Spoiler Counterattack of the Cannon Fodder Chambermaid

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by eagerreadergirl, May 25, 2020.

1. EzadKiel_loveblue56

EzadKiel_loveblue56 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it was explained near the ending… IF I remembered correctly she became empress after the previous one died, because she is the only consort that have children and she also gave birth to the eldest son and crown prince (and she have the ML' favor)… that's the reason ML gave to ministers if I'm not mistaken or mix this with other stories I read.

Edit:
    And she is not that foolish… she's willing to leave the ML when she thought that he already had a new favorite (she have secret stash of money if she retired/ let go even though she sleep with ML already), what she's most afraid at that time is that ML and "his new favorite" treating her children badly so she take them with her.

About her fighting with the empress… she only actively fought with that witch(empress) after her daughter got schemed and pushed in to a pond at winter(or autumn?) by the witch and the old witch[queen dowager (not empress dowager)].

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  2. EzadKiel_loveblue56

Reading List:
    Link
    You guys thinks what will be the best decision in this situation:

So ML's Father harem have two woman in power, the Empress and Xu gufei… Empress has one son the crown prince, while Xu gufei have two sons Jin Wang and Qin(Qing?) Wang… Xu gufei was extremely favored and so was her sons, Jin Wang especially almost overshadowed the crown prince… feeling threatened the crown prince poisoned the emperor while he still has the title of crown prince, not willing to lose Jin Wang rebelled and killed the crown prince… but an unknown imperial soldier "accidentally" shot him with an arrow and killed Jin Wang and Qin Wang got one of his arm cut…
    The emperor know that both woman had knowledge or part of their sons plan… so before dying he gave them two choices…
    First choice they will die with him, then they will be able to keep their title(honor and reputation? Cause they willing to accompany the emperor even in death?) on their death and their son(Qin Wang) or grandchildren will be exempted by ML… second choice they can live, but they cannot be the empress dowager, their position will be lowered. Them and their son and grandchildren cannot have power, and also their backing families will implicated…
    Xu gufei choose to die with the emperor and so Qin Wang was not punished. He doesn't have power, but he live leisurely.
    Empress choose to live, but she became queen dowager instead and she doesn't have power. Her and her family was being oppressed by ML.

3. czeihne

czeihne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished reading this one.
    I like the EXTRA part about the Ruan Siyi and Qiao-Shi of the Jinyang family
    If you already forgot, this Ruan Siyi has a wife who is fat and ugly during the first part of the story where the FL was serving as chambermaid.

When the Ruan family fell, they divided the property and Ruan Siyi was thrown out of the house by his brother.

They moved to a new house, his concubines, stole and left him . Only QiaoShi remain. Its still good to see that in the end, he recognizes the one who truly loves him.

QuiaoShi's original motive was to make him fall inlove with her then leave him as revenge, however she really fell deeply inlove with him

When RS was sick, she took care of him and fed him.
    She sold off her jewelries to pay for the thugs collecting because RS made a gambling debt. They sold the house and moved elsewhere.
    He setup a stall and started working as a writer for those who wants to send mail
    QS setup a stall as well, selling buns and pastries. Everytime she cooks soup, all the good things in the soup will be given to RS and only shell only get the broth. Once RS found out, he switched their bowls. QS slimmed down but was still always lively and very caring towards RS

RS asked QS to go back to her family so as to no longer suffer but QS cried and said she wont leave him then, they consummated their marriage.

QS gave birth to a girl after a year and encourage RS to take country exam, he failed at first then tried again, then tried the provincial, and went back to the Capital. QS gave birth to a boy.

He managed to take the exam while the Emperor was supervising and the result came as RS being top scholar.

If everyone ask him if he has a wife, he would say, he has one at home and been together for 2 decades with children.

QS confessed about having money during their difficult times (though she still sold everything she owned)
    The money given by QS mom, was never used since QS wanted revenge at first and wanted the RS to suffer but in the end, she was the one hurting every he sees him suffering

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  4. AllthingsAsian

AllthingsAsian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly ML was trash in the "second part."
    I hate when writers try to act as though the ML can be so dumb to let other women seduce him and he's "unaware."
    And then the whole idiocracy of not being honest with her, LETTING THAT TRIFLING B**CH SLEEP AND LIVE IN FL'S ROOM and then only coming back to her when she's getting moved to by another man... Like please sir go ch*ke.
    And she just accepts him back...
    Betrayal is betrayal to me.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    StarrEyed and kawaii12345 like this.
  5. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Did the girl who looks like FL and was used as a decoy try to do anything (seduce) to the ML?

6. EzadKiel_loveblue56

Reading List:
    Link
    For me the only fault of ml is not communicating with mc... He should have told her what's up and to not hide his plans... The decoy is not living in mc's room, but on the side room, while ml was staying in his courtyard I think.... Decoy started having ideas and force her way in mc's room and that exactly the time mc came back and saw.... ml thought it's better for mc to think that way ( I don't know why, maybe he wants her to not know those bad things happening or maybe in case he didn't survive not able to take them back mc will just think of him as the father of her children that have a new love.)..... It's sad that sometimes ml's decisions have similarities or influence with his mother that didn't end well, she only cared about one thing and that ml's safely growing up, but she forgot the repercussions of not teaching a child to speak and hiding them in a dark room.

7. AllthingsAsian

AllthingsAsian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The entire building belongs to the FL, even though she was restricted to one area, she could still do what she wanted, she literally lived in mc's place and wore her clothes.
    All of this happened as a result of his lack of "communication" and stupidity (there were so many ways you could've gone about this and you chose this??).

8. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm currently reading this so I'm not at the part where this happened yet. My thoughts are mostly based on what I read from this spoiler thread so far. Although his plan of hiding her and the children and using a decoy seems stupid, it's pretty effective in a way. First of all, ML is just a prince without much power and that Jin prince who rebelled for the throne is totally crazy (last life he killed of his brother who helped him and the two useless princes (fatty prince and mute ML) who kept a low profile just to survive) and if he found out ML has children then of course they would be on his radar and would plan to eliminate them to secure his throne. They're not dangerous to Jin Prince and wouldn't do anything that would endanger his throne? Doesn't matter to him, eliminate any potential threat. It might seem extreme or stupid, but it's for their survival. What really made it stupid was ML not communicating his plan to MC causing her to misunderstand him, but I guess he thought it would be for the better for him to take on the burden alone and just let her be safe and far away (physically and mentally) from the situation. Still, It would have been better to communicate to save us all the frustration. However, I'm not really surprised with this. I've read a lot of novels where the FL or ML think it would be better if the other didn't now what was going on and they just do things by themselves. *sigh* most of the time it never works well, either it brings more problems or it's precisely because they were unaware of what the others' plan was that it failed :blobpopcorn_two:.

eagerreadergirl and rock.doll like this.
  9. Deleted member 321603

Deleted member 321603 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for spoilerss

10. Gottago

Gottago Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does Grandma Wang ever come back into the picture? Her story was kind of sad

11. Gottago

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, and also, how does The Lofty Fierce Consort intersect with this story? I mean I know the one with the transmigrater but not this one.

12. PechDepi

PechDepi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. She did not forget her place, her feeling for the ml deepen so she wish to have children with him. It’s normal, also she did not turn greedy, during her time woman having son/ children is the most stable way of life. Even if the ml may lose interest if she have children then she will alway be his woman and have a better life. Look! Even the god damn main wife panic and want baby.
    2. The ml was killed in his last life even when he be low key, so ofc he don’t want his family that he yearn for so long be ruin. And the plan is to hide them, as long as the Xu guifei son or the crown prince don’t know about his children even if he die, his bloodline will continuous. And yes I admit they need to talk, also for the decoy she is just a decoy. If he was to be capture then that b*tch will also be capture and k words.
    3. As for why the fl or most do end up as empress is because they are the ml love, ofc they end up as empress. In this novel case (she might not have high noble family) she is the crown prince mother (actually all his children was born by her), she is the only sole woman that get favor, and did I mention that she was the highest ranking consort in the entire harem after the empress fell ill and barely able to crawl out of bed???Oh yeah I did. And also if the ml said she is fitting, then who the hell said she is not? One word and the entire family fall from grace, try it b*tch!
    4. Her daughter get push into a lake , A COLD LAKE WHEN SHE WAS LIKE WHAT? 3-4, during those time even normal cold or sweat could led to dead. So ofc the fl will fight back, like do you expect her to do nothing? Like tell me your solution????
    5. And compare it to Minglan is so confusing and stupid, like you do realize the plot and setting is different right? Then I could compare this novel with idk some other novel. Which we all know is stupid.
    End of my rant.

eagerreadergirl and -NEAR- like this.
  13. PechDepi

Reading List:
    Link
    How she end up as empress even with bs family background:
    1. She is his sole favorite.
    2. She have all his children include the crown prince.
    3. She is the highest ranking consort after the empress.
    4. Cause the emperor (ml) said so.

She love the ml, she fight for her man and her babies, and she actually never forget her place. She only start to show off to anger the empress cause they scheme to harm her babies.
    And if you mean in that arc, well her beloved man kinda just drop her and her children somewhere with out telling anything and then have a bunch of look alike (that clearly have nasty thought and also it normal for man to have concubine and she fear she was replaced) like how you expect her to act? Just said “ok sure, just drop us here in this random village and tell us nothing and also went back to a bunch of look a like and make her panic????”

eagerreadergirl and -NEAR- like this.
  14. PechDepi

Reading List:
    Link
    She get back in the picture to testify against the rumors about the fl and then lives a happy life. (Away from bs)

15. PechDepi

Reading List:
    Link
    We all know decoy have some thought but alas they never succeeded.

16. Gottago

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to the Qiao Lin girl?

17. PechDepi

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you refresh my memory on who is Qiao Lin?

18. Gottago

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the six maids that got picked to serve Jing Prince. She was the mean and rude one.

19. PechDepi

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh she was send to sweep the leave in the outer yards and then get jealous of the fl, never pop up again.

20. Gottago

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to that Bi Yuan girl in the end again?