Discussion Do you get tired if you don't eat meat?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jojo775, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Trying to find a reason why I'm tired and some site says it could be lack of protein. Last few days I barely ate meat which is very rare for me so I'm considering this. Is this what you get for trying to eat more healthy?
    upload_2021-2-24_10-33-39.jpeg
    Don't try to advise with other reasons for tiredness, this is just about MEAT.

UnGrave likes this.
  2. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if this is relevant but...

3. Kairil

Kairil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More than protein, I'd guess the B series of vitamins

4. Heartless

Heartless May your heart be your guiding key

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're feeling tired from not eating meat in a while, it's most likely a problem of iron deficiency, rather than protein. If you don't get enough iron, the body will feel tired. Our main source of iron comes from meat, vegetarians must often take suppliments in order to combat this.

You could try to eat red beets, if you for some weird reason don't wanna consume meat. Otherwise you could take iron suppliment pills.

5. Lewisking50

Lewisking50 Voidseeker, King of literally nothing

Reading List:
    Link
    I do, which is why I'm gonna slab some meat on the grill now.
    (Well, pan actually, but doesn't as nice...)

Jojo775 likes this.
  6. a14635

a14635 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's see... meat has:
    • proteins
    • lipids (AKA fat), which include cholesterol
    • vitamins B3, B6, B12, D and K
    • several minerals, including iron, selenium, phosphorus, zinc, etc.
    • choline
    The amount of (alternative) food you'd have to intake to replace meat would be staggering.

7. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link

There's a difference between healthy vegan diet and plain no meat diet..

Seems to me that your body is just reacting "not getting enough food". It's pretty normal when you are switching over.

Expect more things, like episodes of acne, and irritated mode, sleeplessness..

Usually it takes around a year for a meat person to fully change...

Ps- how do I know?.. Got a friend who became a vegan, dear god for two to three months he had bursts of severe acne. Don't know what the reason is though.

8. a14635

a14635 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On a side note, if you are lacking proteins, but can't/won't eat meat, mushrooms are a viable substitute.

9. suudere

suudere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. Meat doesn’t necessarily mean energy since many times it has lots of cholesterol and fats and stuff like that that are not good for the body.

As said before, if you’re tired it could be iron or others. Vegetarians usually eat lots of legumes nuts and seeds in other to have a balanced diet since legumes have lots of proteins and nuts and seeds have good fats.

If you’re worried you should ask your doctor or if not just try eating a larger variety of goods.

Edit: forgot to say I’ve been vegetarian for +5 years if you need any info feel free to ask

10. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know what I'm supposed to eat so I'm always tired.

11. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not trying to become vegan lol. Just that by coincedence I didn't eat meat last few days. I did have cashew nuts, beetroot juice, other fruits, cheese, stir fry, apple pie, chilli beans....well actually there was minced beef in that.

12. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpopcorn_cool: started eating less meat, think it's healthier and think it's the opposite that I won't get tired when I eat less meat

:blobpopcorn_cool:think these anime stereotypes from one piece and dragon ball portray wrong values, showing how the strong characters eat a lot and a lot of meat. Ideal diet should be maybe 3 times fish a week, less meat, more vegetables I read. I think you get both vitamines, minerals and secondary plantnutrients, as well as less cholesterol from more veggies and less meat and more essential fatacids from fish :3

13. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it could be something else but it doesn't make sense. Yes allergy started but it's not bad and I'm tired before I take antihistamin tablet, I didn't put in the alarm and slept for 9h without interruption, I didn't take any caffeine tablets after 6PM, went to sleep at 23PM with the last half an hour reading a Warhammer 40k book instead of being on laptop/mobile.
    lol I don't think you should eat meat because of Luffy or Goku, I know pretty much everyone should reduce consumption of it significantly, unless it's chicken or fish.