it's pretty common knowledge where I'm from the only difference between people's knowledge of it is the recipe

qpzmal, Raven Evernight and linmeili like this.
  15. suza751

suza751 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont drink, never have and probably never will. That being said i have a pretty good understanding how to make wine, beer, and hard alchohol.

Let me tell you a story. Back in the mid 1800s alchohol was as popular as ever. Like any other product there was a real demand for alchohol to have a long shelf life. Alchohol in beer is produced by yeast utilizing a metabolic pathway called fermentation. The initial process of glycolysis trapsports glucose molecule inside of a cell, followed by a large number of reactions (assisted by proteins called enzymes) to produce 2 molecules of pyruvate per 1 glucose molecule. From here most organisms, humans included, follow by citric acid cycle and then the electron transport chain. In this process the net energy yield of a single glucose molecule is maximized. But this complex pathway is not always used. If there is no oxygen present - fermentation occurs to create a byproduct + less energy. Its a survival mechanism to recieve some energy under poor conditions. The byproduct varies, for yeasts it happens to be ethanol. In human muscle tissue it happens to be lactic acid.
    Moving on, yeast ferment beer with ethanol by metabolizing hops in water. However they will reverse this reaction upon being exposed to sny oxygen. After the proof of germ throry by Louis Pasteur famous experiment, the alcohol industry paid him to find a way to solve their problem. He created the method of heating the alcohol for a short time to kill all the yeast. The flash of heat would not effect the flavor. This allows alchohol to have longer shelf lives! From this you can understand the process of beer production. Futhermore, wine is made similarily but with fruit juice. I believe hard liquor is done by filtering the water and alcohol/more material to be metabolized.

Side Note: Louis Pasteur, pasteurization of milk... yup thats where the word comes from. He did that.

16. Siceraria

Siceraria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can make wine since I had to learn about the process in college biology... the only thing they didn't teach was the specific ratio and temperature fluctuations.
    I would not recommend it since one student drank the experiment for fun a few years ago and had to get emergency help, possibly to the hospital.
    Edit: @suza751 is well informed on this it seems ٩₍^ˊᗜˋ^*₎و

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  17. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Prison Hooch!! Toilet wine!

18. linmeili

linmeili Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, in my mom's family's hometown all they do is tap the coconut tree and the coconut sap turns into wine by itself. Some people say it's best to consume it right after it's collected since it's naturally sweet and had a low alcohol content. Otherwise, people just keep it in jars and it ferments by itself, no yeast or additives needed. :love:

qpzmal, endel and Raven Evernight like this.
  19. Rhydec

Rhydec Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    read enough and watch enough and eventually, you'll know a bit about pretty much everything...

20. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm would love to learn though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.