Spoiler Back to the Sixties: Farm, Get Wealthy & Raise the Cubs

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by xmei, May 5, 2020.

1. Emina425

Emina425 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never expected for Lin Qinghe to die first before Zhou Qingbai. I thought there will be a touching scene from Qinghe. well they were spreading dog food in front of their children in so many years but Qinghe wasn't that type. In the end, Qingbai took the last scene. So unexpected and satisfying.

dini46, reader_O8, Xi-hime and 2 others like this.
  2. Varsha0907

Varsha0907 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw for ppl specially looking for the chapter where she confesses about space and her real self , all of that happens in between chapter 181-183

3. Beautiful_butterfly

Beautiful_butterfly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In which Chapter does mc get pregnant ??

reader_O8 and Xi-hime like this.
  4. Varsha0907

Varsha0907 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it was definitely somewhere between 550-552...
    Btw her eldest son guessed all abt her sorting goods in black market by himself and confronted MC in chapter 262 ...he knew in his why his mother did those illegal sortings and that was also why their family was able to live and eat so well even after his father's retirement....

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  5. Roxsam

Roxsam Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So basically I am at Chapter 151, where the MC third LIN BROTHER finally had the courage and money (lent by the MC) to move out of old Lin family joint house. He was being bullied because his wife had three daughters already with no son, and so the Lin Family deemed him as useless.
    Oh if anybody was wondering, ML finally found out that MC was ligated, he was angry at first and frustrated but MC justified that she had three sons already and before she want in love with him, but later when ML told her he wanted a daughter she was full of regret. Yada Yada, basically MC acted as a victim and made ML feel bad that he wasnt with her back then, ML cant win her in an argument at all hahhahhahha and just accepted it. She did propose a divorce (the kids will stay with ML) but ML is like NO, as long as she is with her, its enough. aWWWW THE ML IS WHIPPED

6. Roxsam

Roxsam Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    at chapter 181 and 182, ML asked MC if she truly was Lin Qinghe, he got suspicious because out of nowhere she knew English, so she just told him the truth like she came from the future. At the beginning, he thought she was a spy but this revelation that she was from the future made him shocked. She also told him that she is occupying his previous wife, and said "Don't you blame me for taking over your wife's body? I lied to you and your sons?" Lin Qinghe asked. but he hugged her and replied SHE is his wife and thought this "he really can't live without her, otherwise he can't imagine what his home would look like." then he kept thinking on how to be good to her so that she will stay, but he cant think of anything because ever since she came, everything was full of hardships of the countryside, so he just said "As long as I have it, I'll give it to you." Zhou Qingbai thought for a long time and could only say so. THIS ML is literally the SWEETEST!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  7. rukz01

rukz01 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Around ch595 she's pregnant. Currently reading ch600 where they're ready to take baby Xiao Mi home for New year's to meet the family. Literally read it all the way up here just so I could see them have a girl and the brothers spoil her.

Xi-hime and nielyti like this.
  8. nielyti

nielyti Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How was that? how ml reacted and how was her death? Did she die when her future self was born?

9. Emina425

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure regarding her future self. It wasn't mentioned or perhaps the author forgot the timeline or I forgot about it but she died due to old age. On that day, her space disappeared. She told ML about it and knows her end is near so they called back all the kids with grandschildren for 'farewell'. She went in there bedroom to 'rest' after the farewell with ML on her side and knew it that was it and said she won't be alone and be with her. ML slept beside her(it didn't say he did something for himself but I think he hold on just for MC.) MC died first, then ML.

Was expecting for the opposite thing to happen during MTL since ML was older and MC didn't show much her affections to ML compare to ML.

Someone came in to check on them(either the kids or grandchildren) and found the situation and they mourned for their death.

10. Cuddles You

Cuddles You Eternal East Wind

Reading List:
    Link
  11. nielyti

nielyti Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for the spoiler. This reminded me of the death of my grandfather and grandmother both knew they were going to die and said goodbye to everyone and went to sleep.

12. Klixxa

Klixxa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can any one recommed novel like this please? Really like this story

michoux likes this.
  13. waraa

waraa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finished MTLing:blobparty::blobparty:... great novel:blobokhand: took me three whole days to completely read:blobuwu::blobsleeping:, everything was explained not many loopholes:blob_plusone:

Edit: I re-read this story again, later for my favorite scenes... but some lines really cause my BP to shoot high... like MC really doesn't know how to live, she is a spendthrift and takes care of everyone and yet doesn't know how to live?? Pigs are fat, have lots of meat and oil production but only downside is they eat a lot, so you want best of everything with nil payment?? also for at least two autumn harvest there were still 7 years left till university entry exams (but it might be my counting mistake)... Sometimes people views still caused me to be like:blobfearful::facepalm::blobcurse::blobpoliceangry:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  14. Lilylam

Lilylam Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How does San ni fare in the capital? I feel so bad for her. We're getting to see more of Liu ni, and I can only imagine the mess San ni has to deal with as the older sibling. Is San ni's husband a good person?
    What happens to Liu ni? She's always trying to cheat other people and her conversations with her mother remind me of the annoying family that planned to seduce ML and Zhou Kai (Da wa).

15. Emina425

Reading List:
    Link
    She does have money to backup the lifestyle so not complaining here and that's how she lived before and knew it was better to live that way for the health of the kids so it's acceptable for me.
    As for the Uni entrance, I agree she did prepare very very early. I did think though she may want to study in secret however later she thought she can't hid it long to her husband and eventually revealed herself or perhaps that was her first time studying english adding her past life and wanted to be competitive so she studied that early. It was never explain in the novel iirc.

16. Emina425

Reading List:
    Link
    San ni did well in the capital. Her husband loves her so much. At first MC has new business and made both of them manage it, it was dried seafood? business and in a small store. San ni husband was crippled after an incident so the store was perfect for the two of them to gain money even with the disability that he has. Later they had their own two storey place (they use the space above as a house) and continue the dried seafood business. Not sure though what happened to the orig store MC had.

Miki T, Uncopyright and Lilylam like this.
  17. adz143

adz143 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can someone please tell me in detail what happened to Xu Sheng Mei... I know because of her scheme she got a city man... So what happened to her in the long run...?

18. simsim

simsim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

This girl was the worst.
    I'll spoil till i read.

After Mc tells her to study, she goes to watch tv at grandparent house.

Later on she gets jealous of her cousins who can read and write.

She tries to sow discord in Mc family by backbiting to MIL.

MIL is smart and likes Mc. So she doesn't do anything and tries to control her.

Later on she meets a rich second gen and hooks him and forces their family to marry her.

After that Mc family gain a little bad reputation. But as always Mc doesnt pay any heed. But she was super pissed off.

The 2nd gen guy is not nice. He doesn't give her any importance.
    He wants to gain benifit from Mc fam coz even though his fam is rich but he isn't necessary.

But who is our Mc, hehe dream on.

Somehow she XSM gets a miscarriage. Coz their family (husband) nephew were playing with marbles. She falls down and baby dies.

She takes baby death as bargaining chip and makes her own brother enter the factory.

Bro comes and puts on airs
    Mc fam ignire them. He also ignores them.

He has low self esteem. So he always puts on air
    The factory worker spread rumours of nepotism and bad attitudes.

He hears ine of them. And beats up the guy to hospital.

Zhou family tells XSM to not let him in factory anymore.

She tells bro that they have to be nicse to Ml and mc.
    She request Ml to put her bro in night school.
    Ml pure traditional guy thinks of giving them a chance and decides to do it.

He doesn't even know about the whole fighting fiasco.

Ml and mc are under cold war.
    Ml really felt wrong later on the ml lil sis tells him about it.
    He gets shocked. He tells mc to tell him if there is anything. Instead of ignoring him. We should communicate things properly.
    Mc says since you have already decided We'll give him a last chance.

Basically they sweetly get back to business.

XSM bro doesnt cherish this opportunity and decides to sleep in night classes.

Idk about later.
    Maybe have to mtl it.
    Frankly compared to brother I feel XSM is scary. Someone who takes so much from their maternal aunts family and has the face to say that she has been wronged and sows discord between her mother and her uncles family. The previous gen were quite straight forward.

Even the eldest sister is not that annoying. She loves her son and feels wronged after this XSM comes and tells nonsense.

XSM can use tears, innocence and reputation everything to get what she wants.

Lol Neuni looks like a tantrum child in front of her coz she says upfront and doesnt play games like this. However annoying and pesky it may feel, but you won't feel betrayed afterall families which are far and near, they only need trust to maintain relationships. When that's gone everything is over.

She didn't even leave Hu Zi guy. He is so hardworking. She tries to hook him up with divorced younger sister of Zheng family. When he is so young and amazing and deserves better.

Worst of all, she thinks she is being righteous and cousin bro should thank her later.

Hehe

Involving people in crap just because you are the same crap

Make ones blood boil :mad:

19. NovelsAreLife

NovelsAreLife Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aside from what was already said in this thread, the rich dude she married didn't really care about her and cheated on her with different women (predictable really with how she got him to marry her, its obvious even back then that he's a womanizer with no ambition in life) while she worked as a horse for his family to please them.

Later after she tried to trick her cousin Huzi to hook up with a known prostitute who was infertile due to her previous abortion (don't know if its her older sister or her or both who did sex for money and pleasure thing)/loose divorced woman in their neighborhood to force him to marry her, who despite her being an ungrateful shrew who sows discord within her family, Huzi still cares about her and would get into fights to protect her none existent reputation and character.

She did that to get back for the Zhou family not giving money or benefits to her and the married family to give her face so she has more voice to speak in that family and not supporting/praising her? for purposely getting knocked up to force the guy to marry her, as she was proud that she managed to marry into a rich family.

After that she became closer to that loose woman and even started a clothing business with her (don't know why she did that), it backfired on her when her brother was seduced and determined to marry that girl. When Xu Sheng Mei found out, she was horrified and furious and tried everything to separate them, even pleading for the Zhou family to interfere by cutting off her brother's channel to buy good quality cheap clothes from the big clothing factory of her cousin Erni's husband. The loose woman found out about this and became angry and told the brother about this and cried, the brother took the loose woman's side and told his sister to stop bullying his woman or else he will tell her married family the truth about her miscarriage.

Xu Sheng Mei purposely miscarried to force them to reserve a place in their factory for her brother as they didn't agree before as they looked down on her country folk brother and her husband didn't really like her family and looked down on them. That, and the Zhou family didn't agree to house and offer a job to the brother as he was a known arrogant gangster who loves picking fights for stupid things in their countryside. Xu Sheng Mei didn't admit directly if she really did that but it was implied in the story. She got afraid and reluctantly let them go but became enemies with the loose woman and blamed the Zhou family again (what else is new) for not taking her side and interfering in her stubborn adult brother's love life.

Later, the brother and loose woman got married. After trying for so many times and being urged by his mother to have a grand child already, the loose woman still didn't get pregnant and the doctor told her that her previous abortion might have damaged her body and made her infertile. The loose woman kept this from the brother.

The brother after getting into a fight 2 times in Beijing and sending the other person each time into the hospital, got into another fight. This time he was arrested and went to jail. Xu Sheng Mei and 1st daughter of grandma told this to the grandma whose really old already so predictably she fainted. But they still pestered the MiL into convincing Lin Qing He to talk to Erni's husband to get his powerful family with political ties to get the brother out of jail. The Zhou family reluctantly agreed but the relationship between the 1st daughter's family and the Zhou family became colder. The brother got out of jail and hated the Zhou family for looking down on him. Because of his temper, he again started a few fights. I'm not sure if I remember correctly but he got arrested and got out of jail again thanks to the Zhou family because of repeated pestering of his sister and mother. Until he got arrested again for I don't know how many more times and the Zhou family finally couldn't stand it and didn't help anymore. Xu Sheng Mei and her mother hated and blamed Zhou family for being uncaring to their blood kin and looking down on them by not helping anymore and cut off their relationship with the Zhou family.

Lin Qing He expressed good riddance but she and the Zhou family secretly gave some money to the wardens of the prison to take care of the brother to make sure he isn't too roughed up or injured in the prison. But they want him to stay there in prison and reflect and learn from his mistakes.

Another thing is that during the brother and the loose woman's relationship when the brother still lives in his sister's married family's house, the loose woman met Xu Sheng Mei's husband and started an affair with him. The siblings didn't know this until the brother got out of jail years later. He already knew he was wrong and while the Zhou family didn't help him get out of jail, he realized they had helped him during his time in prison and was grateful. He wanted to atone and restore his relationship with them. Zhou Qingbai saw that he was genuinely sorry and gave him another chance by offering him the employee position in the dumpling shop.

The brother got home to his loose wife and noticed one time that his wife and his sister's husband was being unusually intimate. So he investigated and found out that they had an affair for who knows how many years behind their backs. He told his sister and she became furious but told him to wait before divorcing or saying anything to his wife.

Xu Sheng Mei then proceeded to seduce another rich dude and divorced her husband and told him that she knew about his cheating. She also told him that she will marry the other rich dude to express that she can live well without him. Then the brother also divorced his loose wife and just worked peacefully in the dumpling shop.

Also in my opinion, Zhou Liuni and Xu Sheng Mei are in the same level of nastiness in personality and attitude. The difference between them is that Xu Sheng Mei can hide her awful personality better as she's a better actor, can scheme better than Zhou Liuni and she is at least loyal to her parents and her brother. It's like she can treat anyone badly for her ambitions except them.

Zhou Liuni has zero redeeming qualities but she is at least an awful actor. She is obvious and more overt in her nastiness to people and even her immediate family most of the time except for when she needs something from them. Plus, most of her extended family grew up with her or seen her grew up so they knew her real character very well. She's also more lustful compared to Xu Sheng Mei as she frequently sleeps around with the men in the village which results in her getting knocked up and forced to marry the dude to maintain her reputation. After that, I'm not sure if I remember it right but I think she still continued to cheat and sleep around with other men in secret. So she's a lustful unfilial vicious gold digger. On the other hand, Xu Sheng Mei is only focused on pursuing status and wealth at any cost. So she's a partially unfilial vicious gold digger and social climber.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    Miki T, simsim and Elv like this.
  20. simsim

simsim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened with the other marriage? Did she live happily with the new husband?

Frankly the only sorry figure was the 2nd brother. I felt so bad for him! I mean first it was his wife then his daughter. Poor man never got to live for himself

Miki T and NovelsAreLife like this.