Question Girls poisoned with a sex drug that will kill them if they don’t do it

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Raven Evernight, Feb 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    You know how it’s supper common for mc to save girl from sex drug poisoning and being forced to marry her because of her losing her innocence am I the only one that hates it when the girl starts crying and demanding mc marry her because he ruined her like bitch he saved your life be grateful and stop causing problems it’s your fault you were poisoned not his he just saved your life even though he didn’t have to he was doing that right thing but he’s got no reason to marry you he didn’t have sex with you cause he loved you or anything it was just so you won’t die stop demanding marriage after like you’ve suffered a big injustice from him he never wronged you he just saved you

Tofu Cat likes this.
  2. Dragontrainer201

Dragontrainer201 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it depends on the setting. If it’s even implied just by the genre that unmarried non-virgin women are treated like less than dirt, then it’s a bit understandable. In real life history, women have been executed after their husbands/fiances accuse them of not being virgins before consummating their marriage. Throw in some good ol’ public shaming and entire family turning on you and... yeah. There’s a good argument that they could’ve been better off dead. Wish that they’d make that clearer that’s what’s going on in cultivation novels, though.

AliceShiki likes this.
  3. Raven Evernight

Reading List:
    Link
    Sex isn’t a big deal in cultivation world they have loads of dual cultivation methods because sex isn’t a big deal in cultivation worlds it’s basically if you are strong enough no one will say anything so all she has to do is become strong and no one will say anything or do anything to her

4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not really fair to blame the victim. It's definitely not her fault that she was poisoned. It's the fault of whoever poisoned her.
    Those two statements are conflicting. If it wasn't a big deal, then she wouldn't be crying and saying that he ruined her. It's quite clear that an unmarried girl having sex is considered a big deal in the setting in question, hence why she is so shaken up about the deal.

She is essentially asking him to take responsibility for what he did, even if his deed was saving her life.

Is it fair to ask that of him? No, it is not.
    But from her point of view, her life is essentially ruined now if she doesn't marry this guy, so she is pretty desperate and doesn't really care if she is being unfair with her demands. It's a totally understandable behavior.

AmethystCherry and MisterBubbles like this.
  5. MisterBubbles

MisterBubbles [The Omnipotent No. 2 at Everything]

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you ever heard of double standards between the two sexes? (especially set in a more ancient time setting? :facepalm:)

Plus it depends on the story if that logic of dual cultivation exists and if the woman's overall strength really matters or not.

Although most of the time your typical cultivation novel will show you that her strength doesn't matter and the women are just there to give an excuse for things to happen (like she gets kidnapped or raped or something and the MC has to save her). Most of the time she's just there for plot convenience and is there for a type of fan service that isn't unique and is very redundant because she is part of of the multitude of pokemon that the MC has captured and all of the pokemon have 80% of the same personality.

Raven Evernight likes this.
  6. AmethystCherry

AmethystCherry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's better to blame authors on this altogether. Since this setting is just used to force the MC to sleep with someone+marriage for lazy authors. So I don't think it's really the fault of the character... but i get what u mean, it can be annoying

7. Raven Evernight

Reading List:
    Link
    The most annoying thing is that after this happens and they get married their relationship is basically all sex after never really useful help just the mc sexual release which makes no sense they should have an awkward relationship with the women not wanting sex from the guy at least till she ends up falling in love with him

8. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    So am I to take it if it was you that was poisoned, you would rather get raped by a guy than die? And then you would say thank you?

AliceShiki likes this.
  9. Raven Evernight

Reading List:
    Link
    You don’t even need to die after all you have to do if the people their won’t accept you having sex before marriage is to runaway for a few years pretend you got married and the husband died and you’ll just be a widow then and you could still remarry widows aren’t a big deal

10. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    So in other words you would say thank you to the guy~

AliceShiki likes this.
  11. powwder

powwder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ok if we are being absolutely honest, and i was drugged and the only way to survive was for some dude to rape me (i'm a straight male btw), then i'd have no choice but to take it. it's easy to talk and be like "i'd rather die" but when shit gets real you never know. it's like Mike Tyson said, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. real life backs this up because sadly countless people get raped but they don't choose to kill themselves, they live with the trauma. this doesn't mean i would thank them but i wouldn't ask for anything except that this stays between us and to stay away from me forever like Marcellus Wallace did from pulp fiction.

12. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on the cultivation world. Some treat dual cultivation like it's the "evil" path whereas others it's not a big deal and just one of the many paths to the dao.

The whole trope in itself is just a lazy way to add mindless sex and dolls to the harem.

13. Dragontrainer201

Dragontrainer201 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah... the whole “sex drug that kills you if you don’t have sex” thing is just contrived plot convenience. It’s meant to allow the MC to get together with the girl without having to do any real work whatsoever. He gets to keep the moral high ground of technically not being a rapist and the girl gets to maintain some level of purity by not really wanting premarital sex in the first place.

I think a better comparison would be, if you got poisoned and the only way to get rid of it was by letting some guy tattoo a Nazi Swatstika on your arm. He’s also the only one you know of who can remove it via a long and arduous process and the only witness who can vouch for you if you ever have to explain to other people why you have a Swatstika on your arm.

powwder and Sabruness like this.
  14. Fishy_MC_FishMan

Fishy_MC_FishMan The Fishiest of Fishes

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I would rather be raped by a guy then dead. Is that strange?

powwder and Raven Evernight like this.
  15. powwder

powwder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ok, again to be fair, I would take that over death. As long as you are alive the opportunities are endless. How hard is it to wear a long sleeve shirt. You could even tattoo something over it. I would still have no reason to be pissed at the guy because he did literally save my life and he didn’t do it out of malice or hate. I wouldn’t thank him but he owes me nothing.

As for the girl, she can ignore the haters or simply leave. Besides who else would know?

Novels are filled with people who are in love with others despite their messed up past and people overcome way more difficulties.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.